Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 01:38:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Animals and Pets (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  i got two wonderful cats
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: i got two wonderful cats  (Read 4257 times)
aribeth

I love jesus and the father

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2005, 05:38:57 AM »

i got two  cats  male and female. louie is the male and tara is the female. both were adopted from humne society when they were 12 weeks old. they are now 9 years old.

they are so wonderful and i love how they show effection towards me and my husband.  i  know that when they die i am gonna be so depressed for a long time because they are my kids. louie really makes me laugh at the things he does like when we make the bed or change the sheets louie always likes to jump up on the bed and makes sure the covers hit him. just like they did in gym class where they make you  lift the parachute and then you go under it. thats what louie likes to do. he likes to be on the bed when the blankets get put on the bed LOL! he still acts like a kitten. they both have our personalities. tara acts more like me and louie acts more like my husband jon LOL it's so funny.  i  can't imagine life without them.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 11:16:34 PM »

Cats are a wonderful companion. I have 3 of them, all calico and wouldn't let anyone have them. Leaper, Hoppity, and Problem Child, are great! Grin

Friarbob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 10:44:48 PM »

I have always loved cats. they are so cool My family is owned by a 20 lb Charcoal grey and white nuetered male cat.He looks just like the cartoon cat, Sylvester. Except he is charcoal grey where sylvester was black.He is also light years smarter than how sylvester was portrayed.  We call him our guardcat because he is extremely territorial against everybody who is not in our immediate family. We have to shut him in my bedroom every time we have company. His name is Hannibal.

Bob Fryar AKA Friarbob
For me to live is Christ, to die is gain.(Philippiams 1:21NIV)
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2005, 06:04:59 PM »

Smiley Cats rule, dogs drool!

Blessings -

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 06:22:54 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I must confess that I don't understand why folks like cats. I only had one in my life, and he was a nightmare. He hated me and waited in ambush for me when I came home from work. I remember those claws like they were yesterday. AND, all I was trying to do is rescue and feed a stray cat who lost his mother. I even tried to pay vet bills when he got sick, but the vet said there was no way to help him.   Huh  AND, I really tried to be nice to that cat, but all he wanted to do is tear me to shreds.  Cheesy  My kids were still home at the time, and the cat hated the entire family.

On the other side of the coin, I've had dogs all my life and never had a bad one. I have one 15 and one 16 now. If your cat is over 20, my two dogs together might be able to whip your cat.  Grin

No more cats for me. I think that I would rather have a pet alligator.  Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2005, 06:36:18 PM »

My family has had oodles of cats in the past. For the most part Beps I must agree, they are a vicious lot. I had one though that was almost human. It followed me everywhere. It ignored anyone calling "kitty kitty". If I was working in the garden it was there on my shoulder watching. When I worked on the car it would get up on the front quarter panel and watch me. It wouldn't eat cat food, instead it had to eat what I was eating. Tomatoes was its favorite food. This cat refuse to use the litter box. Instead it got up on the commode and used it like a human. I only wished it had learned to flush the toilet.  Grin Grin

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2005, 08:51:01 PM »

I had to laugh at your story BEP!  I know it wasn't funny to you at the time, but the tale is quite humorous.  It also sounds to me like you got ahold of a ferel cat (wild, stray never domesticated).  My cat is so loving and sweet!  Just like PR's cat did him, mine watches me everywhere I go and rides around on my lap like Queen Cleopatra (she also loves saurkraut, go figure).

Some folks love dogs, others cats . . . just as long as we take care of our pets.

Blessings -

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2005, 09:49:55 PM »

Grin   Grin

I was just thinking that I'm odd man out here and don't know anything about cats. In fact, nobody in my family has every owned a cat.

Talkercat, now you have me wondering just what kind of cat we had. We do have several different kinds of wild cats living just a few miles from us, and I do know what they look like. We also have numerous kinds of feral animals. I live just a few miles from the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. I really never considered that it might be a feral cat. I just chalked it up to experience and call the animal shelter now. In looking back, I honestly think that I would have had more fun with a cougar.  Grin

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2005, 10:05:57 PM »

In looking back, I honestly think that I would have had more fun with a cougar.

lol ....  They probably are more predictable. My wife and I both are animal lovers. My wife is especially a sucker for a stray cat. At one time we had 25 dogs and 35 cats. I should say they had us.

One of the cats we had was a Guam feral cat or what they called a "Booney Cat" in Guam. Here in the states we used to simply call them alley cats. She was a very small black and gray tabby. We rescued here from the top of a hot transmission of an old car. She was black with dirty oil that had leaked out onto the transmission. It took two days to get all the grease off her. We had her for 15 years. She was queen cat and took nothing from all the bigger cats, even the big Toms bowed to her. Yet she was the gentlest cat when it came to babies both human and kitten/puppies.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2005, 12:50:45 PM »

I've always been a sucker for stray animals, in fact, my kitty "Talker" is a rescue  Cool and the first pet cat I've ever had.  Sounds like I was blessed with a good one to start off with.

Blessings -

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the