Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:06:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286807 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Are Christmas trees pagan?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Are Christmas trees pagan?  (Read 3259 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2006, 09:36:49 AM »

Hello Pilgriim,

You follow your convictions and I will follow mine. I'm not undecided on anything in this issue - just the opposite. Let's make every day CHRISTMAS! I will celebrate the birth of JESUS CHRIST every day with no shame or remorse of any kind. In fact, every day is a MERRY DAY in JESUS!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 3:21-22 NASB  But now apart from the Law the righteousness of God has been manifested, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2006, 10:33:29 AM »

Do you believe our Lord was making sinful divisions when He refuse to go along with the added traditions of the Pharisees? If not, then why do you accuse me of causing sinful divisions because I refuse to go along with those who add the traditions of christmass to the Word of God?

Why do you think that Jesus rebuked the Pharisees? It was because they held that day as a law, not just as something respectful to do. They required those things for the wrong reasons.

If Christmas were to be considered a law, a requirement that one must do to be righteous, then you would have a point here.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Chaplain Bob

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2006, 11:40:35 PM »

The one thing the debating factions in this issue apparently fail to realize is that Christmas is not a biblically mandated holiday (and neither is Easter for that matter) so we are free to celebrate it (them) any way we choose or not celebrate it (them) at all.  The holiday means different things to different people.  For those of us who are followers of the Lord Jesus it's the celebration of His birth.  To others it's a warm family time.  Rather than criticizing the way others celebrate the season Christians should take the time to share what we celebrate and why.

In His Service,
Bob Allen
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2006, 03:26:03 AM »

Hello Chaplain Bob,

I agree with you and say AMEN! For whatever reason, this has become an annual event on the forum. I did as you suggested in previous years and told everyone how my family and I celebrate Christmas. It really boiled down to beautiful times together with the LORD, times that I have ZERO regrets and ZERO shame. I lost patience with this subject this year, especially considering that the ACLU and other groups are trying to erase Christmas completely. I, for one, will stand against them, and it certainly won't have anything to do with some alledged pagan connection. It will pertain solely to a celebration of JESUS! I will have a daily celebration of JESUS regardless of what the ACLU or the world wants. I will also give thanks every day for JESUS.

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

The above is what Christmas means to my family, me, and my church. I'm sure that it means different things to different people. However, for most Christians, it's simply a special time to set aside for the LORD for worship, praise, thanks, singing, and JOY in the LORD. I'm absolutely positive that the LORD approves, so I totally REJECT any criticism and refuse to accept any judgment or condemnation for how my family and I celebrate Christmas. For those Christians who disagree, I bluntly say "follow your own convictions and I will follow mine." This is not an issue that should be allowed to divide Brothers and Sisters in Christ. Just the opposite - I feel this is an issue that should unite Brothers and Sisters in Christ.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 5:1-2 NASB  Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God.

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the