Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 10:26:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Where Are The Christian Women?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Where Are The Christian Women?  (Read 6433 times)
Praise1

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2005, 11:52:35 PM »

The Purpose Driven Life,is very good.I read it last year,but I always go back to it.I also have the journal.My church,the Women Ministry,we have a book club and that was one of the books.We read the books for two months,have our meeting and discuss the book,and pick another one.I know you will enjoy the book. Smiley

I can do all things through Christ who strengths me.
Philippians 4:13-No Prayer No Power,No Power No Prayer.
Praise1

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2005, 12:03:29 AM »

I have six grown children,thirthteen grands,and three great grands.Look what a only child,started (lol).And been divoice years ago.
God Bless--Florence Smiley

TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2005, 12:11:35 AM »

Hello Florence!  We meet again! Smiley  I "inherited"  10 grandchildren when I married my husband!  I never had children of my own (by choice) so it was quite overwhelming for me at first, but as the years have gone by I've grown closer to them . . . especially the little bitty ones!

Glad to see you're posting!  Blessings -

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2005, 09:08:43 AM »

Count me in Sisters, my name is Maria, I have 4 children of my own the youngest is 24, and for the last 7 almost 8 years I have been raising my husband's 2 daughters, now 13 & 14. I just turned 57 last week. I was diagnosed with numerous neuromuscular autoimmune diseases, some are very rare. 5 years ago I was in a wheelchair for almost 2 years, but praise God, I can walk again. I am currently what the doctors call disabled, so I don't work, at least not outside the home. Cheesy
I have 13 grandchlidren and another about to be born on the 10th of January, he will be delivered by c-section as my daughter is very high risk. Oh by the way God blessed me with 3 daughters, 1 son and 2 stepdaughters, so I have to count on Him every moment of my life in regards to all these girls. 8 of my grandchildren are girls from ages 16 all the way to 2, and the boys (6) from 17 to the one that will be born very soon. My daughters don't live near me one lives in Colorado, and the other 2 live 2 hours away. I raised all 4 of my own children by myself from the time the oldest was 11. They all received the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior, and only one of them is now a member of a church the (a girl) the other 2 girls deeply believe in ther Christian faith and in their commitment to God but don't go to church anymore, they too are raising their children as Christians and have made sure that they all know Jesus. My son though has turned his back on the Lord this makes me very sad. Please pray for him, and pray that my other 2 daughters will start attending church soon, they need to hear the Word. Faith comes by hearing.
I too have the journal  "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren. I love it. My husband was an unbeliever untill about 3 years ago, and it was so bad, that one day he even gave me an ultimatum, he told me there was 'Too much God' in his house and that either God had to go or he would go, I just simply stared at him while I silently prayed, then after about what seemed like and eternity, I heard myself tell my husband that I loved him but he would never be able to get God out of my heart, or me out of His, therefore I chose God. My husband promptly moved out with his 2 daughters and 3 weeks later he was back, giving me rides to church, until one Sunday I got up to get ready for church and found my husband sitting in the living room all dressed and ready to go to church with me, he wanted to find out what it was God has for me.  Praise God, he found out.... we've had a few bumps in the road, but God always answers my prayers for my husband and my marriage. My husband is now an active member of our church, and he goes to Laymen's Bible School with me. It's not to say that I should stop praying, I constantly pray for my husband, and for our marriage.
Your sister in Christ,
Maria.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2005, 09:41:26 AM »

Greetings Sister Maria!  It's nice to have you in the Womens Forum  Cheesy It's important that we keep this board active and warm for our sisters to feel welcome and HEARD!

I am 18 days into the Purpose Driven Life and I've learned how very important fellowship is.  The Lord wants us to be together as christians - in fact, he commands it!  So on that note, I will pray that your kids start attending a regular home church with their kids but mostly I'll pray for your son that is lost. . . I believe in the power of prayer and I have confidence that your lost little lamb will find his way to Jesus.  If you're at all interested in my journal of the Forty Days of Purpose journey; please read my blog here at the CU Community Blogs.

Praise the Lord that your husband found Jesus.  As you know, my husband is a non believer and it's a very big issue in our marriage.  I applaude you for not giving in to your husband's ultimatum because I would do the same thing.  I love my husband, but I love GOD more!  Wink

So glad to see this forum becoming more active!  I check it every day looking for new faces and hoping to really get it off the ground.  We need each other as women and should have a place to go where everyone there can sympathize, support and pray for us.  

