Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 04:40:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  President's Call for Remembrance of Storm Victims Spurs PPT's Prayer Rally
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: President's Call for Remembrance of Storm Victims Spurs PPT's Prayer Rally  (Read 1020 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: September 15, 2005, 10:31:34 PM »

President's Call for Remembrance of Storm Victims Spurs PPT's Online Prayer Rally

by Allie Martin
September 15, 2005

(AgapePress) - The Presidential Prayer Team (PPT), a grassroots prayer movement with more than two million members, is organizing a massive online Day of Prayer and Remembrance for the Louisiana, Alabama, and Mississippi Gulf Coast region hurricane victims. The group is encouraging Christians everywhere to join in its "Virtual Prayer Rally," which is set to take place on Friday.

Last week, President George W. Bush proclaimed September 16 as a national day of prayer in the wake of the devastation and loss of lives caused by Hurricane Katrina. John Lind, president and CEO of the Presidential Prayer Team, says the Virtual Prayer Rally is a way for Christians to come together in a concentrated effort to respond to the disaster. "I think we're trying to rally the people together to answer the question, 'What can we do?'" he says.

According to Lind, the answer to that question is fundamental: "We can pray," he says. "Prayer is our front line of defense. God calls us to pray for our leaders, and God calls us to pray for our country -- in this particular case, the people that have been affected [by the hurricane]."

The PPT spokesman says the purpose of the online event is to "harness the power of the Internet to be able to utilize this tool to get people to come to our website, sign up for a time, and have people from all over the world participate in our prayer rally on a virtual basis." People can come to the website at Presidential Prayer Team.org, he explains, "and just click on the icon that says 'register for the Virtual Prayer Rally.'"

Those registering will come to a page where they can put in their first and last name, e-mail address, what state they're from, and what one-hour time block they'd like to select," Lind says. And if they continue through the process, he notes, "we have some resources there. We have a prayer guide that they can utilize during that hour and 200 scripture verses that they could utilize. We have a lot of tools on there for those people that have dedicated that time for prayer."

The Virtual Prayer Rally will last through the entire day on Friday, Lind adds. He believes the Day of Prayer could become the starting point for a renewed focus on prayer and repentance across America.

http://news.christiansunite.com/Religion_News/religion03319.shtml

Additional information on ChristiansUnite.com is available on the Internet at http://www.christiansunite.com/
Copyright © 2003 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2005, 01:37:51 AM »

I spent 4 hours today in prayer, for President Bush. And yes, I am a member of the  "Presidential Prayer Team". Some how, I never though about posting the Nation Day of Prayer. Cry

Resting in the hands, of Jesus.
Bob

Luke 6:28 Bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2005, 02:27:07 AM »

I saw the President today at the Virtual Prayer Rally and joined the PPT today.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2005, 05:20:36 PM »

Brothers,

I'm not a member of this group yet, but I always pray for our leaders. I was just reflecting on our President. He's just a man, and all men make mistakes. We should be praying for our leaders whether they are a Christian or not, but I firmly believe that President Bush belongs to JESUS.

These are difficult times for our country, and things might get worse, especially if the end of this age is unfolding. For Christians, every day should be a day of prayer and duty, trying to yield to the will of our Heavenly Father. May God give us the wisdom, strength, and courage to fight a good fight and run a good race until HE takes us home.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Psalms 1:1-3 NASB  How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the path of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of scoffers! But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night. He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, Which yields its fruit in its season And its leaf does not wither; And in whatever he does, he prospers.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the