Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:56:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Testimonies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Testimonies
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Testimonies  (Read 2505 times)
popselvig

View Profile
« on: December 26, 2005, 08:55:34 AM »

I was like most people I went to Church as a child, however when I was around 14 I stopped going. I was out of Church for over 40 years but then one Saturday a friend of mine I ran into was dressed up and I asked him where he was going and he said to revival.  The Lord must have been dealing with me at the time because the next thing I knew I asked him if I could go with him.  That is a night that changed my life.  No I didn't get saved that first night, however with all the testimones, songs, and preaching, I knew that there was something lacking in my life and I knew then I wanted whatever these other people had.  I kept going back and just being in Church I knew there was that something that I needed in my life as we had just moved here from Chicago and my wife of course had been saved since 1980.  To make a long story short I went to the altar on February 26, 2001 and I found what I was missing in my life and that was Jesus Christ.  I have never felt anything like what I felt that night.  I knew I was born-again when I got up from the altar.  My life has not been the same since.  During the 40 years I was out of Church I now know the Lord was looking after me.  In 1996 I was involved in a car wreck and went into cardiac arrest 3 times.  In 1999 I went into cardiac arrest and had to have quadruple bypass surgery.  I know it wasn't any of my prayers that got me through but my wife and her prayers and all of the other christians who were praying for me carried me through.  I was called to preach in 2002 and I found out when you are obedient to the Lord that he just keeps pouring his blessings on you.  The lord has done so many things in my life I couldn't begin to list all of them in this forum.  I know that Jesus Christ is the only way to God, the Father and that without Him you are lost.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the