Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:13:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Nullification of an Earthly Kingdom!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Nullification of an Earthly Kingdom!  (Read 3879 times)
ollie
« on: August 06, 2003, 08:22:00 PM »

The everlasting kingdom rules out the temporal world.
Isa. 9:6-7

Hitch

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 08:33:18 PM »

PERF!

H
asaph
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2003, 12:04:08 AM »

Truth Sire!

Jo 2:17  And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

asaph
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2003, 10:42:04 AM »

The Everlasting Kingdom begins, in the Temporal world, upon the return of Jesus to earth, Job said;

Job 19
25  For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

That day begins in a literal day, and last one thousand years on the earth, when Jersus shall be "King over all the Earth", according to the prophet Daniel.

Furthermore, the new heaven and new earth, are created after the first heaven and first earth pass away (Rev 21:2)

The saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever. (Dan 7:18)

The saints do not go up to heaven to take possession of the kingdom, according to Daniel, it occurs here on the earth. Note that the Ancient of Days comes to the earth according to verse 22 thru 27, and judgement is given to the saints,  the kingdom under the whole heaven spoken of herein, is on the earth vs 27.

Jesus, spoke of this clearly in Mat 24..

No sense in being confused about this matter, it is clear, the kingdom established on the earth is the everlasting kingdom, which Jesus takes back, upon His second comming.

He shall create the new heavens and earth, after He has destroyed the last enemy death.

For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
(1 Cor 15:25-28)

It is hard to believe this, I know, but,  there it is  "written that you might believe"

God Bless

Petro

Reba
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2003, 03:44:08 PM »

Eph 1:20  Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
Eph 1:21  Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
Eph 1:22  And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
Eph 1:23  Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Rom 5:17  For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.

Joh 12:14  And Jesus, when he had found a young ass, sat thereon; as it is written,
Joh 12:15  Fear not, daughter of Sion: behold, thy King cometh, sitting on an ass's colt.

Heb 12:22  But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23  To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24  And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

1Co 15:54  So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
1Co 15:55  O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
1Co 15:56  The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
1Co 15:57  But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2003, 04:01:17 PM »

The Everlasting Kingdom begins, in the Temporal world, upon the return of Jesus to earth, Job said;

Job 19
25  For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

That day begins in a literal day, and last one thousand years on the earth, when Jersus shall be "King over all the Earth", according to the prophet Daniel.

Furthermore, the new heaven and new earth, are created after the first heaven and first earth pass away (Rev 21:2)

The saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever. (Dan 7:18)

The saints do not go up to heaven to take possession of the kingdom, according to Daniel, it occurs here on the earth. Note that the Ancient of Days comes to the earth according to verse 22 thru 27, and judgement is given to the saints,  the kingdom under the whole heaven spoken of herein, is on the earth vs 27.

Jesus, spoke of this clearly in Mat 24..

No sense in being confused about this matter, it is clear, the kingdom established on the earth is the everlasting kingdom, which Jesus takes back, upon His second comming.

He shall create the new heavens and earth, after He has destroyed the last enemy death.

For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
(1 Cor 15:25-28)

It is hard to believe this, I know, but,  there it is  "written that you might believe"

God Bless

Petro

1 Corinthians 15:50.  Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

Support your local Christian.
Petro
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2003, 08:29:58 PM »

posted by ollie as reply #5, Re: Nullification of the earthly kingdom.

1 Corinthians 15:50. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.

What does this verse have to do with what I wrote to you, I never said abnything about flesh and blood inheriting anything, I said the Kingdom begins with the second coming of Jesus to the earth, to establish His kingdom, He will rule over all the nations with a Rod of Iron, in that day

Do you understand this verse you have posted??  I doubt it..

The kingdom of God, is all of His creation, on the earth are His chosen ones, whom He has promised to redeeem, Jesus, said:

.......Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
Jhn 14:1-3

It is written;

Acts 1
10  .........And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as he went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel;
11  Which also said,
12  Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

And again at;

Eph 1
13  In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
14  Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, ......

