Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 01:39:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Parenting (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Teens Pay Price for 'Free Sex'
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Teens Pay Price for 'Free Sex'  (Read 6916 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2005, 09:11:45 AM »

Teens Pay Price for 'Free Sex'

by AFA Journal
October 6, 2005

(AgapePress) - Free sex. That's what the sexual revolution promised adults in the 1960s. Over the last 40 years, even teenagers have been promised the same. But nothing is free, as the old saying goes, especially sex -- and teens are having to learn that the hard way.

The free sex ideology certainly infects Hollywood, which continues to promote to teens a sex-is-great message.

"I'm not against teenagers exploring their sexuality," said 17-year-old actress Evan Rachel Wood, whose character in the recent film Pretty Persuasion is "a sexually manipulative Beverly Hills teen," according to a Plugged In review. "They should be able to find how to use it in the right way and be responsible about it .... [Ignoring sex and covering it up] just sends wrong messages and makes kids more crazy about it. If the media and adults would just deal with it, kids would realize it could be a beautiful thing."

But the repercussions for teens who follow such advice can be staggering, especially when it comes to sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). According to the Medical Institute for Sexual Health (MISH), approximately 50 percent of sexually-active teens are already infected with Humanpapilloma Virus (HPV) -- an STD that is the cause of 99 percent of cervical cancer.

"This cancer is causing about as many deaths among women as AIDS," said a recent MISH press release.

Moreover, the group said, approximately 10 percent of sexually active adolescents are infected with chlamydia, a major cause of infertility, while approximately 20 percent are infected with genital herpes, "a life-long and disabling problem."

In addressing the sex education approach most favored by the medical and mental health community -- using condoms -- MISH raised the alarm. "For the infections that are most common to adolescents (such as chlamydia, gonorrhea, herpes) condoms, even when used 100 percent of the time, only reduce the risk of infection by approximately 50 percent," the group said. "For HPV, which is the most common [STD] for adolescents, condoms provide no risk reduction for infection."
This article, reprinted with permission, appeared in the October 2005 issue of AFA Journal, a monthly publication of the American Family Association.

http://news.christiansunite.com/Religion_News/religion03427.shtml

Additional information on ChristiansUnite.com is available on the Internet at http://www.christiansunite.com/
Copyright © 2003 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.

(My Note:  This article doesn't go far enough in stressing the absolute truth. There is always a horrible price for sin, and the only real answers are in the Holy Bible. Sex is for a man and a woman within the bonds of Holy Matrimony and nothing else. There is always an absolute truth for the morals taught in the Holy Bible, and they will never become out-of-date or obsolete. If we love our children, we should teach them God's Way!)

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2005, 09:34:13 AM »

And to think the ACLU and Planned Parenthood wants to abolish the "dangerous" teaching of abstinence till marriage.  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2005, 10:24:34 AM »

And to think the ACLU and Planned Parenthood wants to abolish the "dangerous" teaching of abstinence till marriage.  ::) ::) ::) ::)

Pastor Roger,

To put my opinion in a mild manner, these organizations and many like them are trying to shove evil into the heads of our children. We already know that they want to banish the things of God, destroy morals, and encourage the establishment of a Godless society. I will bluntly tell all Christians that we must not allow that to happen. We must stand and BOLDLY proclaim the things of GOD until JESUS comes to take us home. May GOD give us the strength and courage to fight a good fight, run a good race, and finish our course!

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 10:27-28 NASB  "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.

2 Corinthians 5:7-9 NASB  for we walk by faith, not by sight--we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord. Therefore we also have as our ambition, whether at home or absent, to be pleasing to Him.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the