Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 01:11:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Computer Hardware and Software (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Firefox Update
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Firefox Update  (Read 1634 times)
Joey

View Profile
« on: September 25, 2005, 04:10:57 AM »

Firefox 1.0.7 is a security and stability release. We strongly recommend that all users upgrade to this latest version.

This version includes several security and stability fixes, including a fix for a reported buffer overflow vulnerability and a fix for a Linux shell command vulnerability.

Specific changes in Firefox 1.0.7

* Fix for a potential buffer overflow vulnerability when loading a hostname with all soft-hyphens
    * Fix to prevent URLs passed from external programs from being parsed by the shell (Linux only)
    * Fix to prevent a crash when loading a Proxy Auto-Config (PAC) script that uses an "eval" statement
    * Fix to restore InstallTrigger.getVersion() for Extension authors
    * Other stability and security fixes

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Been using this version for a number of days now and no problems. Also installed over the top.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 04:20:22 AM »

Hello Joey,

Brother, I appreciate the information. For whatever reason, I don't seem to be getting update information through Firefox except for extensions and themes. I do have it set to check for updates, and I would think that a large security update like this one would be important enough for them to set the browser to get the new information.

I'm not aware of any settings I might have made to keep me from getting version updates, so I guess that I will just have to keep checking. Actually, I think that you gave me information on the last couple of updates, and I thank you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Acts 2:39 NASB  "For the promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself."

Joey

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2005, 04:34:55 AM »

Bro Tom, your most welcomed.

Thinking about it, i don't get update notices for browser upgrades either. I get just theme and extension updates, like you get. Maybe they don't send out browser updates. Not sure.
I keep checking PC forums, firefox forum and the mozilla web site, where i find my updates.... I will keep posting any updates that i find, on here, if thats ok with everyone.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2005, 05:42:25 AM »

Bro Tom, your most welcomed.

Thinking about it, i don't get update notices for browser upgrades either. I get just theme and extension updates, like you get. Maybe they don't send out browser updates. Not sure.
I keep checking PC forums, firefox forum and the mozilla web site, where i find my updates.... I will keep posting any updates that i find, on here, if thats ok with everyone.

Brother Joey,

I know that many of us would appreciate that very much. So far, a recent poll I posted here indicates 100% usage of Firefox. But, it's only been up a couple of days, so the results might change.

YES, please help us out. The one you just listed with the massive security upgrades is very important. I think that the first person who learns about an upgrade should post it. THANKS BROTHER!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Galatians 2:16 NASB  nevertheless knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the Law but through faith in Christ Jesus, even we have believed in Christ Jesus, so that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the Law; since by the works of the Law no flesh will be justified.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2005, 01:31:12 AM »

Thanks Joey, I am heading off for the update.

Resting in the hands, of Jesus.
Bob

Acts 2:39  "For the promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself."

Joey

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 02:13:10 PM »

Bob

Acts 2:39  "For the promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself."

Your welcome brother. Hope the download went well.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2005, 02:10:10 AM »

Bob

Nope it didn't, I don't have enought memory for the new foxfire. The new down load needs 64 meg of ram, I only have 48. Cry

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2005, 02:14:17 AM »

Bob

Nope it didn't, I don't have enought memory for the new foxfire. The new down load needs 64 meg of ram, I only have 48. Cry

It sounds like it is time to upgrade or time to clear some things off the hard drive.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the