Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 11:57:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  super stressed out
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: super stressed out  (Read 1951 times)
technological

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2005, 01:22:01 PM »

I just really need to hear from the lord. It is like he is always being silent. i am really frusterated. I have posted here one time before about a genetic skin disorder that I have. I can't really just let anyone know. It effects everything that I do and it just hurts I have noone that I can go to to discuss it with because most the people I know wouldn't be mature enough to understand what it is and what I am going through. It just makes things hurt worse. I just don't want to be alone any more.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 02:08:25 PM »

Technological, first of all I want to welcome you to Christians Unite. You will find that there are many wonderful, sweet Christians here that are willing to pray for you and give you advice and support.
I am praying for you, I don't know what sort of skin disorder you have, but God is able. I will pray for you. Please don't b frustrated, instead praise the Lord, He will deliver you. Almost all of the members here at the forum have some sort of disability, we all comfort each other with prayers, and moral support. I'm sure everyone will do likewise for you. I have put you on my prayer list.
Please share with us a little more so we may be able to pray with and for you in a more directed way.
In Christ,
Maria.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 05:09:02 PM »

Hi technological,

I'm sorry you feel so down and lonely. Even when we don't know that God is there, He is. He promises us that He will never leave nor forsake us and God does not lie. As Sister Maria has said, there are some fine Christians here and many of us have disabilities.

I personally am disabled and so is my wife and my daughters so I gaurantee you that you are not alone. Tech, there are no perfect people in this world.

Please join us more often and please do not be afraid to talk with us.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 08:40:33 PM »

hello technological,

I'm sorry you feel so down and lonely. God is here, he promises us that He will never leave nor forsake us and God does not lie. There are some great Christians here and many of us have disabilities.

I am disabled, and in pain all the time so know, you are not alone in this world. Technological, there are no perfect people in this world. The only prefect person, was cruified, for our salvation.

You know you are welcome here, in fellowship, friendship, and brotherhood/sisterhood. For as Christians, we are all related, under the banner, of Jesus Christ.

Resting in the hands, of the Lord.
Bob

2 Corinthians 13:14 The grace (favor and spiritual blessing) of the Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the presence and fellowship (the communion and sharing together, and participation) in the Holy Spirit be with you all. Amen (so be it).

technological

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 07:13:28 PM »

I have KP very severly, when I mean very, I mean it is yucky....I have been to the derm twice and since it is genetic they can't really do anything except they think that layser hair removal might be beneficial in small ways because the keratin build up is worse because of my hair follicles. Kinda weird, I know...I also have asthma, allergies, cold sores, joint pain...the list goes on and doctors say that most people who have Keratosis pilarsis also have asthma and allergies. It is very confusing though. Especially since nothing REALLY helps it. I have tried everything and personally I think some people just say a certain product will help it just to make money. Anywho.....I just could really use your guys's prayers. Thankyou so much for your responses and support. I need it SO SO much!!! Thankyou! Smiley
technological

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2006, 07:14:47 PM »

Oh, I forgot to say that the laysor thing...I would really need help...my parents don't help me and I have no resources. I know nothing about that kinda stuff so I don't know what I would do to try it out. or if it would even help it any. Thanks again.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2006, 07:56:33 PM »

Hi tech. I can relate to what you are going through with KP. I don't have KP myself but I do have a problem with my skin that is caused by what is known as the Gulf War Illness. It causes severe rashes, peeling and blood blisters about the size of a dime among other physical problems.

I will pray for you, tech.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2006, 09:35:58 PM »

Tech I have never heard of KP. I will look on the internet and read a little about it and find out more. My husband has the same thing Pastor Roger has Gulf war syndrome. I have other things wrong with me that cause severe pain and can only be treated. I am praying for you if KP is a neurological disorder can a neurologist help you?

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2006, 10:33:57 PM »

Sister Maria. KP is a genetically inherited skin disorder. Keratin, a substance that we all have, buildups around the hair follicles and causes a lot of skin irrtation, bumps, rash appearance, etc.

There is no cure and the only treatment is basically the same as for mine but the treatment only helps a little. I know this because they diagnosed me as having that at first until they finally figured out that it was a part of the GWI.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2006, 07:01:31 AM »

Pastor Roger, KP sounds like it is very tormenting, it's to sad to see God's people suffer like this. I am so thankful to God that He has given me the strength to bear the things I suffer from. I have been weaned from a lot of the medications, because I just felt they wee entireley too many, at one point within the last 4 years they had me on 19 different medications, plus the IVIG, breathing treatments and more, that totaled to 49 pills a day and IVIG infusions every 3 weeks for 2 days in a row. Thank God I am a little better, even though as far as doctors say what I have is progressive and has no cure.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2006, 07:39:21 AM »

Sister Maria,

Kp is very tormenting but the worst of it is the way other people treat you over it. People can be so cruel. That is why I said I understand technologicals plight as I have experienced it myself. Personally I have grown accustomed to it and it no longer bothers me.

19 different medications!! Wow!! That is a lot. I thought I had to many at 12. I understand what you mean. I managed to cut mine back to just 5 and the one for pain I only take when I can absolutely not stand the pain any longer. I don't like the foggy brain it causes.

doctors say what I have is progressive and has no cure

Little do they know the truth.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2006, 08:05:08 AM »

My God has given me the grace needed to deal with the afflictions I  have been facing. I have cut down on taking all the medications that were prescribed and increased the amount of communication with my Father.  Cheesy
I only take  blood pressure med, synthroid, cholesterol med, coumadin, immunosupresants, baclofen (for severe muscular spasms), diazapam (pain), mestonin (for MG), and singulair (asthma). I no longer get the IVIG they were very expensive and I was having trouble with insurance companies not wanting to pay the cost was 22k every 3 weeks. Thank God for His love for me.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2006, 08:09:53 AM »

Thank God for His love for me.

