Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:54:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Computer Hardware and Software (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  FREEWARE Internet Browser (Windows)
« previous next »
Poll
Question: Which FREEWARE Internet Browser do you use and why?
Windows Internet Explorer - 0 (0%)
Firefox - 4 (100%)
Slim - 0 (0%)
Avant - 0 (0%)
Other - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 4

Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: FREEWARE Internet Browser (Windows)  (Read 1778 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2005, 09:13:04 AM »

We haven't talked about really good FREEWARE in quite some time, so I thought it might be interesting to get an idea about the top programs being used.

By FREEWARE, I'm talking about completely free software with no strings attached (i.e. no advertising, not a trial, not crippled, etc.).

Many people might be satisfied with the standard Windows Internet Explorer, but it's getting pretty old and hasn't really been improved much in a long time. Many security problems have been reported, and it is generally thought to be slow and without many of the features people want. So, give everyone an idea about what you are using and why.

I'm hoping this is fun and interesting for everyone.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Proverbs 16:3 NASB  Commit your works to the LORD And your plans will be established.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 10:34:01 AM »

I use the firefox because it is so versatile (many add-ons available), it has been much more secure so far than the others and I have had fewer other problems with it such as lock ups.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 12:40:59 AM »

As you know, I use Firefox, I dislike Windows Internet Explorer because of security leaks.

Resting in the hands, of Jesus.
Bob

Luke 21:34 And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 01:22:21 AM »

I've used all of the browsers above and more.

I've settled with Firefox and don't plan to change again. I'm hooked on the speed, convenience, security, and features. More features appear to be added almost every day now.

I'm playing with some new extensions for Firefox right now that offer many excellent Christian resources. I hope to write something for the forum when I get just a little bit more experience. I must add that the ADMIN of Christians Unite has added some wonderful resources for Christians that are available with "RSS/XML" software that is available as an extension for Firefox. ADMIN's work is beautiful, and I'm really enjoying many of the feeds. "RSS/XML" for Christians is wonderful, and ADMIN already has an entire page devoted to this. The best way I can describe it right now is a variety of Christian activities to retrieve quickly and easily from many sources. I've just started with this, and I'm using a piece of FREEWARE called Abilon that is compatible with Firefox. So far, it is completely compatible with all the feeds ADMIN has listed.

Don't wait for my review, get an RSS/XML news reader and go to the Christians Unite page labeled "Christian RSS Feeds" on the left menu under "Web Search". Here's a big thanks to ADMIN for a ton of work he's already done in listing and categorizing WONDERFUL Christian Feeds. Bible Studies, Devotions, music, and much more are just a few clicks away with the right software.

I must add that additional features for Firefox are usually very easy to use, even for people with few or No Computer GEEK abilities.  Cheesy  Average people can do all sorts of things with Firefox that are very difficult in Internet Explorer and other browsers. And last but very important, the security with Firefox is MUCH BETTER!

Love In Christ,
Tom

P.S. You absolutely must try the Christian RSS feeds that ADMIN has worked so hard in providing. They are great! Please consider sending ADMIN a big thanks for his work.

Romans 5:1-2 NASB  Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God.

Joey

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 03:53:14 AM »

As many of you know, i am a HUGE firefox fan and have been for a few years now. Of course, the biggest plus for me is the security gaps it fills that IE doesn't, but i love the versality of it, with extensions and themes you can add.

This past month i have also been playing with the Opera browser a lot and enjoying that also. Opera is slightly faster than firefox and since they have done away with the ugly advertising banners on the browser now and you can have a clutter free browser for free. So thought i would try it again and finding it pretty good.

And then of course, there is the new sea monkey browser that is taking place of the Mozilla suite. Sea monkey is in very early BETA testing so i haven't downloaded that yet but give it another few weeks and i am going to give it a try. By what i have heard, its very good and very fast.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2005, 04:44:50 AM »

Hello Brother Joey,

I think that you might have been the one who convinced me to try Firefox. I'm an old guy and really don't like to change things very often.  Cheesy  I've had a ton of fun with Firefox, and I'm now experimenting with RSS/XML readers that open up a Christian world of resources. I'm having a really good time in exploring Bible studies, Devotions, and all kinds of other things that can be retrieved quickly and easily. Firefox makes it all possible, even for old guys like me that don't learn new tricks very fast.  Cheesy

In fact, I think that Firefox opens all kinds of things for average people who don't have to be a computer guru to use.

If you aren't already using RSS/XML, stay tuned. I hope to write something for the forum when I get just a little bit more information and experience. The first episode will deal exclusively with the huge amount of work that the ADMIN of Christians Unite has already done. I'm REALLY enjoying everything he has listed so far, and it appears that I am smart enough to do it.  Cheesy

YES! - Old dogs can learn new tricks.  Cheesy

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Corinthians 1:20-22 NASB  For as many as are the promises of God, in Him they are yes; therefore also through Him is our Amen to the glory of God through us. Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and anointed us is God, who also sealed us and gave us the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge.

Joey

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2005, 04:55:48 AM »

Brother Tom, i cannot recommend firefox enough. It simply is a wonderful browser. Glad you like it so much.

I have had no experience with RSS/XML, so i will be looking to you for help and advice  Grin

Blessings brother
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the