Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 01:48:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286803 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Sports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Hey Allinall!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hey Allinall!  (Read 9311 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2006, 08:03:26 PM »

looks like the Steelers are going...NFC Championship doesn't really matter...I don't think either of those teams can beat Pitt...I'm a Saints fan myself (go ahead...take your shots...)...
Okay, I think I will....................   Wink   Grin

at_the_Cross

Jesus is LORD.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2006, 08:58:59 PM »

looks like the Steelers are going...NFC Championship doesn't really matter...I don't think either of those teams can beat Pitt...I'm a Saints fan myself (go ahead...take your shots...)...

These teams have never made it to the SuperBowl?

Arizona Cardinals
Cleveland Browns
Detroit Lions
Houston Texans
Jacksonville Jaguars
New Orleans Saints
Seattle Seahawks

My team is amongst the other five Grin

Okay, I think I will....................   Wink   Grin

A little to quick to agree there don't you think...lol

At those moments when the word God ceases to be simply a word and becomes an underground hot-spring erupting a geyser of light, love, beauty, and life from the heart to everlasting life through Jesus Christ.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2006, 10:40:45 PM »

These teams have never made it to the SuperBowl?

Arizona Cardinals
Cleveland Browns
Detroit Lions
Houston Texans
Jacksonville Jaguars
New Orleans Saints
Seattle Seahawks

My team is amongst the other five Grin

A little to quick to agree there don't you think...lol
Just rub it in there, that Arizona hasn't ever made it to the supperbowl.  Tongue

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2006, 10:43:15 PM »

Speaking of the seahawks, at_the_Cross Shocked

Seahawks Super Bowl Bound After Rout

AP Football Writer 19 minutes ago

SEATTLE - With their MVP back in business, a fierce defense and all the comforts of playing at home, the
Seattle Seahawks had everything they needed to get to their first Super Bowl.

And they did, easily.

Shaun Alexander came back from last week's concussion to rush for a team playoff-record 132 yards and two touchdowns Sunday, and Seattle pressured Carolina stars Jake Delhomme and Steve Smith into oblivion in a 34-14 rout for the NFC championship.

The Seahawks picked off three passes in winning their 12th straight home game and shattering the fifth-seeded Panthers' stunning postseason road run.

The NFC's best team during the season, the Seahawks (15-3) will have to beat yet another wild card, the Pittsburgh Steelers, in the Super Bowl in Detroit on Feb. 5. Pittsburgh beat Denver 34-17 earlier in the day.

"We're not done yet," quarterback Matt Hasselbeck said. "We've got another game we've got to go win."

While Alexander paced the ball-control offense, it was the defense that really carried the Seahawks. It yielded only 62 yards, three first downs and no real threats in the first half.

Then, with Carolina desperate, Seattle allowed virtually nothing until it had a 20-point lead.

Mike Holmgren, only the fifth coach to lead two franchises to the Super Bowl — he won in 1997 and lost in 1998 with Green Bay — praised his defense this week for the enormous pressure it applied to opponents all season. That defense led the league in sacks and was always in Delhomme's face, helping force two first-half interceptions that were decisive.

The Panthers weren't helped when starting running back Nick Goings was sidelined in the first quarter after a massive hit by linebacker Lofa Tatupu. They already were minus their top two runners, Stephen Davis and DeShaun Foster.

The Seahawks had their horse, though, and by the second half, they could turn to Alexander. As he always has this season, he delivered some big runs as the crowd chanted "M-V-P, M-V-P."

Hasselbeck finished off the Panthers (13-6) with a gorgeous pump fake that had cornerback Chris Gamble on all fours. Darrell Jackson caught the 20-yard pass for a 27-7 lead, and it was time to celebrate in the Pacific Northwest.

Several players did a Qwest Field leap into the stands at the end as the crowd chanted "Super Bowl, Super Bowl." Their 30-year-old team, which tried to leave Seattle for Los Angeles a decade ago, is, indeed, headed for the big game.

Alexander grabbed the George Halas Trophy and carried it down the field as majestically as he totes a football. He only stopped when he reached the end zone, surrounded by photographers and cheerleaders.

Seahawks owner Paul Allen raised the team's 12th man flag, then waved a white towel to whip the crowd of 67,837 into a frenzy. What really got the fans going was when Holmgren sent in backup quarterback Seneca Wallace as a wideout, then Hasselbeck threw to him. Wallace, one of the better athletes in the NFL, made a superb over-the-shoulder catch for 28 yards.

One player later, Jerramy Stevens slipped uncovered down the middle for a 17-yard TD pass.

Josh Brown made it 10-0 with a 24-yard field goal set up when Delhomme forced an ill-advised pass for Smith into triple coverage — even though Ricky Proehl was wide open down the left sideline — and rookie Tatupu speared it. His 21-yard return got Seattle to the Panthers 20.

Seattle's big-play defense was at it again on the next series. Delhomme's lollipop throw for Keary Colbert instead fell into the waiting hands of Marquand Manuel, who weaved through traffic for 32 yards to the Panthers 17. Alexander swept left for 15 yards before his 1-yard run made it 17-0.

