Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:22:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286802 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Books (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Something Called ... B-O-O-K
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Something Called ... B-O-O-K  (Read 2726 times)
IrishAngel
« on: April 14, 2003, 06:12:30 PM »

Announcing the new Built-in Orderly Organized Knowledge device (BOOK).

It's a revolutionary breakthrough in technology: no wires, no electric circuits, no batteries, nothing to be connected or switched on. It's so easy to use even a child can operate it. Just lift its cover. Compact and portable, it can be used anywhere-even sitting in an armchair by the fire-yet it is powerful enough to hold as much information as a CD-ROM disk.

Here's how it works: Each BOOK is constructed of sequentially numbered sheets of paper (recyclable), each capable of holding thousands of bits of information. These pages are locked together with a custom-fit device called a binder which keeps the sheets in their correct sequence. By using both sides of each sheet, manufacturers are able to cut costs in half. Each sheet is scanned optically, registering information directly into your brain. A flick of the finger takes you to the next sheet.

The BOOK may be taken up at any time and used by merely opening it. The "browse" feature allows you to move instantly to any sheet, and move forward or backward as you wish. Most come with an "index" feature, which pinpoints the exact location of any elected information for instant retrieval.

An optional "BOOKmark" accessory allows you to open the BOOK to the exact place you left it in a previous session-even if the BOOK has been closed. BOOKmarks fit universal design standards; thus a single BOOKmark can be used in BOOKs by various manufacturers.

Portable, durable and affordable, the BOOK is the entertainment wave of the future, and many new titles are expected soon, due to the surge in popularity of its programming tool, the Portable Erasable-Nib Cryptic Intercommunication Language Stylus...(PENCILS).

"Dang, what'll they think of next?"    Roll Eyes  

Author Unknown

kestrel

Remember them that are in bonds... Heb. 13:3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2003, 10:33:24 AM »

LOL... Roll Eyes

Grin

Return to the LORD your God, for He is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and abounding in love.

~Joel 2:13 NIV
Angie

Normal people scare me!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2003, 11:23:03 AM »

Hehe that was good.

"I like peanut butter!" ~Me
Forrest
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2003, 05:21:00 PM »

ROFLOL

Your Brother In Christ
          Forrest              
ROM 12:5 So we, [being] many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.
IrishAngel
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2003, 06:37:03 PM »

seriously I havent picked up a book other than the bible since  learning to surf...that from someone who was "well read" lol....tis a shame really...feel like i`m completely out of the loop when books are discussed. Roll Eyes

I do own, and have read most of the Max Lucado books, "A Distant Thunder, In the Grip of Grace, When God Whispers your Name, etc...he is one of my favorite authors and I`d highly recommend any of his book for good reading!
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2003, 11:04:44 PM »

That certainly says, it Irish.  The 'puter really takes us from other interests...
IrishAngel
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2003, 07:42:09 AM »

u say that like its a bad thing lol  Undecided
Broken

xLOSERx

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2003, 11:52:34 AM »

Thats great Cheesy

And God will say:
Depart from me I never knew you!
I never knew you!
Never.

Man disavows, and Deity disowns me:
Hell might afford my miseries a shelter;
Therefore Hell keeps her ever-hungry mouths all
Bolted against me.
-Cowper
ollie
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2003, 07:16:31 PM »

It's a revolutionary breakthrough in technology: no wires, no electric circuits, no batteries, nothing to be connected or switched on. It's so easy to use even a child can operate it. Just lift its cover. Compact and portable, it can be used anywhere-even sitting in an armchair by the fire-yet it is powerful enough to hold as much information as a CD-ROM disk.

Here's how it works: Each BOOK is constructed of sequentially numbered sheets of paper (recyclable), each capable of holding thousands of bits of information. These pages are locked together with a custom-fit device called a binder which keeps the sheets in their correct sequence. By using both sides of each sheet, manufacturers are able to cut costs in half. Each sheet is scanned optically, registering information directly into your brain. A flick of the finger takes you to the next sheet.

The BOOK may be taken up at any time and used by merely opening it. The "browse" feature allows you to move instantly to any sheet, and move forward or backward as you wish. Most come with an "index" feature, which pinpoints the exact location of any elected information for instant retrieval.

An optional "BOOKmark" accessory allows you to open the BOOK to the exact place you left it in a previous session-even if the BOOK has been closed. BOOKmarks fit universal design standards; thus a single BOOKmark can be used in BOOKs by various manufacturers.

Portable, durable and affordable, the BOOK is the entertainment wave of the future, and many new titles are expected soon, due to the surge in popularity of its programming tool, the Portable Erasable-Nib Cryptic Intercommunication Language Stylus...(PENCILS).

Author Unknown

And it makes no sound and is only limited by ones RAM and ROM.
Royo

I love Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2003, 02:06:34 AM »

You got me.
When I read the part about 'directly into the brain', I scrolled back up to see who would suggest such a thing. Then I scrolled back down and saw it was a joke.
Thank you. It has been awhile since someone "got me".
Your loving brother. Roy.

sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2004, 05:05:12 AM »

Author Unknown

Built-in Orderly Organized Knowledge device (BOOK)
Portable Erasable-Nib Cryptic Intercommunication Language Stylus...(PENCILS)
LOL!

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2004, 05:15:41 AM »

Show me a book with more text than I can fit on a CD-ROM (about 200 bibles worth).

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
sincereheart
Gold Member

"and with His stripes we are healed." Isaiah 53:5

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2004, 05:19:42 AM »

Show me a book with more text than I can fit on a CD-ROM (about 200 bibles worth).

Touche`! LOL!

But there's still something satisfying in the smell and feel of an old-fashioned book!

ebia
Gold Member

umm

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2004, 05:46:33 AM »

Touche`! LOL!

But there's still something satisfying in the smell and feel of an old-fashioned book!
Personally, I hate reading large amounts of stuff on-screen.  I just couldn't help "correcting" the joke.  Smiley

"You shall know the truth, the truth shall set you free.

Christ doesn't need lies or censorship.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the