Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:45:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Wanting to go to the arms of Jesus
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Wanting to go to the arms of Jesus  (Read 2686 times)
catty

Its all about you Lord Jesus, its all about you!

View Profile
« on: January 08, 2006, 05:26:52 PM »

Please say a prayer for a sister(Donna) in my church, who ready to go to see the Lord. She has a flesh eating virus and is not expected to live(2% chance). The doctor had to remove one leg up to the hip and the other just below the knee. She is rejoicing in the Lord and is ready to go home. Since this is her wish I am praying for the Lord to take and give comfort to the family. She has already told our loving pastor what her wishes are for her funeral. May God be with her family and friends and give them peace and ablility to rejoice that she is no longer suffering. What a testimony for lost family members of this dear sister. We also lost another member(Bro. Bob) of our church family this weekend. Prayer for this family as well.
Catty
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 05:35:35 PM »

Catty, I will pray for Donna. Though if the Lord heals her, that is the Lords choice. I will also pray, the Lord will give comfort to her family.

Resting in the hands, of the Lord.
Bob

Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God is in the midst of you, a Mighty One, a Savior [Who saves]! He will rejoice over you with joy; He will rest [in silent satisfaction] and in His love He will be silent and make no mention [of past sins, or even recall them]; He will exult over you with singing.

catty

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 05:52:31 PM »

Bob,
Thank you and I know the Lord can heal if he wants to. I think that there are times when we need to allow people to go. We can hold people to this world, but why would we want to. If someone is fighting to stay yes we should pray for that. She is wanting to go, so I am and our church has released her to the Lord. His will be done here on earth as it is in Heaven. What a deeper thought I have of that now. I guess I shoudl have worded it that way instead. We release her to God's will.
Catty
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 06:14:45 PM »

I will pray that the Lords will be done and whatever the outcome is that the family will be comforted to know that it is the Lord's will.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 07:58:24 PM »

Hello Catty,

I will definitely be praying for Donna, her family, and her friends. You have already addressed the most important issue for a Christian, "God's Will". Things would be quite different if we were talking about a lost person.

As we know, for a Christian, absent from the body - present with the Lord. So, dying for a Christian really means a precious home-coming to the LORD. I know this is easy to say, but it is completely true. BUT, I also know there will still be sorrow for friends and family if God takes her home. I was just reflecting on many Christians who have nearly died, and that would include me. The thoughts of pain and death are not pleasant, but going to spend an eternity of joy with JESUS is a very pleasant reality for a Christian.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Hebrews 11:6 NASB  And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2006, 09:54:41 AM »

Praying also!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Battle Maiden

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2006, 06:55:40 AM »

Please say a prayer for a sister(Donna) in my church, who ready to go to see the Lord. She has a flesh eating virus and is not expected to live(2% chance). The doctor had to remove one leg up to the hip and the other just below the knee. She is rejoicing in the Lord and is ready to go home. Since this is her wish I am praying for the Lord to take and give comfort to the family. She has already told our loving pastor what her wishes are for her funeral. May God be with her family and friends and give them peace and ablility to rejoice that she is no longer suffering. What a testimony for lost family members of this dear sister. We also lost another member(Bro. Bob) of our church family this weekend. Prayer for this family as well.
Catty

I will pray that the Lords will be done in this ladies life. I will pray for the other family. May the lords light shine upon them and may his love flow in and through them.

Battle Maiden
Friarbob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 06:35:34 PM »

I am also praying for the Lord's will to be done in this situation.

Bob Fryar AKA Friarbob
For me to live is Christ, to die is gain.(Philippiams 1:21NIV)
catty

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 09:27:34 AM »

Thanks everyone for the prayers. I found out Sunday morning that Sister Donna's body started to shut down. I have not heard anything thing else. I am not sure why God has allowed her to live this long, but I know He is in control and His will is being done in this woman's life. Please keep the prayers going for peace and comfort for this family.
catty
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2006, 09:32:42 AM »

I am not sure why God has allowed her to live this long,
catty

Sister, it is all in God's time. My prayers continue for them in these trying times.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 10:01:38 AM »

Sister Catty,

I will pray for the comfort and peace of this family and for Donna. I remember you talking about Donna rejoicing and being ready to go home to be with the LORD. I'm thinking about my dad and many other sweet Christians who God used to witness to many others before they died. We don't always understand, but we can know that the will and plan of God is always perfect.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Psalms 23:6 NASB  Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2006, 10:04:45 AM »

Catty,
I too am praying God's will be done. I am sorry everytime someone leaves this earth, but I am very happy to know that sister Donna will be with the Lord. That she has the certainty of being with Him. I am also praying for her family members as well as for all the members of your church.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2006, 10:42:36 AM »

Catty, I will continue my prayers for Donna.

catty

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2006, 09:20:21 AM »

Thank you everyone for your prayers. I found out that hospice has taken over the care of Donna. I am sure God is using her to witness to some of her family members, because they are not Christians. I am hoping that she can reach those that her husband couldn't when he was dying.
 Sorry I have not been on much, but my husband who has COPD(emphysema) is in the hospital being treated for pneumonia. I went to the doctor yesterday and she told me that I have it too. She told me that since my husband is in the hospital she was going to try and keep me out. I feel fine except for the coughing which can get pretty bad at night. The doctor gave me a shot, some pills and coughing medicine. So I am sure I will be fine soon. I am taking my youngest daughter to the doctor today to have checked out, since she had the flu last week.
Take care everyone and God bless you.
catty
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 10:15:37 AM »

Catty, I am still praying for Donna, I will pray for Christ coming in to the family's life. I will also pray, for your husband and you.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the