Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 05:14:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  IT IS GOD'S WILL TO PROSPER YOU.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: IT IS GOD'S WILL TO PROSPER YOU.  (Read 5016 times)
teddybear
« on: July 28, 2003, 11:51:20 AM »

Ninety to ninety-five percent of Christians today face some type of financial problems or crisis.
Think about how Satan is attacking your finances.You may not have sufficient income each month to provide for the needs of your family and meet your financial obligations;you may face foreclosure on your home;you may be so deep in debt it seems impossible that you will ever be free;you may face specific needs,unforseen expenses right now,and do not know where you will obtain the finances to meey your needs.

Regardless of the financial pressures you face,before you can experience the breakthrough you need,you must know it is God's will that you Prosper in your finances and in every area of your life.

Whatever crises you face regarding your finances,you must take your eyes off your circumstances,set your spiritual focus on God as your divine Source of provision,and act on God's promises to you in His Word.

You must face your financial problems with a solid scriptural foundation concerning God's will for your finances.If you are not convinced that it is God's will to supply your needs and prosper you,when Satan attacks your finances,your faith will begin to waver.You will begin to worry.Doubt and fear will fill your heart and mind.Then,you will be unable to release your faith to get your needs met.

God Bless.
Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2003, 07:35:31 PM »

Well, our relationship with God isn't about temporal things like money.
It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees. The law from your mouth is more precious to me than thousands of pieces of gold and silver. Psalm 119:71-72

No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money. Matthew 6:24

The Bible says,  For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs. I Timothy 6:10

That means we are to use it as a tool for Him, not to satisfy a craving for temporal things:

Cast your bread upon the waters, for after many days you will find it again. Give portions to seven, yes to eight, for you do not know what disaster may come upon the land. Ecclesiastes 11:1-2

I tell you, use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so when it is gone, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings. Luke 16:9

The Bible says we should be content with what we have:
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said: "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

Not that there is anything wrong with riches. It is not a sin or bad to be rich. God prosepered Job, Abraham, Jacob, and others. But when people think rich people owe them something, or when rich people refuse to help those less fortunate, there is a mony problem. It is to be enjoyed if it pleases God to give it. But not everyone can handle wealth, and so God does not give it His loved loves who cannot handle it without idolizing it. There are no promises about temporal riches, and that isn't even what we should be seeking:

And do not set your heart on what you will eat or drink; do not worry about it. For the pagan world runs after runs after all such things, and your Father knows that you need them. But seek His kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well. Do not be afraid, little flock, for your Father has been pleased to give you the kingdom. Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourself that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will not be exhausted, where no thief comes near and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Luke 12:29-34

When money is tight, tithe and trust-God uses the poverty to enhance our relationship with Him. And that is a much greater priority than worldly wealth.

Wandering Saint

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2003, 11:36:57 PM »

I think MOST people get into financial difficulty because they confuse their want's with their needs.  No one needs a $45,000 suv and the $600/month payment that goes with it.  God promises to give the faithful servant everything he need's, not everything he wants.  We run ourselves so far into debt with our toy's, and our big house with 4 extra rooms we never use for anything practical, and then we can't afford it all, so we look up to heaven and say, how come this is happening to me.  Let's get real!!!  I don't feel sorry for those people, not at all, not one bit!  

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2003, 03:10:57 PM »

I think MOST people get into financial difficulty because they confuse their want's with their needs.  No one needs a $45,000 suv and the $600/month payment that goes with it.  God promises to give the faithful servant everything he need's, not everything he wants.  We run ourselves so far into debt with our toy's, and our big house with 4 extra rooms we never use for anything practical, and then we can't afford it all, so we look up to heaven and say, how come this is happening to me.  Let's get real!!!  I don't feel sorry for those people, not at all, not one bit!  

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAMEN!!!!

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
missyann250

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2003, 12:41:33 AM »

In all scripture there is the faith and there is the work.  There always is God's will.  Who is to say why somebody ends up down the beaten path financially.  I could be standing in a food line on a certain day right beside someone who doesn't know about God's saving grace.  That could be the purpose of what we call busted.  I chose not to second guess God's will in that area.  
I believe we are to prosper in God's building up and I believe we are to follow His commandments and principles.  The money and things that we receive are really not ours, they were given by God and can be taken.  Or we can give them also.  We could be the fool, or we could be rich in wisdom.
One time I didn't think of anything but giving two dollars of the three dollars I had left in life at church.  It was just faith that allowed me to not even think twice.  Later I thought it pretty cool because I didn't think about what do I do now without any money. Not me being cool, yet how the Lord moves us.
 A month ago I heard a mother asking in the break room for gas money.  I was moved without thinking of the deed and gave her seven dollars for gas.  I didn't have much cash left in my pocket, very little in the bank, but the urgency realizing that everybody was shaking their heads the mere two seconds I heard her ask, I gave it.  Anyway, this is how I think we are to be built up in the Lord.  Not fearing, not worrying about anything unless of course our heart isn't right.  I if thought twice about giving, I would feel guilty.
God gave us the Word to enjoy and follow God's will by, and he did tell us to tithe for nothing, everything He says is true.  Yet he does initially look at our heart.  There are no works in our heart except that of the Lord Jesus.  That's why I have found that our obedience with a pure heart must occur rather than just follow a rule.  If you read, faith is given, along with every good attribute we think and do.  Works is a follow up and shouldn't just be done because it is a rule.  That would be a treacherous way to say God is expecting works for us to be Godly children.  There goes Jesus's works through us, there goes the cross.  
God wants us to do right, but we still must trust him in order to be obedient.  Just like Abrahams heart showed first then he acted in obedience.
God wants our heart.  Give tithes, but in the right heart is what I live.  By the way, the scripture is cool and that is what I am going off too.  But I still don't know how to pull from the quotes you guys did.  Have a great evening, morning day, whatever may be the case!  In Christ, missy   Grin
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2003, 07:58:13 AM »

