Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:43:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Top 10 Questions About God....(Question Two now added)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Top 10 Questions About God....(Question Two now added)  (Read 8346 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2005, 11:49:07 PM »

Ok, ok, I’ll concede that there seems to be no other logical explanation for the existence of creation other than an intelligent being creating it.  I also agree that there had to be a first cause to birth our universe, due to the laws of cause and effect; even a child can understand these things.  For scientists to ignore these truths is idiotic.

But I also wonder that if there truly is an intelligent being that you call God, why did he create us?  What is the purpose for human beings?  And please don’t give me the same old story that I’m special to God and God loves all of us.  I want to know why a God felt that he needed to create lowly human beings who suffer for 70 years and then die for nothing.  It seems to me that its senseless to create beings who live only a short time compared to time itself, most of us suffering all our lives in some degree or another.  Please tell me why a so-called loving God would do this.

Pastor Roger, you shouldn’t believe that we’ve met before because we haven’t; I don’t know you.  And why do you call yourself Pastor?  Are you a Pastor of a church right now?

I hope you all don’t mind me asking these questions.

thanks everyone
You can read the answers in these links, on Christians Unite.

Topic: God protects his own/Tsunami

Why God Allowed The Tsunami

These are a good start for you, wondering.

Resting in the hands, of the Lord.
Bob

Matthew 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.

LittlePilgrim

Little pilgrim, walking down the road of life...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2005, 11:55:32 PM »

I don't think anyone minds, Wondering. These are legitimate questions that every searching person has. That is one of the reasons I began this thread.

Now... To answer the question, God did not design us to die at all. Man was originally perfect in body and mind, designed by God, in His image, to rule over the earth, and to worship God Almighty.

Death entered the picture when Adam and Eve were tempted and deceived by the devil, Satan (also called the serpant). They disobeyed God, even though He had warned them they would die if they did so.

Romans tells us, "For the wages of Sin is death, but the gift of God is life everlasting through Jesus Christ, our Lord."

It was not God's will that man should die, nor that he should be doomed to be seperated from Him for eternity. And so God sent a savior, Jesus Christ, to die on a roman cross, in the most horrible way imagineable, and to pay the penalty for our sin... The penalty that we could never pay in full.

And then three days later, He rose again, proving His power over death. And not only this but in doing so, He gave us the chance to live forever with Him. John 3:16-17 tell us: 'For God so loved the world, that He sent His one and only Son, that whosoever should believe in Him, should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent His son into the world, NOT to condemn the world, but so that the world THROUGH HIM might be saved."

(Emphasis mine).

I hope this helps. And try reading the threads Dream Weaver gave as well. All it takes, my friend, is simply to believe that Christ came, born of the virgin Mary, that He died on the cross to save all of us from our sins, and that He rose again on the third day, defeating Death and evil once and for all... The battle is won... Now we only await for the Victor to come. Smiley

"Once, the darkness seemed so endless, till one flame appeared in the night... Glowing from a lowly stable, Lamp of Life, Shining so bright... Dazzling! Splendor! And the heavens rejoice with a song!....

We have heard the wondrous story, the Word now in flesh here to dwell... We have seen the Father's glory, Jesus Christ, Immanuel..." -Randy Vader, Jay Rouse.

For I am only human, not some hero of the faith/ I'm merely an example of God's mercy and His grace/ I keep my eyes on Jesus when my gains become a loss/ As I stumble to the cross. -Stumble, Timothy Mark
ARPEL

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2005, 01:27:31 AM »

LittlePilgrim and Arpel,

But if both of you are admitting that science cannot prove the existence of God, why should I believe in a God??  

Hello wondering,  Please let me explain myself.

The reason why science cannot prove their is a God, is because of the parameters established by the laws made for the study of science.

You see wondering, the study of science is limited (that is to say, they are supposed to be limited) to the Laws of Thermodynamics however, the study of the science of evolution is made through theories outside of these laws by speculation, supposition, pre suppositions, opinions and contemplated analysis;  it is not tested in a laboratory to prove the theorem, this is why the hypothesis of evolution is unproven after gemerations of being taught as fact in the institutions of higher learning, on the contrary the recent discoveries in our generation have disproved many assumptions and myths postulated by the so called eminent proponents and teachers of the evolutionary theory, so that today a new teaching is taking its place, that of intelligent design.