Then the dynamic Smith broke free on a 59-yard punt return down the right side. An official threw a flag for a block in the back, but after a long discussion, referee Ed Hochuli announced there was no foul, and Carolina was within 17-7.

But the Panthers weren't making any miracle comebacks against a defense that kept them off-balance all day. Led by Tatupu and Manuel, plus a fierce pass rush pace that forever was in Delhomme's face, the Seahawks made Smith invisible the rest of the way. Rocky Bernard had two sacks as the Seahawks dominated up the middle, and Smith, who made 12 catches for 218 yards in last week's win at Chicago, managed just five catches for 33 yards.

Of course, the Panthers almost never had the ball; Seattle held it for nearly 42 minutes. And after Michael Boulware got the Seahawks' third interception — surpassing Delhomme's career playoff total — late in the third quarter, all doubt was removed.

Alexander added with a 1-yard scoring run, and Drew Carter's 47-yard TD reception meant little. To finish it off, Smith fumbled on a reception in the final two minutes.

Seahawks Super Bowl Bound After Rout

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2006, 10:48:09 PM »

BOO, HISS, BOOOO!!!

Steelers, on Road, Advance to Super Bowl

By EDDIE PELLS, AP Sports Writer 9 minutes ago

DENVER - The wildest road trip since "Animal House" rocks on.

The next stop for Big Ben, The Bus and all those Terrible Towels will be the Super Bowl in Detroit, thanks to a 34-17 dismantling of the Denver Broncos on Sunday in the AFC title game.

"We were sitting, looking at an outside shot to be in the Super Bowl," Steelers linebacker Clark Haggans said. "This is an unbelievable feeling to be here right now."

Unbelievable and almost unprecedented.

Led by 275 yards and two passing touchdowns from Ben Roethlisberger and a touchdown by Jerome Bettis, the Steelers became the first team since the 1985 Patriots to win three postseason road games en route to the Super Bowl. Counting the regular season, they've played five of their last six away from Pittsburgh.

Next up: Seattle, a 34-14 winner over Carolina in the NFC title game. The teams will meet in two weeks at Ford Field, and the Steelers were the early favorite by 3 1-2 points.

And while there's no Otter or Boon — the characters who called for a road trip when things got tough for the Delta House fraternity — this Pittsburgh group has plenty of characters of its own.

There's Bettis, The Bus, who stuck around for a 13th year with hopes of playing in his first Super Bowl, in his hometown of Detroit.

There's Roethlisberger, Big Ben, the second-year quarterback who looked every bit the veteran in this one, completing 21 of 29 passes and keeping the Steelers going on six of seven crucial third-down situations in the first half.

There's the coach, jut-jawed Bill Cowher, who worked the sideline in his usual manner, jabbing his finger at Bettis, then hugging him, smiling and scowling, too. This was tough love at its best — and good enough to move the Steelers back to the Super Bowl for the first time since 1995.

And all those loyal Pittsburgh fans. An estimated 8,000 came to Denver and they stayed well after the game, waving their Terrible Towels in the corner of Denver's Invesco Field until security finally had to ask them to leave.

"It feels great today, I'll tell you that," owner Dan Rooney said. "The coach already told me we're going to the Super Bowl to win it, not just to be there."

Outschemed, outplayed and pushed around all day, the Broncos (14-4) shuffled off to their locker room, heads down, after their first home loss in 10 tries this season.

"We did not complete the mission and it's frustrating," linebacker Ian Gold said. "But anytime you make it to the AFC championship game and you lose, you hope to lose to a team like that."

Indeed, it's hard to deny the Steelers (14-5) are deserving. Their next game will be for their fifth championship — that elusive "One For The Thumb" — that the franchise couldn't get in the 1970s heyday of Bradshaw, Swann, Stallworth and Harris.

Against Denver, the Steelers came out passing, not running, much the same way they did when they upset Indianapolis last week. Roethlisberger called pass plays on seven of Pittsburgh's first 11 snaps and threw completions on five of those.

The first drive resulted in a field goal. On Denver's next possession, Pittsburgh's Joey Porter blitzed to force a Jake Plummer fumble. Five plays later, Roethlisberger hit Cedrick Wilson for a touchdown and a 10-0 lead, quieting the Invesco Field crowd much as the Steelers did in Indy last week and Cincinnati the week before.

After a Denver field goal, the Steelers essentially salted this game with a 14-play, 80-yard drive that ate up nearly 7 1/2 minutes and had the Broncos defense totally off balance and gasping for air.

Bettis capped it by bulling in from the 3 for a 17-3 lead to put him well on his way to the Super Bowl. Cowher smiled widely for that one, remembering Bettis' near disaster on the goal line last week in Indy.

"This is a great group of guys, how we got here, we're a different team," Cowher said. "We're a focused team, no matter what's happened, we've stayed together. We've got a resilient group."

The Broncos trailed by two touchdowns, yet everyone in Denver knew they had escaped worse predicaments in the past.

But there was no Drive, no Fumble, no comeback and no you-know-who on the field this day.