http://www.freewebs.com/gracenet/5ms.html

Perhaps the most often misquoted verse in the Bible is Philippians 4:19. I recently asked in a Bible class I was teaching for someone to quote this verse for me.  Back came the answer without hesitation, "My God shall supply, etc."  Of course the "but" was omitted.

In this section of chapter 4, two needs are in view, Paul's and ours. Paul mentions the fact that this was the only church that had communicated with him "as concerning giving and receiving" (verse 15). When he was in Thessalonica they had sent several times to his needs.  This act Paul calls "a sacrifice...well pleasing to God" (verse 18), and adds "But my God shall supply all your need" (Not according to the need, but according to His riches in glory.)

It seems to me quite clear that since God has joined these two facts Paul's need met, and God's supply we should leave them that way. Paul is saying, "Since you met my need, God will meet yours."  Many folks omit the "but," yet claim the promise.  They have no right to do this; and when their need is not met, they are puzzled.

If we are not faithful to God in the matter of giving to His work we cannot expect Him to meet our need.  And it is not a matter of "trading favors"; God is not in the trading business.  He giveth and giveth and giveth again, but He does require us to live in His will, for then He can provide and will do so.  He will give us the desires of our heart when we delight ourselves in Him (Psalms 37:4).

« Last Edit: August 17, 2003, 01:44:12 PM by Ambassador4Christ » Logged

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Knox

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2003, 10:45:49 AM »

Ambassador4Christ, don't you ever speak for yourself? EVERYTHING you post, except for the bandwidth-wasting posts where you quote an entire response and then say only 'Ditto' or 'AAAAAmen', is copied and pasted from articles on the internet.

Here's where you got the above 'response' of yours:

I guess I just don't understand what you're doing here. I mean you're not really interacting with the other forum members at all. Are these things you're copying actually what you think, or do you just search the web until you find something that's appropriate, that fits into the conversation?
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2003, 01:46:09 PM »

Ambassador4Christ, don't you ever speak for yourself? EVERYTHING you post, except for the bandwidth-wasting posts where you quote an entire response and then say only 'Ditto' or 'AAAAAmen', is copied and pasted from articles on the internet.

I guess I just don't understand what you're doing here. I mean you're not really interacting with the other forum members at all. Are these things you're copying actually what you think, or do you just search the web until you find something that's appropriate, that fits into the conversation?

Once again your wrong, but thanks for the link.

Grace & Peace

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2003, 04:28:20 AM »

Knox do you take drugs, I believe you need some help.

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Knox

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2003, 09:10:30 PM »

Well I might take an aspirin every few months or so! Man you are one weird dude (or kid). I suspected when I first started lurking here that Brother Love & A4C were the same person and now I'm sure of it. You even have your different screen names comment on each other's posts!
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2003, 04:16:14 AM »

Well I might take an aspirin every few months or so! Man you are one weird dude (or kid). I suspected when I first started lurking here that Brother Love & A4C were the same person and now I'm sure of it. You even have your different screen names comment on each other's posts!

WOW Dude, your nuts.
Maybe I am Blackeyepeas, saved4ever, lizmom plus ten others.

ROFLOL Smiley

P.S. Knox What am I? Flypaper for FREAKS! like you?

Brother Love Smiley
« Last Edit: August 19, 2003, 04:52:58 AM by Brother Love » Logged

<Smiley))><
John the Baptist
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2003, 07:39:21 AM »

But..., they seem to be getting 'converts!' huh?
Read the posts & see who are defending these ones? And perhaps as you suggest, they might even be the same poster? I think that they are just 'spiritual' bed partner's. Just like Cain was in Gen. 4:7, a lot of hot working DESIRE, but for whom??

---John
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2003, 01:19:29 PM »

Posted By John the Baptist QUOTE:

But..., they seem to be getting 'converts!' huh?
Read the posts & see who are defending these ones? And perhaps as you suggest, they might even be the same poster? I think that they are just 'spiritual' bed partner's. Just like Cain was in Gen. 4:7, a lot of hot working DESIRE, but for whom??

---John  

----------------------------------------

LOL Grin John Boy,

Your Brick Award  Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Royo

I love Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2003, 03:19:32 AM »

It is sad to see people who say they are Christians calling each other names.
I learned a long time ago that the reason one calls another a name is to lift himself up in his own eyes.
Let us lift up Jesus, not ourself.

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2003, 06:27:15 AM »

It is sad to see people who say they are Christians calling each other names.
I learned a long time ago that the reason one calls another a name is to lift himself up in his own eyes.
Let us lift up Jesus, not ourself.

AMEN!!

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the