Those honest scientists who will admit evolution may be flawed are begining to gravitate towards this new teaching, but they are reluctant to credit the intelligence to The Creator; so they continue in darkness grappling with the question;  Where did man really come from?    

This darkness is spoken of in this way by The Creator;

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
2 Cor 4:3-4

or,

The way of the wicked is as darkness: they know not at what they stumble. Prov 4:19

You say that this creation couldn’t have come from nothing, so how do we know God exists other than creation itself?  

I never said the things created could never prove the existence of to the contrary, the creation confirms the handywork of The Creator.  It only confirms it, it cannot prove it.

Let me explain this to you in simple terms;

If the company that made airplanes obtained and took all of the necessary parts and laid them out on the ground in a great field, no matter how good the weather got in a millions years, the parts would never assemble themselves together to make ab airplane that can be flown.

Even if you took a living dog and placed him in a sterile liquifying machine and then, after scrambling him left him in this sterile environment, the DNA that makes up the living dog could never reassemble this dog again, so that one could say this is a dog.

I ask you why, is this not possible?

You know why, because when you rearrange DNA (the building blocks which make up all living things) to that degree the thing dies.  Only the giver of life can cause it to ever be reassembled into a living organism.

By the way, God has promised to do this very thing so He can judge mankind, He will resurrect men at the last day so that they may receive in their bodies what they sowed in their bodies Daniel 12:1-2 and 2 Cor 5:10, if you would like to read  more about this read Revelation chapters 20 and 21.

The question still remains, Why won't the scrambled dog re assemble itself?

Surely, All the ingredients necessary to make a dog are their.

Yet scientist who hypothezise this false theory, have some believing that life originated in a pool of primordial soup, and from that their imation took off, so that today without so much as proof of a missing link, they have built a family tree for man from the great apes.

Though I have seen some people in my lifetime that resemble chimps, they are far from being decendants of one, it's a hard one to swallow, yet they teach it as holy writ of evolution.

If one day walking down the street we happen to meet, in a sidewalk conversation how could you prove to me the existence of God?

I could never prove anything to you, concerning God, because if you believe evolution you have already rejected the thought that He exists, inspite of the fact, you see His Creation with your own eyes.  The things visible are the proof.

Now for those who have not rejected a Creator out of hand, an are seeking the Creatorl

ultimately ,He must be received by FAITH, since He is a Spirit, and them that worship Him, must do so spiritually.

Notice what His word says;

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
For by it the elders obtained a good report.
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.    Heb 11:1-3

No one has seen God, yet He has revealed Himself to those that diligently have sought Him throughout the generations and has confirmed the promises which He made to Abraham and His Seed, and that Seed is Jesus, who died for your sin of unbelief.

In a nut shell here it is;

The bad news first;

All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, because of Adams sin of disobedience. we humans are born spiritually dead, with a sin nature, we are unable to do anything about this other than to heap sin upon sin all our lives before God.    See Rom 3:23 and Rom 3:10-18

God is calling sinners to repentance in this age, because He has appointed a Judge who will judge righteouly all men, He will pardon those who want to be pardoned but will not acquit the guilty, those who have no interest in a pardon.  Read Acts 17:29-30

Now the Good News;

Rom 5:8
But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

John 3:16-17
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Rom 10:9-11
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

This the gospel, if you believe this you can possess eternal life, if you reject it, where else and to whom, can you appeal the coming judgment.

You also made mention that only God can change hearts, but I would like to ask how do you account for those who change from a bad, degraded degree to that of something good and respectable in society, and ?  I think we all might know someone who has done this without a God.

thank you

You mean people can change their lives from bad to good, this is true, but this has nothing to do with God, your own claim herein confirms it

"this person changed their heart without a God",

and I agree with this, it appears that this can be done, smokers quit smoking, drunks give up drinking, addicts give up drug use, but what does this have to with God, they still swear and shake their fist at Him.

What gain is there in this, eternally speaking, hey all will still be judged, the question still remains;  

What have you done with Jesus?

