Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:32:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Persecuted for Righteousness Sake
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Persecuted for Righteousness Sake  (Read 3923 times)
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« on: November 20, 2005, 07:46:09 PM »

Hello All,

I need your prayers .... you see, I am married to a nonbeliever.  Not only that, he listens to demonic music, wears clothing depicting satanism and uses language one might hear in the gutter.  (How I married him is a long long story)  Anyway, he has begun to criticize my faith.  Anytime he catches me reading christian literature or listening to christian music, he begins a tirade of "f***ing christians" and how we're all liars, cheats and thieves.  I'm disabled and have to rely on him to drive me to church on sundays - all the way there his demonic music is blasting from the stereo, when we pull into the church parking lot everyone there can here those horrible lyrics emitting from the truck.  Furthermore, he wears a t-shirt with "666" emblazoned on the back.  He used to be a Johova's Witness and now he's atheist.  I don't know what to do.  I try to be a graceful wife and live a humble existence ... I hope my example will influence him, but so far it enrages him..... Please pray for me. I don't know how to handle the situation - I can't out yell, or out cuss him.  I can't even run away because I'm in a wheelchair.

With that being said, in general he's very good to me.  Only when it comes to my faith does his ugliness show.

Blessings-

Frederic Dalton

favorite translations: Message, NIV

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 05:42:32 AM »

Oh dear, sorry to hear how hard things are for you. Is there a codependents support group near you? Or marriage counselling? Does anyone from the church know about this yet? I hope he hasn't started drinking excessively or taking drugs yet, but judging by his behaviour I'd consider it a definite risk.

It's hard to know what to do during this difficult time. Should you give him time to come back to faith, or should you leave him? I don't know. But either way, it's going to be difficult without support from your friends in the church.

So I pray that God gives you strength during these difficult times. I pray also that God gives you guidance. I pray that the power of the Holy Spirit is able to work through your church community to give you and your husband the support that you need, both as a couple and as individuals.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 05:50:26 AM by Frederic Dalton » Logged
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2005, 12:42:39 PM »

Hello!  It's nice to meet you and thanks so much for your heartfelt reply.  At one time (before I was married to hiim) my husband was a practicing Johovah's Witness - I don't know what caused him to turn his back on God altogether, all I know is that I'm being tested.  He has never raised his hand to me, but he yells and cusses a lot.  His everyday language is abominable - I cringe at most of the stuff he says.

The church knows and encourages me to stay in the marriage saying that the only reason I can divorce him is if he hits me, or if I'm afraid of him, which I'm not.  Disappointment is not grounds for divorce.  In the meantime, I'm held up in prayers and I'm growing stronger in the Lord by leaps and bounds.  Something about my husband's character, strengthens my own. . . . God's mysterious ways!

Blessings -

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 10:43:53 PM »

TalkerCat, yes I will pray for you. I will also pray for him, as well. That God opens his eyes, so he can see your path, is the only path to God.

Resting in the hands, of the Lord.
Bob

Jeremiah 17:8 For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters that spreads out its roots by the river; and it shall not see and fear when heat comes; but its leaf shall be green. It shall not be anxious and full of care in the year of drought, nor shall it cease yielding fruit.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 10:45:39 PM by DreamWeaver » Logged

TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2005, 07:24:50 AM »

Thank you Bob, very much.  He (my husband, Bill) needs prayer.  I will continue to be a passive, subservient wife and pray that my grace influences him..... but at the end, I'm the one that will stand before God - alone and accountable only for myself.  I cannot save Bill, I can only love him.

Blessings -

asaph

Call on Jesus!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2005, 02:06:04 AM »

It sounds like your husband has been burned by religion. Whatever the case may be I am praying for him. You do well to stay with him. If he is willing to stay with you and is not abusing you, by all means stay with him. Do not stress over his foul language but let it be filtered out by your love for him. Love conquers all!

asaph

2Co 10:3  For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
2Co 10:4  (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds;)
2Co 10:5  Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 01:48:38 PM »

Asaph, you've probably hit the nail on the head.  Something burned him on religion . . . but what could have possibly burned him on FAITH?  It is when I am resting on the Lord that my husband becomes the most vile!  I can't even come close to repeating the language he uses - one might expect to hear it in the lowest gutters of the biggest dives in the most corrupt cities. . . When my husband is cursing the Lord, he truly sounds like he's demon possessed.   Cry Shocked

All this haven been said, I have to also tell you that Bill is very good to me.  I have everything I need.  He never tells me "no".  He's a lot older than I, and treats me like a precious jewel.  He's soft spoken and yet, very protective.  I'm disabled and he stays at my side everywhere we go so that my wheelchair won't be bumped by someone.  He does anything I can't do on my own i.e. vaccuuming, lifting heavy objects or reaching onto a high shelf.  I've been asked before why I stay in the marriage  Huh and my reasons are plenty.  

