Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:24:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  IT IS GOD'S WILL TO PROSPER YOU.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: IT IS GOD'S WILL TO PROSPER YOU.  (Read 5013 times)
Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2003, 11:08:36 AM »

What God means by propser is to reap the fruits of the spirit. When the disciples received the Holy Spirit at pentecost, the first thing they did was to sell their possesions and give to the poor. GOD PROVIDES for us. Jesus pormises that our needs will be met. "Seek first His kingdom and His righeousness and these things will be given to you as well." It's just a fact that we will not starve. I believe anything more than that is greed...AND WE'RE ALL ATTACHED TO IT. I have a big house. Everyday, i'm convicted by realizing how many people can be fed by the money our house could bring if we sold it. When our son graduates from High school, my husband and I are seriously thinking about selling it and becoming missionaries. But the degree that I'm attached to my house and material possessions is the degree of my greed. Thank God, it is lessening everyday, but the process is painfully SLOW.
Royo

I love Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2003, 01:48:07 PM »

To Heidi.
There is nothing wrong or greedy about having a nice house, etc., unless you feel greed in your heart about it. The Lord said He would give us the desire of our heart. He also said He would bless us more than we could take.
Because I, here in America, have everything I need, does not mean I should feel guilty because that soul in some 3rd world country has nothing. This is where God chose to have me born, and He has blessed this country greatly.
BUT I MUST BE WILLING to give it up if He calls me to do so.
I am not to become attached to it to the point I would disobey God to keep it.
You seem to love Him greatly, and are seeking Him. That is all He really asks of us, other than that we obey Him. Weather we have a lot, or a little is not very important, except in how we see the riches He has blessed us with.
Look at Solomon, or others.

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2003, 05:51:53 PM »

Thanks for your response, Royo. I do agree that He doesn't want us to be attached to material things. i also agree that each of us is called to do different things. right now i know I'm not called to sell everything I have and give to the poor. But i do realize that I still have some degrees of greed, pride, etc. I'm thankful for what i do have but as i grow in Christ, I do believe He will lessen my attachments to sin so that the fruits of the spirit will come out of me more than sin. I believe that's what growth is. So, conviction is good but since I'm forgiven for it, I don't hate myself for it. I just want to be aware of my sin so that i don't justify it and He can lessen it. Thanks.  
IrishAngel
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2003, 10:31:05 AM »

Ambassador I enjoyed the link thanks Wink

It is Gods will to prosper us is one of the enemies biggest decieving lies  of this century, and christians are falling for it. If and when God chooses to prosper us, it is for ONE reason only, to further fund the news of the kingdom to come, not so we can lay up treasures here. Those who purpose to know (get inside) the mind of God, must then also experience His death, death to self, death to  earthly desires,  and death to all its vain  prosperity.  Ok now if you want to get comfortable, by all means do, (hopefully those means wont cause you to pawn your pearl of great price)  but i`m getting ready to leave this world.

Hello all you naysayers, articles from the internet are more inspiring and beneficial than your nitpicking  Roll Eyes

oh and please dont say ambassador and I are one and the same, his grin is too toothy  Cheesy

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2003, 01:13:37 PM »

AMEN, Irish Angel. I believe that's exactly right. If He blesses us with good fortune, it's a GIFT, not an entitlement.
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2003, 11:21:03 PM »

Ambassador I enjoyed the link thanks Wink

It is Gods will to prosper us is one of the enemies biggest decieving lies  of this century, and christians are falling for it. If and when God chooses to prosper us, it is for ONE reason only, to further fund the news of the kingdom to come, not so we can lay up treasures here. Those who purpose to know (get inside) the mind of God, must then also experience His death, death to self, death to  earthly desires,  and death to all its vain  prosperity.  Ok now if you want to get comfortable, by all means do, (hopefully those means wont cause you to pawn your pearl of great price)  but i`m getting ready to leave this world.

Hello all you naysayers, articles from the internet are more inspiring and beneficial than your nitpicking  Roll Eyes

oh and please dont say ambassador and I are one and the same, his grin is too toothy  Cheesy

Yes, wealth can be either a blessing or a snare. And for many it is a snare. But there are Christians who enjoy their wealth very responsibly, too.

Royo

I love Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2003, 02:25:30 AM »

Here is the scripture I always liked best regarding this topic.
"Beloved, I pray that you may prosper in all things and be in health, just as your soul prospers." [3 John 2].

It seems to say that as our soul prospers, (as we grow in Christ), we shall prosper in other ways also.

This to me is way different than the name it and claim it and prosperity teachings put forth by those I consider to be false teachers.

Yours in Christ Our Lord.  Roy.

Heidi
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2003, 12:52:39 PM »

I agree with you, Royo. Prosperity is a gift, not an entitlement. But I do know some very spiritually mature Christians who are poor but happy as a clam. The old adage that says, "there are 2 ways to be rich: one is to have a lot, the other is to want very little." Christ owned nothing but was the richest man in the world.

Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2003, 08:58:38 PM »

Amen to Royo too!!
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the