The Kingdom of God, is where ever the King of the Kingdom is, Jesus is the King of Kings, Lord of Lords,  when He was on earth, the Kingdom of God was among men , He said to the religious Pharasees;

But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.

To men he said; .........behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation; of him also shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels.

And again, he said unto them,  

"Verily I say unto you, That there be some of them that stand here, which shall not taste of death, till they have seen the kingdom of God come with power.

The Kingdom of God is taken back from the hands of evildoers, in this temporal setting; He says again to unbelievers;

Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof.

And whosoever shall fall on this stone shall be broken: but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder.

Behold, I show you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.
 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

You have left out the important verses, which reveal the true meaning of the mystery of the Kingdom, but unto us ,it is given, that we might know the mysteries of the Kingdom, this is why Jesus spoke in parables (Mk 4:11), "......... but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

Are you able to understand these things??

Now you will ask, when will this be, my answer is only God, knows, but it is sealed, and I am suprememly confident it will come to pass, because Gods Word proclaims it.

But I know you say, I know all of this............heh..

I wonder if it be so..

Petro

asaph
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2003, 08:38:50 PM »

The everlasting kingdom rules out the temporal world.
Isa. 9:6-7

The meek shall inherit the earth. They are blessed.

asaph
Reba
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2003, 10:18:27 PM »

Rom 14:17  For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.

Hitch

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2003, 11:12:53 PM »

LOL@Petro

Gee Petro is there some Aposotle  who specifically names the church as the 'holy nation',,,ie the one that bears the fruit?

It such a crack up." No kingdom with out the King",,,, and these same folks tell us satan is the ruler of this world. Hmmm geee is satan bodily present? If thats the requirement and satan can rule without bodily presnece  that make it more powerful than Christ, who acoring to some cany be ruling here because he is in heaven,,,

Well I like having 'friends' in high places.

Heb 9:26
26   For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
(KJV)

Petro wont get it   but Jesus made of point of talking about new wine and lold wine skins. The old world of continuous bloody sacrifices is not fit for those redeemed by the Blood of the Lamb. Now because of  that Sacrfice we are new creations in Christ.

'Why ,,it cant be there is still sin you fool,',,We are ,by design, sent to live here through the historical process, and important part of the Wheat and Tares parable.  The NEW HEAVENS&EARTH  are not places. They are significant of our new position of redemption, and our adoption into the royal house, in this life. There is no sin,death, child birth, etc in eternity,yet these are mentioned  in reference to the NH&E.
Of course many wont agree Petro certainly wont but from those I'd like to hear  just what 'world' ended and is described in Hebrews.

Take care

Hitch
« Last Edit: August 12, 2003, 11:26:03 PM by Hitch » Logged
Hitch

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2003, 11:28:04 PM »

Eph 1:20  Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,
Eph 1:21  Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:
Eph 1:22  And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church,
Eph 1:23  Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all.

Rom 5:17  For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.

Joh 12:14  And Jesus, when he had found a young ass, sat thereon; as it is written,
Joh 12:15  Fear not, daughter of Sion: behold, thy King cometh, sitting on an ass's colt.

Heb 12:22  But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb 12:23  To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
Heb 12:24  And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

1Co 15:54  So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
1Co 15:55  O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?
1Co 15:56  The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law.
1Co 15:57  But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

All that and some folks would rather have Jesus stuck in a room in Jerusalem,,of all places...

H
asaph
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2003, 09:35:03 AM »

Hitch,
If it doesn't get any better than this then why is there still evil in the world? Will the evil last forever? When will it end? How will it end?
1Co 15:53  For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
When?
Are all Jesus' enemies under his feet.
1Co 15:25  For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
Has this happened yet?
Heb 2:8  Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.
Do you see all things put under Jesus at present?
Why is there still evil in the world?
Will the meek inherit the earth?
When?
Will the creation be in bondage to corruption at that time?
Or will there even be a physical creation?
Will we just be in some nebulous ethereal existence with no physical substance to weigh us down?