John Elway was on hand, but sitting in a luxury suite, watching the Broncos fall short of the ultimate destination for the seventh straight year since he led them to their second championship.

Plummer, who had played so well in the lead all season, finally faced some comeback pressure and failed miserably. He went 18-for-30 for 223 yards with two lost fumbles and two interceptions.

He threw one pass underhanded, scrambled for his life and, though valiant as always, proved what had been proved many times before — that he can't do it by himself. He said he woke up with a bit of a cold, but it had no effect on his game.

The Steelers certainly did.

"It's tough," Plummer said. "They were getting after it and when they got a lead, we get one dimensional."

Trailing by two touchdowns late in the first half, Jake the Snake lobbed a terrible pass into the flat that was easily intercepted by Ike Taylor. Moments later, Bettis ran it in from 12 yards for an apparent touchdown on third down.

A penalty nullified that, but it only set up Roethlisberger for his best throw of the day — a 17-yard touchdown that barely cleared the fingertips of Al Wilson and Nick Ferguson, before finding Hines Ward tucked neatly in the back of the end zone.

That made it 24-3.

Roethlisberger ran to the sideline and celebrated by pretending to fire six-shooters from his hip. Yep, he was on target all day in this one — 24 yards to Heath Miller, 17 more to Wilson, 21 to Ward and 18 to Wilson again, all after being given ample time against Denver's ill-timed blitz.

"He's the catalyst of our whole offense," Ward said. "The quarterback has to have confidence, or how else will the rest of the 10 guys follow him? He's going out there confident and having trust in his teammates to make plays."

Midway through the fourth quarter, Denver pulled within 27-17 and got the ball back at its 20.

But Plummer lost a fumble on fourth-and-10 and that pretty much made it official: The Steelers would be back in the big game after becoming the first team to beat the Nos. 1, 2 and 3 seeds in the playoffs.

"It's amazing, especially to have done it all on the road," Steelers receiver Antwaan Randle-El said.

The Steelers had played five AFC title games since 1994, all at home, and managed only one victory, leading many to wonder if the pressure of being a favorite, or doing it in front of the home crowd, was something the Steelers could handle.

Cowher, now in his 14th year, kept his job through it all — the Rooney family cherishes stability over all else.

"If you look at our ownership, Mr. Rooney is a football guy and he understands how hard it is to do this," Cowher said. "Nothing would be more satisfying to me than to hand him the Vince Lombardi trophy in two weeks."

As the clock wound down, Cowher was still going full tilt on the sideline, jabbing his finger at Bettis, preaching ball control and no repeat of last week's fumble in Indy.

Roethlisberger put this one away, diving in for a score on third-and-goal and sending the crowd home.

Steelers, on Road, Advance to Super Bowl

at_the_Cross

Jesus is LORD.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2006, 12:50:12 AM »

Just rub it in there, that Arizona hasn't ever made it to the supperbowl.  Tongue

Oh pleasssee, that doesn't hurt...my step-dad says the Cards don't even belong in the NFL.
Really, it wouldn't work out as well as it does for Baskin Robbins and 31 flavors. Wink Grin

Speaking of the seahawks, at_the_Cross Shocked

I think the Steelers are going to take the to Detroit and run over alot of Seahawks along the way to the Championship.

At those moments when the word God ceases to be simply a word and becomes an underground hot-spring erupting a geyser of light, love, beauty, and life from the heart to everlasting life through Jesus Christ.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2006, 12:55:21 AM »

Oh pleasssee, that doesn't hurt...my step-dad says the Cards don't even belong in the NFL.
Really, it wouldn't work out as well as it does for Baskin Robbins and 31 flavors. Wink Grin

I think the Steelers are going to take the to Detroit and run over alot of Seahawks along the way to the Championship.
The Steelers are going to get shot out of the superbowl...... Wink

at_the_Cross

Jesus is LORD.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2006, 01:10:36 AM »

The Steelers are going to get shot out of the superbowl...... Wink

seahawks

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2006, 01:34:53 AM »

seahawks

at_the_Cross

Jesus is LORD.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2006, 01:49:34 AM »

Seahawks

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2006, 02:07:41 AM »

Seahawks
I think the Steelers are going to And the Seahawks get a out of this world.

at_the_Cross

Jesus is LORD.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2006, 02:20:31 AM »

I think the Steelers are going to And the Seahawks get a out of this world.

Its not that the Seahawks are out of this World, your really seeing them as..., I would really like to see a good game in two weeks, both are a frist timer...

Seahawks: frist SuperBowl appearance...1 for 1 ?

Steelers: frist team in the sixth seat to go all the way ?

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2006, 02:27:56 AM »

Steelers: frist team in the sixth seat to go all the way ?

Down the drain? Grin

at_the_Cross

Jesus is LORD.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2006, 02:46:06 AM »

Down the drain? Grin

When its all said and done with, it will look like...

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2006, 02:51:29 AM »

When its all said and done with, it will look like...
This is what the Steelers are facing... Look at that poor Steeler can't even hold on the ....  Oops, pentalty against the Steelers looks like more then one.... Grin

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the