Only God can change hearts

Yes he does, and that promises is made to whom ever comes to Him with a broken and a contrite heart, notice;

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Rom 10:13

Isaih 57:15-16
For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones. For I will not contend for ever, neither will I be always wroth: for the spirit should fail before me, and the souls which I have made.

Ezekiel 18:31-32
Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel? For I have no pleasure in the death of him that dieth, saith the Lord GOD: wherefore turn yourselves, and live ye.

Ezekiel 36:26-27
A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Yes sir,  Man needs a heart operation, and only God can perform this one.

This is the heart operation I am talking about.

Hey, it has been great sharing with you.

God Bless you with wisdom.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2005, 01:40:34 AM by ARPEL » Logged
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2005, 12:15:22 PM »

Amen ARPEL,

We must never pass up a chance to witness to those that obiviously do not know our Lord and Saviour even if we think it is of no use. We never know when that persons eyes may open to the truth. Even if we were not successful at least we planted the seed that may grow full bloom.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
ARPEL

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2005, 12:26:14 PM »

Amen ARPEL,

We must never pass up a chance to witness to those that obiviously do not know our Lord and Saviour even if we think it is of no use. We never know when that persons eyes may open to the truth. Even if we were not successful at least we planted the seed that may grow full bloom.

Yes Pastor Roger   I agree

No matter what happens we work to make Him known, and that can only happen by expounding His Word, which will make it all come to pass.

The Lord Bless You
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2005, 04:23:32 PM »

Amen Brothers!

The Gospel of the Grace of God is never wasted. I am 100% positive that God will always use it. I give thanks that users and guests will have no difficulty in finding the GOOD NEWS and God's Word on Christians Unite.

We have thousands of readers every day. Further, Christians Unite distributes Godly material to thousands of Christian Web sites around the world every day. I pray that Christians Unite remains a BEACON OF LIGHT in a dark and dying world and that the hearts of the readers will be softened to receive God's Word.

Dear Heavenly Father, we pray that every Christian will hear your voice and yield to your will in the work you have for each of us to do. LORD, help us to do your will in joy and appreciation for what YOU have already done for us. Father, help us do Your work in a manner that only YOU receive all GLORY, HONOR, AND PRAISE. LORD, we ask for guidance, wisdom, and strength to stand and continue to serve you, regardless of attacks by the devil. Father, we ask these things in the Precious name of our Lord and Saviour, JESUS CHRIST.  Amen

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

Love in Christ,
Tom

Psalms 1:1-3 NASB  How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the path of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of scoffers! But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night. He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, Which yields its fruit in its season And its leaf does not wither; And in whatever he does, he prospers.

Titus 3:4-7 NASB  But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

ARPEL

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2005, 08:05:30 PM »

Amen Brothers!

The Gospel of the Grace of God is never wasted. I am 100% positive that God will always use it. I give thanks that users and guests will have no difficulty in finding the GOOD NEWS and God's Word on Christians Unite.

We have thousands of readers every day. Further, Christians Unite distributes Godly material to thousands of Christian Web sites around the world every day. I pray that Christians Unite remains a BEACON OF LIGHT in a dark and dying world and that the hearts of the readers will be softened to receive God's Word.

Dear Heavenly Father, we pray that every Christian will hear your voice and yield to your will in the work you have for each of us to do. LORD, help us to do your will in joy and appreciation for what YOU have already done for us. Father, help us do Your work in a manner that only YOU receive all GLORY, HONOR, AND PRAISE. LORD, we ask for guidance, wisdom, and strength to stand and continue to serve you, regardless of attacks by the devil. Father, we ask these things in the Precious name of our Lord and Saviour, JESUS CHRIST.  Amen

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

Love in Christ,
Tom

Psalms 1:1-3 NASB  How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the path of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of scoffers! But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night. He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, Which yields its fruit in its season And its leaf does not wither; And in whatever he does, he prospers.

Titus 3:4-7 NASB  But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

blackwywpeas,

Hi, and thank you the good word.

I am convinced it will all happen just as Has said (ordained) it.

He is in control, and will rule and overule in the affairs a men, 'till the heavens depart as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island will be move out of their places.

For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.
The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.  1 Cor 15:24-28

God Bless,

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the