Rom 8:19  For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Rom 8:20  For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Rom 8:21  Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
Rom 8:22  For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
Rom 8:23  And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
Rom 8:24  For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
Rom 8:25  But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Has our body been redeemed yet? What does it mean for the body to be redeemed? When will this redemption take place. Was Paul just a stupid futurist who needed the preterist to come and explain the spiritual application of these things to him? Hey Paul just wait till AD70 then all your questions will be answered. We will enter into a utopia that cannot be improved upon then. Yes AD70! I can't wait! All evil will be put down then!

Come on lets get real! Look around you. Look at your body. Look at the corruption every where. What did AD 70 do for that. Jesus did not return in AD70. Don't bother appealing to the unbeliever Josephus. Let's stop pussy footing around the real issues and stand up for truth.

asaph
Hitch

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2003, 10:36:53 AM »

Hitch,
If it doesn't get any better than this then why is there still evil in the world? Will the evil last forever? When will it end? How will it end?
This is illustrated in Matthew 13
1Co 15:53  For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
When?
We have already gained eternal life, still we go through the historical process which includes physical death, and for those who went before, they also wait for resurrection, which as Jesus promised will come at the last day.
Are all Jesus' enemies under his feet.
1Co 15:25  For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
Has this happened yet?
In the judicial sense Christ  conquered the world when he defeated satan by resurrection.  Again, we are required to go through the historical process,we live in time, and just as God had given the Land to Israel, they still had to move in and take it. This requires time and effort.
Heb 2:8  Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.
Do you see all things put under Jesus at present?
I take Christ at his word, and if he retains all power and authority in heaven and earth its hard to imagine  much in the way of leftovers
Why is there still evil in the world?
Because ,as above, Jesus said the good and the evil will exist side by side until the end.

Will the meek inherit the earth?
When?
The earnest was paid here

Mark 16:15
15   And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
(KJV)

Will the creation be in bondage to corruption at that time?
Or will there even be a physical creation?
Gee I thought God said the creation was 'good'.  You dont like it?

Will we just be in some nebulous ethereal existence with no physical substance to weigh us down?
I refer you to  John chapter six 39-54.

Rom 8:19  For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Rom 8:20  For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Rom 8:21  Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
Rom 8:22  For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
Rom 8:23  And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
Rom 8:24  For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?
Rom 8:25  But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Has our body been redeemed yet? What does it mean for the body to be redeemed? When will this redemption take place.
see above reference.
Was Paul just a stupid futurist who needed the preterist to come and explain the spiritual application of these things to him? Hey Paul just wait till AD70 then all your questions will be answered. We will enter into a utopia that cannot be improved upon then. Yes AD70! I can't wait! All evil will be put down then!
LOL Well the proto-typical antichrist state was disolved then, pretty good start eh? And Rome was nearly torn to pieces from the inside, so I like to compare these great powers, Rome , Israel and the Church. Of these which has survived and grown since AD 70?

Come on lets get real! Look around you. Look at your body. Look at the corruption every where.
now look at  Mat 13 and you tell me when the good and the evil are finally seperated
What did AD 70 do for that. Jesus did not return in AD70.
Well gee Kieth thats pretty obvious...
Don't bother appealing to the unbeliever Josephus. Let's stop pussy footing around the real issues and stand up for truth.

asaph

take care

Hitch

sorry for editing have to head to work
« Last Edit: August 14, 2003, 02:58:16 AM by Hitch » Logged
Reba
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2003, 01:47:23 PM »

Hitch,

LOL Well th eproto -typical antichrist state was disolved then,pretty good start eh? And Rome was nearly torn to pieces from the inside, so I like to compare these great powers, Rome  Israel and the Church. Of these which has survived and grown since AD 70?

A simple insite i have never thought of, Thanks

HIS Kingdom shall endure forever.

sorry for editing have to head to work

???editing? Huh sheesh
Reba
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2003, 02:51:01 PM »

asaph,

This is an interesting conversation. Please tell me what you believe the HIS kingdom to be like. I am asking at a very basic level. (ie)  Does HE set on a throne in a big  chair, Does HE eat food, sleep, do the subjects of this kingdom eat sleep marry have children, etc? As I stated very basic question I would appreciate an answer. Thanks!   Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the