Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 08:23:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286802 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Prayer for baptism of power
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Prayer for baptism of power  (Read 2221 times)
davidoldham
« on: September 21, 2005, 08:42:38 PM »

Please pray in agreement with me that God would baptize me in power -  like Acts 4:28-31.  I desire that, and ask, and know that God will answer me and do this.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 05:07:46 AM by davidoldham » Logged
AJ

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 02:03:24 AM »

Will pray for you davidoldham

God bless
aribeth

I love jesus and the father

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2005, 05:04:13 AM »

i will do that.
davidoldham
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 05:08:47 AM »

Even years later, I am still seeking this baptism of Fire to happen.  When will it happen?
davidoldham
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 05:15:12 AM »

I so desperately want to be consumed in God.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2007, 09:14:46 AM »

Hello David and welcome to CU Forums. The best way to become consumed in God is to stay in His Word, reading and studying the Bible is something every born again believer must do constantly. Study the Bible read each verse carefully and consider what God is trying to tell you. He is speaking to you through His Word following are some verses that tell us to abide in Him:

Joh 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Joh 15:4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

Joh 15:7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

To abide in means to constantly be in the presence of. To live in; To stay in.

Another way is to pray, God hears and listens to prayer.  There are many ways to pray you can pray short prayers while you are driving, or waiting in line at a store, even while you are in the shower. God does not care where and how you are praying, whether you are standing, kneeling, walking, or in bed, He wants you to talk to Him. Of course there is also a time when you should turn off any distractions such as the phone, cell phone, TV, etc. and go where you can be alone with God.

He has promised that He will answer our prayers, but we must also have faith, believing that He hears us, just as you have faith that when you put your house key in the lock it will open, that is the kind of faith God wants us to have.

We must also be patient for our timing is not the same as God's timing, He will answer our prayers at the right time.

I am praying for you, that you will be able to do these things and you can be sure that God will answer your prayers. God is not a man that He should lie, that is what His Word tells us.

I pray this information will be helpful.

Love in Christ,
Maria.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Brother Jerry
Global Moderator
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2007, 09:29:27 AM »

Welcome back David,

As sister Maria stated, we must study in His word and pray.

We must also remember to be patient because it is in His time as Maria had stated.  But we must also realize that it is His will and not ours.  Our prayers should not be about what we want, but what He wills. 

Sincerely
Brother Jerry

------
I am like most fathers.  I, like most, want more for my children than I have.

I am unlike most fathers.  What I would like my children to have more of is crowns to lay at Jesus feet.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2007, 09:35:51 AM »

Amen Brother Jerry

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2007, 09:49:05 AM »

Please pray in agreement with me that God would baptize me in power -  like Acts 4:28-31.  I desire that, and ask, and know that God will answer me and do this.  Thank you.

Hello David Oldham,

If you have accepted JESUS CHRIST as your LORD and SAVIOUR, you have been baptized by the HOLY SPIRIT and been QUICKENED (Translated) into THE CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST.

However, your quote of Acts 4:28-31 indicates that you want much more. You're talking about wanting an earthquake and a filling of the HOLY SPIRIT that GOD gave the Apostles at Pentecost. Frankly, this isn't going to happen. GOD had a specific purpose for a specific time, and that time is over.

I would be curious about what kind of POWERS you seek and for what purpose. Whatever it is, you've been seeking it for years and haven't received it. Do you need a SIGN for your faith, or do you need some other kind of proof that JESUS CHRIST is real. If so, that has already been provided, mainly in the GREAT POWER OF GOD'S WORD. GOD has already given people everything they need almost 2,000 years ago now. The HOLY BIBLE is complete, and that is GOD'S WORD.

ALMIGHTY GOD is a witness for HIMSELF through HIS WORD, and HIS WORD is most definitely GREAT POWER! GOD still uses people who want to be willing servants and allow HIM to work in and through them. BUT, GOD no longer gives people great power. GOD has nothing to prove and all GLORY is HIS alone. I'm not hinting any limitation of GOD because I know that HE does as HE pleases in Heaven and on Earth. GOD has already given mankind a multitude of miracles, signs, wonders, and evidence of all kinds to believe HIM. We are now nearing the end of this Age of Grace, and mankind is looking at a last chance to accept or reject. In other words, we are nearing the time when GOD'S patience will end and HE will pour out HIS Righteous WRATH on evil men.

This is a time where many men and women make all kinds of false claims about Power from GOD. There are false teachers and false prophets springing up on just about every corner, just as Bible Prophecy proclaimed thousands of years ago. There will be some POWER displayed, but it won't be from GOD. The devil will deceive great hosts, and this is already happening, just as Bible Prophecy said it would.

All Christians have been given the Promises of GOD, the Riches of CHRIST, and an eternal inheritance with the SAINTS IN LIGHT. GOD extends more love to us than we can absorb, and HE has given us immediate access to HIS Throne of Grace. The HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD lives in our hearts as a guide and comforter. We have all been given RICHES BEYOND MEASURE! We have a personal relationship with JESUS CHRIST day by day in this short life. The quantity and quality of our fellowship with HIM is up to us. It depends on prayer, yielding, desire, and Bible Study. HE has given us all of HIS WORD, and gone on to prepare a place for us. HIS Work is Perfect and Finished - ALL GLORY TO GOD!

