Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:34:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  "Even as the green herb"...religious possession:
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Even as the green herb"...religious possession:  (Read 1381 times)
qiytor5

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2003, 03:34:58 PM »

“EVEN AS THE GREEN HERB…”

“Every moving ‘thing’ that liveth shall be MEAT for you; even as the green HERxB have I GIVEN you ‘ALL THINGS’.”
--Genesis 9:3

MEAT, “oklah”, from, “akal”; to eat (lit. or fig.):- TO BURN UP & CONSUME FREELY.
-Strong’s Exhaustive Concordance, Heb402, p.12

THE GREEN HERB, “’eseb”; to glisten, grass, HERxB, any tender shoot.
-Strong’s, Heb6212, p.92

GIVEN, “nathan”; a primary root; to give, used with great latitude of application:-- ADD, APPOINT [Rx], ascribe, ASSIGN x be ([healed]), bestow, charge, DELIVER (UP), RESTORE, LAY (UNTO CHARGE, UP), & ORDAIN.
-Strong’s, Heb5414, p.81

ALL THINGS, “kowl”, from, “kalal”; a primary root; TO COMPLETE & MAKE PERFECT:--properly the whole, ANY & EVERY, ALL MANNER, EVERY (one, place, thing), howsoever & WHATSOEVER.
-Strong’s, Heb3605, p.55

“And God said, Behold, I have given you EVERY HERxB bearing seed…every green HERxB for MEAT…and, behold, it was VERY GOOD.”
Genesis 1:29-31

“He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and HERxB for the SERxVICE of man…”
--Psalm 104:14

VERY GOOD, “towb m(e)’od”; properly vehemently; by implication WHOLLY & EXCEEDINGLY BOUNTIFUL, CHEERFUL & AT EASE, GLAD, JOYFUL & MERRY PLEASURE.
-Strong’s, Heb2896, p.45 & Heb3966, p.60

“Now the spirit speaketh expressly, that in latter times some shall…command to ABSTAIN from MEATS, which the God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.”
--St. Paul, I Timothy 4:1-3

ABSTAIN, “apechomai”; to hold ONESELFoff.
-Strong’s, Grk567, p.14

MEATS, “broma”; food (lit. or fig.), especially certain articles allowed or forbidden by Jewish law:-- meat & victuals.
-Strong’s, Grk1033, p.19

“Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him that eateth not JUDGE him that eateth: for God hath received him.”
-St. Paul, Romans 14:3

JUDGE, “krino”; properly to distinguish or condemn, i.e. decide (mentally or JUDICIALLY), PUNISH or even call to question.
-Strong’s, Grk2919, p.43

“For every CREATURE of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving: for it is SANCTIFIED by THE WORD of God & prayer. If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these ‘THINGS’, thou shalt be a good minister of Christ.”
-St. Paul, I Timothy 4:4-6

CREATURE, “ktisma”; an original formation, i.e. product (CREATED “THING”).
-Strong’s, Grk37, p.44

SANCTIFIED, “hagiazo”, from, “hagios”; SACRED, PURE & RELIGIOUS,
 A HOLY “THING”.
-Strong’s, Grk37, p.7

THE WORD, “logos”; something said (including thought), specifically the Divine Expression (i.e. Christ):- DOCTRINE, matter & “THING”.
-Strong’s, Grk3056, p.45

“Ye fools! Did not he that made which is without make that which is within also? But rather give alms of such ‘THINGS’ as ye have; and, behold, all ‘THINGS’ are clean unto you.”
-Jesus, Luke 11:40-41, The Jefferson Bible, p.64

“There is ‘NOTHING’ from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the ‘THINGS’ which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.”
-Jesus, Mark 7:15, The Jefferson Bible, p.75

“And they were astonished at his DOCTRINE: for he taught them as one that had AUTHORITY and not as the scribes.”
-Mark 1:22, The Jefferson Bible, p.41

DOCTRINE, “didache”; INSTRUCTION (the act or matter).
-Strong’s, Grk1322, p.23

AUTHORITY, “ex-ousia”; PRIVILEGE, force, FREEDOM & LIBERTY, power, strength & RIGHT:- “DE-LEGATED INFLUENCE”.
Strong’s, Grk1849, p.30

“Are ye without understanding also? Do ye not perceive that ‘WHATSOEVER THING’ from without entereth into a man, IT CANNOT DEFILE him.”!!!
-Jesus, Mark 7:18, The Jefferson Bible, p.75

WHATSOEVER THING, “pas”; ALL, ANY & EVERY:-ALL MANNER OF, ALWAYS, DAILY, AS MANY AS & NO (thing).
Strong’s, Grk3956, p.56

“WHATSOEVER is sold in the shambles, that eat (consume), asking NO QUESTIONS for conscience sake: for the earth is the Lord’s, and the fullness thereof.”
-St. Paul, I Corinthians 10:25-26

“Conscience, I say, not thine own, but of “OTHERS”: for why is my LIBERTY JUDGED of another man’s conscience? For if I be a PARTAKER, why am I evil spoken of for that for which I give thanks? Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or WHATSOEVER ye do, do ALL to the glory of God.”
-St. Paul, I Corinthians 10:29-31

WHATSOEVER, “tis”, any object, ANY KIND OF “THING” AT ALL!!!
Strong’s, Grk5100, p.72

LIBERTY, “eleutheria”, from, “eleutheros”; EXEMPT (from obligation or liability), unrestrained (to go at PLEASURE), i.e. as a CITIZEN.
Strong’s, Grk1657, p.27
“The earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein.”
-Psalm 24:1

“To EVERY THING there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.”
Solomon, Ecclesiastes 3:1

“I form the light, and create darkness: I make PEACE, and create evil: I the Lord do ALL these ‘THINGS’.”
-JAH, Isaiah45:7

“For of him, and through him, and to him are ALL ‘THINGS’: to whom be glory for ever. Amen. I BESEECH you therefore, brethren, by the MERCIES of God, that ye present your bodies a living SACRIFICE, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye TRANS-formed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”
-St. Paul, Romans 11:36-12:2

THING, a cause, for his cause or sake, ANY SUBSTANCE CREATED, any particular article or commodity. The primary sense of thing, is that which, comes, falls, or happens, The primary sense of the root, thig, is to press, urge, drive, or strain, and hence its application to courts, or suites at law, a seeking of RIGHT.
-Webster’s 1848 (same as 1828 with added musical lexicon, and new scientific terms of the day), p.1146

THING, n. WHATEVER can be made the subject of consideration or discussion; WHATEVER is separable or distinguishable as an object of thought, either animate or inanimate; WHATEVER exists or is conceived to exist as a separate entity, as a tree or a thought, A PORTION or PART.
-Webster’s Unabridged 1951, p.1780

THINGS. The objects of dominion or property as contradistinguished from “persons”.
-Gayer v. Whelan, 59 Cal. App.2d 255, 138P.2d 763, 768

The object of a RIGHT; i.e., WHATEVER is treated by the law as the object over which one person exercises a RIGHT, and with reference to which another person lies under duty.

Such permanent objects, not being persons, as are sensible, or perceptible through the senses…THINGS personal or moveable, comprehending goods and chattels. The civil law divided THINGS into corporeal (tangi possunt) and incorporeal (tangi non possunt).
-Black’s law dictionary 1914, p.1479

What looks like it can’t be seen, sounds like it can’t be heard, & is bound to be free in the infinite definition of a more subtle, synonymous antinomy? What are more alike than other things?!

Shalom, Elijah St. Martin

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the