Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:25:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286800 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Please help me out
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Please help me out  (Read 4765 times)
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2003, 11:00:10 AM »

for example...my mom has been wanting to go to her high school renunions for years now..and she can't go unless my dad goes with her..but he won't so she doesn't get to go and she said if she did it would cause problems between them because he believes she will hook up with one of her old boyfriends

Don't mind me - but could it be possible that your dad is trying to keep their marriage healthy?  Huh If he believes there is a danger of your mom connecting with an old boyfriend, perhaps he's just trying to protect her! Like I said, don't mind me, lol!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
IrishAngel
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2003, 07:32:36 PM »

Men have mothers, wives, sisters, daughters, nieces, etc. They have a perspective that can offer much insight. I think that's a good thing!  Wink

eh-men!  Cheesy
Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2003, 04:13:08 AM »

Irish Angel,
    Good to see you, hope things are well with you, and Tiger.

Willowbirch,
    It could be, but if so it wouldn't be that good if a man couldn't trust his wife.

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
IrishAngel
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2003, 10:34:35 AM »

Hey forrest  Cheesy

I been flyin  thru the  crazy hazy days of summer...

tiger ...away on safari...

thought maybe later i`d  wander oer to the men`s sandbox and see what ya`ll been up too without  me around  kickin up dust  Wink

Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2003, 01:40:34 AM »

Irish Angel;
       Your welcome any time, also any of the women.

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
Willowbirch
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2003, 03:44:49 PM »

Willowbirch,
    It could be, but if so it wouldn't be that good if a man couldn't trust his wife.
Tongue Yeah, I know. But sometimes we all need a little "protecting" from others. If he knows it could lead to trouble if he "trusts" his wife in something, then shouldn't he try to intervene? Too bad Adam "trusted" Eve... Wink
By the way! I'm just basing this argument on an idea! Maybe snowyangel's dilema is different. (Where'd she go, anywhoo?) Lips Sealed

Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2003, 02:38:47 AM »

Willowbirch;
   Sorry that I havn't replied sooner, was Working.
   True there are times women need protection, but men are more often the ones needing protection at such times.

SnowyAngel she seems to be a 1 time visiter

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
Speedspike

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2003, 07:24:59 PM »

Hello I'm SpeedSpike Grin

I'm a male

I'm happy

I'm a christian

bye...
Willowbirch
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2003, 08:17:46 AM »

Hello I'm SpeedSpike Grin

I'm a male

I'm happy

I'm a christian

bye...
Short but effective...

moira3

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2003, 04:01:00 PM »

I am very new here, and a relatively new Christian, so please don't beat me up for my ignorance:) I had not been a Christian when I married my husband. I ahve a 4 year old daughter who I take to church and teach about God. My husband and I have disagreements about the raising of our daughter, although he would never want any harm to come to her. Unfortunately, he swears around her constantly, sometimes at her. He has said in front of her that there is no God, even though he was raised Catholic (as was I). It becomes difficult for me to teach her all these good things when she hears so much negativity. I can't change the past, so I need to focus on how to raise her the best way I can.  Any advice???

" Boast not thyself of tomorrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth."   Proverbs 27:1
suzie

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2003, 08:46:59 PM »

Get involved in a Christian small group that can give you the support you need. You need to surround yourself with others who will pray with you and for you and your family. It will also help you to be patient and loving toward your husband and lead him toward Christ.

If he is being abusive verbally or physically then you may need professional counseling. I was saved before my husband, and he was angry toward me at times about the faith. He now tells the story that he couldnt stand the peace and joy I had in Christ. He is now a Christian as well (we were both raised Catholic).
Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2003, 10:04:16 PM »

1 Peter 3:1-2

In the same way, you wives, be submissive to your own husbands so that even if any of them are disobedient to the word, they may be won without a word by the behavior of their wives,
as they observe your chaste and respectful behavior.

Now, you see that this is talking about unsaved husbands. It clearly tells wives to "be submissive" and to "respect" them. Early 57, even without the clear language in this verse, do you think it would be ok for a godly woman to be in outright rebellion against her husband? "No, I won't do what you tell me, I won't! My will! Mine! Mine!"  Grin  That wouldn't be the Christian way to act.

Amen Liz!  I find it sad when a married couple can't work together, and enjoy life together.  That's what marriage is all about!  
moira3

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2003, 02:39:19 PM »

It's difficult...My husband could be angry with me because I was one person when he married me, and now I expect him to change as I did...maybe that's not fair....but I do believe that if he were a Christian we would be a lot happier...it's always more peaceful in a home where the parents are in sync...my opinions...

" Boast not thyself of tomorrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth."   Proverbs 27:1
suzie

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2003, 11:56:17 AM »

Moira-

Dont expect him to change. Love him where he is at.

Verses such as the one quoted from 1Peter were written to the culture of that particular time. Women were subordinate to men in literally every aspect of their lives. Even though now women were free in Christ in every way, by rebelling against what was expected of them was not in line with what God wanted. Our main goal as a Christian is to win others over to Him and to live our lives as examples of love. It doesnt mean "going along" or "giving in" but it does mean seeing your husband saved or not through the eyes of Christ and treating him with the love and compassion that Christ has for us.
You will and cannot change him, but God certainly can. The more you grow in Christ the more he will hopefully desire to want the kind of joy and peace you have found in Him.
moira3

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2003, 01:46:37 AM »

I appreciate all of the insight from you women...yesterday my husband, daughter and I were coming home from Waikiki...tough life, huh?? (We're not rich and famous...just military:)) Anyway, I asked my husband if he believed that when he dies he will go to Heaven, and he got kind of angry about the question. He said that when he dies that's it. There is nothing else and talking about it is for "fools". Now, he is an adult, fine and good, but my daughter is only 4, and I am getting very concerned that she will become like mided with him if she continues to see him not going to church, not talking about God, not caring about salvation, etc..., Any opinions on this???

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the