Love In Christ,
Tom

davidoldham
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2007, 11:57:49 AM »

We read the same Bible, and even use the same E-sword program to study the Word, but it’s a different gospel you teach.  It’s a powerless one.
If there is power coming from Satan, and false prophets and false teachers, but NOT the church, THE CHURCH would be like it's emasculated and de-gendered of it's own ability to preach the gospel by not having power.... and I ask why follow God if God doesn't fulfill HIS PROMISES?  What of the promise of the Holy Spirit?  And the evidence, the signs, that accompany that indwelling of the Holy Spirit?
If we can't raise the dead, heal ALL the sick, cast out demons, cleanse the lepers, and work miracles in Jesus Name, than what’s the point of believing the Gospel message of the Kingdom?  This makes Christianity the same as all he other religions.  All it becomes is talk, and no power.  But Paul said he came not with wise or persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit of God and of POWER.  This was in operating in the Gifts of the Holy Spirit which he talked about to the Corinthians, and that the Church of the book of Acts operated in on a big level on the day of Pentecost.  If I can’t heal the sick, and cast out demons, and cleanse lepers and raise the dead, I am not fulfilling the commission that Jesus gave according to (Matthew 10:Cool and (Mark 16:15-18)
IN asking for the Holy Spirit.

In my asking for the Holy Spirit, you have given a stone instead (Luke 11:10-13).  The Baptism of the Holy Spirit that I seek is one that would equip me to preach the gospel to the Nations, and be operating in the FULLNESS of the Spirit of GOD.
Those in the Kingdom should be walking in power.  There should be the evidence that God is with them, that when they lay hands on the sick, the sick recover, that demons are expelled, that they raise dead, and they speak in new tongues.  I am asking this for the entire body of Christ, not just for myself.  I’m tired of seeing an emasculated gospel message preached. 

I seek after the Kingdom of God and it’s righteousness, and long to see it come in power.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2007, 12:23:06 PM »

We read the same Bible, and even use the same E-sword program to study the Word, but it’s a different gospel you teach.  It’s a powerless one.
If there is power coming from Satan, and false prophets and false teachers, but NOT the church, THE CHURCH would be like it's emasculated and de-gendered of it's own ability to preach the gospel by not having power.... and I ask why follow God if God doesn't fulfill HIS PROMISES?  What of the promise of the Holy Spirit?  And the evidence, the signs, that accompany that indwelling of the Holy Spirit?
If we can't raise the dead, heal ALL the sick, cast out demons, cleanse the lepers, and work miracles in Jesus Name, than what’s the point of believing the Gospel message of the Kingdom?  This makes Christianity the same as all he other religions.  All it becomes is talk, and no power.  But Paul said he came not with wise or persuasive words, but with a demonstration of the Spirit of God and of POWER.  This was in operating in the Gifts of the Holy Spirit which he talked about to the Corinthians, and that the Church of the book of Acts operated in on a big level on the day of Pentecost.  If I can’t heal the sick, and cast out demons, and cleanse lepers and raise the dead, I am not fulfilling the commission that Jesus gave according to (Matthew 10:Cool and (Mark 16:15-18)
IN asking for the Holy Spirit.

In my asking for the Holy Spirit, you have given a stone instead (Luke 11:10-13).  The Baptism of the Holy Spirit that I seek is one that would equip me to preach the gospel to the Nations, and be operating in the FULLNESS of the Spirit of GOD.
Those in the Kingdom should be walking in power.  There should be the evidence that God is with them, that when they lay hands on the sick, the sick recover, that demons are expelled, that they raise dead, and they speak in new tongues.  I am asking this for the entire body of Christ, not just for myself.  I’m tired of seeing an emasculated gospel message preached. 

I seek after the Kingdom of God and it’s righteousness, and long to see it come in power.

You should be seeking God, David. We live in His Kingdom even now in the spirit. Seeking God constantly is what is most important. God grants to those the things they ask for in His own timing and according to His good will. By the way, satan has no power, except the power you let him have. Jesus defeated him.

davidoldham
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2007, 12:28:26 PM »

God grants to those the things they ask for...

amen to that. 

I'm not seeking to debate theology with anyone, I'm just asking for prayer and fasting on my behalf so I can have the Baptism of Power.
airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2007, 12:37:38 PM »

I will pray for you David.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2007, 12:42:56 PM »

Hello David Oldham,

I would say that you're terribly confused. Read the posts above and many more already on the forum. GOD doesn't need circus side-shows to prove that HE is real. Most of that is to glorify man - not GOD. GOD had a specific time and purpose for many things, and you can determine that time and purpose with Bible study. The POWER you are waiting for is NOT going to come to you. That POWER belongs to GOD alone, and HE does as HE pleases in Heaven and on earth. If there is going to be any GLORY - it will be HIS ALONE!

If you don't appreciate what GOD has given you already, I'll simply say that I feel sorry for you. I'll pray that you realize what GOD has already done for you. The least of us can't begin to comprehend the Promises and inheritance from ALMIGHTY GOD. I would say that your first task is to learn how to give THANKS TO GOD. All GLORY goes to GOD - not man!

Love In Christ,
Tom

David_james
Gold Member

Jesus loves you

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2007, 12:50:42 PM »

David are you roman catholic

Rev 21:4  And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the