Amen!

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2006, 11:25:31 AM »

Technological and Others,

Brothers and Sisters, I believe strongly in the power of prayer, and I am praying for all of you. Many of us are really in the same boat with illness or disability in varying degrees. We can and should all be praying for each other every day. Not receiving an answer or a cure does not mean that God didn't hear our prayers. Many of us do have conditions that doctors call incurable, but I know of many cases where the doctors were wrong. Many other cases were said to be progressive, yet the condition was stabilized. AND, many others were supposed to be fatal, but God had other plans.

I have several thoughts that are really simple, but they only relate to Christians:

1 - We know this life is short, and we await our real citizenship in Heaven where the problems, pain, and sorrow will be over.

2 - We do NOT fear things in the same way that the lost do, and that includes death. YES, we have some fear, but it's different, and it grows weaker as our strength in JESUS grows stronger. The facts are simple that we have better promises waiting for us, promises that this world can't provide.

3 - Why do Christians suffer illness? This is an interested and debatable question. I would first point out that all men die in these physical bodies, and even the strongest Christian is going to die. That's an obvious fact, and it's also an obvious fact that all Christians are going to suffer some sort of illness or disability, sooner or later. Well, we are really back to the reality that this is a short life, and our citizenship is in Heaven. The Holy Bible makes it exceptionally clear that the sufferings we have now are not worthy to compare with the glory and joy that will be for eternity with JESUS! I like to think of us as temporary workers here for JESUS with a visa about to expire.

4 - Do we become stronger in CHRIST through trials and illness?  The answer should be YES! The natural man is programed to depend on self and other men, and that IS NOT WHAT GOD WANTS! GOD wants us to depend on HIM. As Christians grow and mature, we do learn to depend more and more on GOD and less on men, and certainly less on ourselves.

5 - We don't have the answers, and we won't be given the answers in this short life. BUT, there are some powerful Promises from GOD in the Holy Bible that we should all pay close attention to. The biggest Promise involves the GRACE OF GOD that amounts to a never ending LOVE for us. HIS GRACE is sufficient for us, and we can pray for another measure of HIS GRACE during times of trial and illness.

6 - Much depends on us in only one category in this short life:  How much do we really love our Heavenly Father and Jesus, and how much attention do we pay to the Holy Spirit in our hearts? I think this really covers everything that Christians are told to do in the Holy Bible about making their joy more full in JESUS. It obviously includes some very important things, but I will mention only a few:

[*]a.  Are we yielded to HIS WILL?

[*]b.  Are we trying to please God with a living testimony before men?

[*]c.  Are we walking in the SPIRIT with prayer, Bible study, and personal fellowship with JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour?

[*]d.  Do we live for ourselves, or do we live for God?[/list][/b]

Brothers and Sisters, some issues are subject to debate and disagreement for Christians, but I really don't think that any of the above is anything but the facts for a Christian life. AND, we must end thoughts like this by always remembering this world is not our home, and we are just passing through. Our real and eternal life is yet to come, so we are really just temporary workers here for JESUS!

Love in Christ,
    Tom

John 4:36-38 NASB  "Already he who reaps is receiving wages and is gathering fruit for life eternal; so that he who sows and he who reaps may rejoice together. "For in this case the saying is true, 'One sows and another reaps.' "I sent you to reap that for which you have not labored; others have labored and you have entered into their labor."

Psalms 66:20 NASB  Blessed be God, Who has not turned away my prayer Nor His lovingkindness from me.

ZakDar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
    « Reply #14 on: January 02, 2006, 11:54:57 AM »

Hi Tech,

If you're interested in healing, this may help.

===================================

Proverbs 4:20-22 says, "My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings. Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in them in the midst of thine heart. For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh."

Psalm 107:20 says, "He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions."

Exodus 15:25,26: "And he cried unto the Lord; and the Lord shewed him a tree, which when he had cast into the waters, the waters were made sweet: there he made for them a statute and an ordinance, and there he proved them, And said. If thou wilt diligently hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, and wilt give ear to his commandments, and keep his statutes, I will put none of these diseases upon thee, which I have brought upon the Egyptians: for I am the Lord that healeth thee."

Exodus 23:25: "And ye shall serve the Lord your God, and he shall bless thy bread, and thy water; and I will take sickness away from the midst of thee."

Psalm 107:20: "He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions. "

Isa 55:10:  For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from heaven, and returneth not thither, but watereth the earth, and maketh it bring forth and bud, that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:

Isa 55:11:  So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.

Psalm 103:2.3: "Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases."

Proverbs 17:22: “A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones."

Isaiah 53:3-5: "He (Jesus) is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chas-tisement of our peace was upon him, and with his stripes we are healed.

Matthew 8:16.17: "When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick: That it might be fulfilled which was spo-ken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses."

Matthew 8:2,3: "And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will, be thou clean. And immedi-ately his leprosy was cleansed."

Act 10:38: How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.

Galatians 3:13: "Christ hath redeemed" us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is writ-ten, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree."

1 Peter 2:24: "Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed."

How do you appropriate these promises of God into your life?

Mar 11:22  And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

Mar 11:23  For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Mar 11:24  Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

Mar 11:25  And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

Stand on these verse. Read them over and over. Speak them over and over. Believe them!

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
    The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
    The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
    Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
    « previous next »
    Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
    Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the