Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:49:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286775 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Politics and Jesus
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Politics and Jesus  (Read 1217 times)
Bronzesnake
« on: September 08, 2005, 03:08:21 PM »

I am having a hard time trying to decide whether I should vote in our next election here in Canada.

We basically have four real contenders (well, really two, and then it's more often than not, one)

There's the Liberal Party - The Conservative Party - The New Democratic Party - and The Bloc Quebecois.

The only party I can vote for is the one party, which cares about all people. The wealthy, and the poor. This party is the N.D.P.

The N.D.P. supports gay marriage, and that was a huge stumbling block for me. The Liberals are the party that actually got the law passed even though there was a large majority against it.

The Conservatives are supposed to be the party with the most Christians in it, but they have a distinct dislike of the poor, and heckled the budget changes which the Liberals agreed to pay out in exchange for N.D.P. support during the non-confidence votes.

So now Jack Layton sits back in his chair and waits for the next fish to land in his lap. Actually, all kidding aside, Jack is a very intelligent man - he put his budget proposal to work at a critical time, and in the end Jack got what he wanted.

So here's the dilemma - do I continue to support this candidate and her party?  Undecided

Thanks...
John
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2005, 03:16:02 PM »

I am having a hard time trying to decide whether I should vote in our next election here in Canada.

We basically have four real contenders (well, really two, and then it's more often than not, one)

There's the Liberal Party - The Conservative Party - The New Democratic Party - and The Bloc Quebecois.

The only party I can vote for is the one party, which cares about all people. The wealthy, and the poor. This party is the N.D.P.

The N.D.P. supports gay marriage, and that was a huge stumbling block for me. The Liberals are the party that actually got the law passed even though there was a large majority against it.

The Conservatives are supposed to be the party with the most Christians in it, but they have a distinct dislike of the poor, and heckled the budget changes which the Liberals agreed to pay out in exchange for N.D.P. support during the non-confidence votes.

So now Jack Layton sits back in his chair and waits for the next fish to land in his lap. Actually, all kidding aside, Jack is a very intelligent man - he put his budget proposal to work at a critical time, and in the end Jack got what he wanted.

So here's the dilemma - do I continue to support this candidate and her party?  Undecided

Thanks...
John

Brother John,

Put your trust in the Lord. Pray to God, see how he wants you to vote. Then it's easy to follow his lead. When you follow God's lead, you can never lose!

John 21:19 This spake he, signifying by what death he should glorify God. And when he had spoken this, he saith unto him, Follow me.

Resting in the hands, of Jesus.
Bob

1 Peter 4:14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified.

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 11:27:58 PM »

Bronzy -
Is there one of the parties that DOESN'T persecute Christians?
If there is, that's the party I would support.  If not, I would support none.
When there is no longer a party in the US that does not stand for Christian values, I'll certainly quit voting.
Supporting Satan in any way - even "innocently" - can't be good...
God bless - I'll pray for Canada.

PS - Did you see this:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=46257
It would be so hard for me to live someplace where conservative scriptural opinion is banned.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 11:43:46 PM »

I won't quit voting but I will find a write-in that is acceptable to the Lord if need be. I must and will voice my disatisfaction of politicians that do not follow God in one way or another.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the