Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:29:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Stand up
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stand up  (Read 773 times)
dcyple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2005, 03:35:42 AM »

Rev. 3:14-16, To the angel of the church in Laodicea write; these are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. I know your deeds, that you are neither cold, nor hot. I wish that you were either one or the other! So, because you are neither lukewarm- neither hot, nor cold- I am about to spit you out of my mouth. (NIV)
I’ve heard this church compared to the church in America. I wish I could agree, for though Christ didn’t have good things to say about them, they were more alive than we are. We are not lukewarm church, we are ice cold and the ice is starting to thicken. STAND UP CHURCH!
The United States is probably the last free bastion of Christianity left in the world, and it is under a constant attack from a secular minority.
Separation of church and state, has been taken so far out of context from what the founding Fathers intended, that God is rapidly being removed from this country by a few who scream like toddlers and throw temper tantrums till we silently submit.
The Ten Commandments removed from every public place, why not if we can see them, we have no choice but admit our need of a savior. Same sex marriage, abortion and so much more, God’s authority is under constant attack from a barrage of decadence, and we do NOTHING!
STAND UP CHURCH! Or just roll over and die quietly, the choice is yours.
In this day and age of doing what feels good, calling anyone to accountability is lost. The name of Jesus, I guess should be shoved in a drawer or the back of a closet at home and forgotten about. After all what Christ taught, what God says is not politically correct. SSHHH, don’t let the word of the Lord be heard, SSSHH, don’t let people know they are going to go to hell without him, don’t share crazy, outdated ideas. Are you some kind of freak? We wouldn’t want people to suffer from something like moral purity, God forbid.
The choice is yours church, stand up, make your opinions, beliefs public or we will simply be cast asunder by the outspoken few. We must stand strong and be heard, or simply roll over and die for lack of commitment. I don’t know about you, but I’m not ready to stand silently by while the God of all creation is evicted from my country.
Christ came to this world to save us, to set us right in our sin with God and to remain silent while he is cast out of our society, is WRONG! I find it incredible to fathom, Christ paid for our sins, cast out demons, healed lepers, gave the blind their eyes, the deaf their ears and made cripples walk. And now sadly, the body of Christ, his own church; is crippled.
STAND UP CHURCH! Let your sins be forgiven. Cry out, let the words of grace, the words of life be heard.
I WANT TO SEE JESUS!

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005, 03:07:01 PM »

dcyple,

AMEN!

You may want to see this thread, Seperation of Church & State? where the same disscustion is going on.

Resting in the arms, of Jesus.
Bob

Philippians 2:20 For I have no man likeminded, who will naturally care for your state.

dcyple

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2005, 04:57:09 AM »

I hear that there is a majority in America that claim to be Christian. I would probably argue that point, the majority most likely believe in God but practicing Christians, no.but even with that why must we sit by and watch a few impose their lack of morals and basic fundamental humanity on the masses while we are singled out as the villians. Don't let the Lord be villified make your faith known that others also might step foreward. Let God be glorified. Proclaim his glory, before it's to late
God bless everyone here and elsewhere
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the