Just because he's a nonbeliever right now does not mean he won't be saved.  I'm holding on to God - He's in control and will deal with Bill someday, and who knows?  He may already be!  

I appreciate sooooo very much the support I get from other christians.  It can be very difficult for me at times dealing with Bill's distain for God.  I pray to Father God to let my faith, my humble attitude and gracious living be an influence to Bill. . . now it's up to the will of God.  I know to whom I belong and I won't be wearing Bill's tennis shoes on judgement day.

Blessings -

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2005, 03:13:24 PM »

Something burned him on religion . . . but what could have possibly burned him on FAITH?

Hi Terri, I think that your answer to this lies in the verses below.

Mat 13:3  And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;
Mat 13:4  And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:
Mat 13:5  Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:
Mat 13:6  And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.
Mat 13:7  And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:
Mat 13:8  But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2005, 03:48:45 PM »

Yes, PR, I believe you're right - particularly 13:7. . . .

Blessings -

Friarbob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2005, 09:00:57 PM »

Talkercat, I will be praying For you and also for your husban to come to faith in Jesus as his savior.

Bob Fryar AKA Friarbob
For me to live is Christ, to die is gain.(Philippiams 1:21NIV)
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005, 01:21:10 PM »

Thank You Friarbob! and welcome to CU Forums.  I appreciate the prayers of all my new christian friends here.  

We are all created by God, but we're not all childrenof God and maybe my husband won't be chosen.  I may never know, but in the meantime I love him with the love of Jesus and I'm exercising grace and humility in my home to hopefully influence my husband's way of thinking.  Only God can soften his heart

Blessings -

asaph

Call on Jesus!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2005, 05:22:38 PM »

Asaph, you've probably hit the nail on the head.  Something burned him on religion . . . but what could have possibly burned him on FAITH?  It is when I am resting on the Lord that my husband becomes the most vile!  I can't even come close to repeating the language he uses - one might expect to hear it in the lowest gutters of the biggest dives in the most corrupt cities. . . When my husband is cursing the Lord, he truly sounds like he's demon possessed.   Cry Shocked

All this haven been said, I have to also tell you that Bill is very good to me.  I have everything I need.  He never tells me "no".  He's a lot older than I, and treats me like a precious jewel.  He's soft spoken and yet, very protective.  I'm disabled and he stays at my side everywhere we go so that my wheelchair won't be bumped by someone.  He does anything I can't do on my own i.e. vaccuuming, lifting heavy objects or reaching onto a high shelf.  I've been asked before why I stay in the marriage  Huh and my reasons are plenty.  

Just because he's a nonbeliever right now does not mean he won't be saved.  I'm holding on to God - He's in control and will deal with Bill someday, and who knows?  He may already be!  

I appreciate sooooo very much the support I get from other christians.  It can be very difficult for me at times dealing with Bill's distain for God.  I pray to Father God to let my faith, my humble attitude and gracious living be an influence to Bill. . . now it's up to the will of God.  I know to whom I belong and I won't be wearing Bill's tennis shoes on judgement day.

Blessings -
It's a mystery to me why people reject true faith. Maybe your husband has not discerned the difference between true faith and religion and so he lumps them together. Pray that God will give him discernment to know the difference. He can be won over without words when he observes your gentle and quiet spirit and your purity. We know that the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the believing wife.

1Pe 3:1  Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;
1Pe 3:2  While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.
1Pe 3:3  Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
1Pe 3:4  But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

Co 7:14  For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

In His time He makes all things beautiful!

asaph

TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2005, 06:42:22 PM »

I won't be giving up on Bill any time soon.  None of us is perfect and I love him, he's my husband.  Everytime he starts with the vile language or biggoted attitude, I just pray.  I pray for God to transform his mind and soften his heart. . .

Thank you all for your support.  Please keep Bill in your prayers.

Blessings and Love -

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2005, 01:47:51 PM »

I won't be giving up on Bill any time soon.  None of us is perfect and I love him, he's my husband.  Everytime he starts with the vile language or biggoted attitude, I just pray.  I pray for God to transform his mind and soften his heart. . .
AMEN!

Thank you all for your support.  Please keep Bill in your prayers.

Blessings and Love -
I am still praying for your husband, Bill.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2005, 02:02:56 PM »

Hello DW it's how are you feeling. I hope you are doing better.
Tell me where do you find all your jokes, I think some of them are hilarious.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the