God Willing . . .

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2005, 10:42:27 AM »

Thank you for your prayers. God loves it when we pray, satan trembles when he sees a saint on his knees. When we pray we are blessed two ways, God blesses us and the person we are praying for, He is so Wonderful.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Praise1

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2005, 09:44:41 PM »

Good evening sisters,I hope everyone was blessed in the day the Lord gave us.I am going to Erie,Pa for Christmas,it is about six hundred miles from Philly.I am leaving Friday morning,I will get there around eight that night.My oldest daughter and her husband and five Children live there.I also have a son and another daughter and her family live there. My oldest son,and his family live in Buffalo,N.Y,which is about one hundred miles from Erie.I have two daughters and two granddaughters,and two grandsons that live here.All of us is going to Erie,for Christmas.I know it will be a happy event,all of us together on Christmas.
God Bless--Florence
Yes TalkerCat we do meet again(lol)
 Smiley

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2005, 06:59:12 AM »

Florence I will prsy for your safe trip there and back.  Cheesy
Have a wonderful ime with your family and
Merry Christmas!!  Smiley Smiley

TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2005, 11:18:40 AM »

Merry Christmas!

I pray, Sister Florence that your trip to Erie is safe and that you enjoy the love of your family!
I will be with my family here at home. . . Sister Maria, God bless you sweetheart!  I know you will be mightely blessed this year. . . . Battle Maiden, Your user name says it all life IS a battle and you've survived the war! To all my christian sisters: Remember to take care of yourself! We can't be strong for others if we're not healthy and alert!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL - JESUS CHRIST IS THE LIGHT!!!  

Blessings -
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 11:19:55 AM by TalkerCat » Logged

TEXASGRANDMA

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2005, 11:45:19 AM »

Hello Ladies,

I am 53 and the mother of two children, 29 and 33.  I have two grand children 15 and 10.  I am from Texas but live in Washington State.  I like to crochet, play computer games, and read murder mysteries.  My fav author is M.C. Beaton, whom I met in person when she came over from England to sign books in Houston, Texas.
betty

hugs and prayers,
Betty
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2005, 03:54:41 PM »

Cheesy Hello TexasGrandma!  Merry Christmas !

I used to read Stephen King - in fact I just gave away over 30 books.  I quit reading horror books; and watching horror movies when I became a christian.  I just don't want those images in my mind anymore.  I feel that works like that are demonic and I only want good thoughts of Jesus in my mind and heart.  I do, HOWEVER like to watch shows like "Cops" or "Cold Case Files" . . . I'm intrigued by criminal science.

I'm thrilled that our "womens only"  forum is getting more posts!  Let's all check it regularly and keep it flowing . . . I can feel the Spirit moving here!

Blessings -

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2006, 10:54:58 AM »

The Purpose Driven Life book changed my life.  I was reading it when my husband returned from a short term mission trip overseas 4 years ago, and returned saying he wanted to MOVE there.  Well, the end of the book talks about the big picture and our real purpose.  Evangelism to the lost should be our real purpose.  Well, we've now been overseas for over a year and God is at work here!
Wow!  Cheesy

I notice that there have been several posts concerning the Purpose Driven Life. I have two extra copies of the book, and if anyone does not have it and would like to read it, I would be happy to mail them a copy.

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2006, 11:26:36 AM »

Cheesy Hello TexasGrandma!  Merry Christmas !

I used to read Stephen King - in fact I just gave away over 30 books.  I quit reading horror books; and watching horror movies when I became a christian.  I just don't want those images in my mind anymore.  I feel that works like that are demonic and I only want good thoughts of Jesus in my mind and heart.  I do, HOWEVER like to watch shows like "Cops" or "Cold Case Files" . . . I'm intrigued by criminal science.

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2006, 03:33:57 PM »

Hi willow those are my favorites too, I also like law and order and the new detectives

Butterflies

Jesus is Lord of all!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2006, 06:51:48 PM »

airIam, I just read your post from Dec.20 on how your husband came to know the Lord.  What an awesome inspiration for anyone in the same boat.  I have heard of women praying for years for their unsaved husbands and finally them coming to the Lord.

I was a Christmas when I was dating, and I prayed for someone stronger in the faith that I so that he could be the spiritual leader of my home.  I married a pastor and now we are serving together as overseas missionaries.  The Lord is good!

Take care --                

...all things were created by Him and for Him...Col. 1:16
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the