Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:41:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Openly gay bishop--abomination that causes desolation??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Openly gay bishop--abomination that causes desolation??  (Read 3826 times)
Katherine

Being a Christian means being EXACTLY like Christ!

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2003, 06:33:01 PM »

God said that an abomination that causes desolation will be set up in the temple. The immediate prophesy was idols being set up in the 2nd Jewish temple in around 70AD. Does that take the form of a homosexual in the pulpit in the final days?

God bless us if we're right! God forgive us if we're wrong.
Katherine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2003, 06:36:11 PM »

Oops! Here's the story:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,93903,00.html

MINNEAPOLIS  — The Episcopal Church's (search) first openly gay bishop told Fox News Wednesday that he hoped the church would be strengthened by his confirmation, not split in two.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2003, 06:42:23 PM »

Thank you, Katherine.

Yes!  I was just reading Jesus's in the Olivette Discourse, in Mathew 24.

Then,

II Thess. 2:1-4 "...who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God."

And maybe a little bit in Daniel 9:27...
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2003, 08:46:03 PM »

Katherine,

Isn't the word abomination a little strong? (just kidding!)

This decision was another nail in America's coffin. It's no wonder the Muslims call us the Great Satan (they're actually worse )The sad fact is that many more Churches than the Episcopal denomination have prostituted themselves. They are just in your face with theirs.

Jeremiah talked about a nation who could no longer blush...guess what we are there.

Psalm 119
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2003, 09:50:18 PM »

I'm wondering amid the apparent wholesale determination of the homosexual bent, if one should really be saying anything at all anymore--that is, "do not cast your pearls before swine..."

In the spirit of "God gave them up to...." there in Romans 1...
Katherine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2003, 11:34:02 PM »

Katherine,

Isn't the word abomination a little strong? (just kidding!)

Grin Wink

Katherine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2003, 11:36:33 PM »

I'm wondering amid the apparent wholesale determination of the homosexual bent, if one should really be saying anything at all anymore--that is, "do not cast your pearls before swine..."

In the spirit of "God gave them up to...." there in Romans 1...

My personal belief is that we should just shut up and live it to make everyone wish they had what we do. Like you said, we are just casting our pearls before swine.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2003, 08:24:16 PM »

Yes, we should live as an example.

I'm still open to taking the offense though--that is, where the Spirit leads, and in love--that is, genuine love, and patience, and longsuffering...

I'm a guy, so I'm like conscious of "Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them..."  Eph. 5:11, which is an offensive admonition.

I'm not so sure women are necessarily called to that standard in perhaps the same way men may be...

Somedays I just want to clam up, though, ...

But in any case, I DO believe we SHOULD attack definitelyu at least in prayer--all the time.  I think we should be on the attack all the time in prayer.

Cool
musicllover

Seek ye first the kingdom of God.........

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2003, 01:26:29 AM »

Yes, we should live as an example.

I'm still open to taking the offense though--that is, where the Spirit leads, and in love--that is, genuine love, and patience, and longsuffering...

I'm a guy, so I'm like conscious of "Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them..."  Eph. 5:11, which is an offensive admonition.

I'm not so sure women are necessarily called to that standard in perhaps the same way men may be...

Somedays I just want to clam up, though, ...

But in any case, I DO believe we SHOULD attack definitelyu at least in prayer--all the time.  I think we should be on the attack all the time in prayer.

Cool

Your so right
   I really think there are diff kinds of callings on each of us. Some are called to attack in a more physical manner, but not with violence and destruction those are the tools of the devil.  Jesus showed his temper a few times, but he never hurt anyone, he convicted them with words, and actions. We need to get angry, the word tells us not to sin in our anger, it doesn't say that we can't be anger. Do we sit back and let it go, NO but what do we do???......if your called to a big forum, preaching or teaching to the people, have your prayer warrior begin the battle now. They are called to attack thru pray (intercessors, prayer warriors) its my person belief that if your are called to preach or teach to the " abominations" in this world and there are several, you should have bathed it in prayer, and prayed it thru frist. Me I do good to pray for my home, and children most of the time. There was a day many years ago, my kids were all young and still in school, I had the whole day to myself. I could pray for hours. Nearly physcally sick over the condiitions of this fallen world. IT is only going to get worse too.....but no we should NEVER stop praying. That is our first battle field.
       It truly a shame that this gay bishop stuff was voted thru, it angers me so much that the church seems to overlook the word. But then we can't even agree on this board. I just wish more people would see things more black and white. If its in the gray stay away from it. Maybe thats to simple. Do I live in the gray sometimes.....we all do, we all have our good days and out bad days right. IF not for the Grace of God.....its just that we expect more from our Pastors, teachers, and the church as a whole Ubove reproach. But there are blatant sins out there.....the book of Timothy explains it so well.
blessings

musicllover
Paul2
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2003, 01:07:30 PM »

If I were a member of the Episcopal denomination I see this as a definite sign it was time to leave the corrupt Church.

This Bishop can't read the whole Bible out loud to a congragation without declaring himself an abomination before the Lord. Not my idea of a good spiritual leader. Sounds like someone Satan might use but not the best for choice to lead God's flock.

There is no way I could remain there. They have lost all morality when they must deny biblical truth and chose to accept what the Bible says is evil as good or an acceptable alternative. This Church has Laodicea written all over it and will be vomited out of the body of Christ.

When the Church leadership loses sight of good and evil, and accepts evil and embraces it as though it were good, its time to leave that Church. Just because someone leaves a building or denomination behind doesn't effect their relationship with Jesus. Find a new body of believer's. Look what happens when men try to run Church like a business.

The Church's credibility is gone, its moral compass is broken.
God is not happy but Satan is delighted. God may use this to rescue people from a corrupt Church, and bring them back to the truth and Himself. They chose POORLY!

Paul2

Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2003, 09:04:04 AM »

Here is an excellent article on this very topic.

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=34083

Psalm 119
Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2003, 12:50:15 PM »

Don't you guys see that we need to do something?  This is intolerable (if that exists in the US).  Every Christian of every denomination should be formally making a stand against this.  Every convention needs to formally denounce the heathenism involved in this decision.  If not, we will be making the same mistake we made with abortion, prayer in schools, etc.  Let's wake up guys!

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
grebe

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2003, 10:00:33 AM »

I go to a Baptist church, so of course we don't have bishops - no problem there!

But for people like us who believe in the priesthood of all believers, do you think it would be wrong to have any gay members at all?
Mr. 5020

Proverbs 27:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2003, 01:36:39 PM »

I go to a Baptist church, so of course we don't have bishops - no problem there!

But for people like us who believe in the priesthood of all believers, do you think it would be wrong to have any gay members at all?

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. 5020
---------------
"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why so few engage in it." -Henry Ford
grebe

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2003, 02:21:49 PM »

So, Mr 5020, what about someone who thinks they may have a tendency to be gay? Not necessarily a hundred per cent open gay, but someone who is attracted, sometimes, to members of the same sex? If they were not in a relationship, or were in a heterosexual relationship, could they belong to a church?
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the