Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 05:50:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Husband addicted to Everquest computer Game
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Husband addicted to Everquest computer Game  (Read 10788 times)
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2003, 09:21:21 PM »

Symphony - nice site, by what how does it help? I’m confused.

Tibby, Just thought it was a nice relaxing site, for the ladies...

Tom Rightmer's(bep) here is too, for the music...

http://www.sirinet.net/~blkidps/gospel.html

or,   http://www.sirinet.net/~blkidps/besaved.html

Tibby, I DON'T KNOW THAT IT WILL HELP.   DON'T GET MAD AT ME!!

(--Lucy, in the Peanuts comic strip...)

hehe

Terri

I'm a Christian

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2003, 10:37:57 PM »

Hi Symphony,

Thanks for the Irishangels website, I didn't get a chance to check it out yet but I will. Anything that is peaceful and relaxing is always helpful...... Thanks

Hi BEP,

Thanks for your prayers!!!!!!! I know they are helping.

Hi Tibby,

Thanks for that info. I am not sure what SCA is could you explain that to me? I do agree with you he needs to see this as a problem and help himself, if its not in his heart than he will just replace it with another addiction.

Hi LanceA,

That is great that you broke free from this addiction, and that you are back honoring the Lord and reading the Bible.

When you were addicted to that game, what response from friends and loved ones did you need or want?  My husband just gets upset when I even try to talk about this. He doesn't want to ear anything I have to say. I really feel he doesn't care what I feel or say about this.

What was the breaking point for you that made you change your ways? Was it seeing what it was doing to your friends. Or did something happen to you?

I would love to get the computer out of our life, but I know that would really make him mad to the point it would cause more problems, so I think I will try to give him space and just continue praying. I know this is something he needs to change, I can't change it for him. I just hope it doesn't take him losing his job over it.

Hi Psalm 119,

Thanks, I will do my best to continue with my beliefs and reading the Bible and listeing to family life radio station. I will also continue taking my kids to church and hopefully they don't slip into this addiction down the road. I know my son is interested in what dad is doing on the computer and has played it a few times, and I hate that.

It does feel hopeless at times, I think that is the hardest thing to deal with is not knowing when this will end. Also that fact that this game is more important than spending time with me and the kids. I must be really boring, that he needs to consume his time with this game? These are thoughts that enter my mind also.

Someone talked about counceling. We have not had counceling. My husband is not willing to do the counceling. I will seek help from my church and pastor. So far I have not said anything, because I am ashamed. But I think that is something I might need to do.

Psalm119, I will IM you I would like to talk more with you. But for tonight I am going to end this.

Thanks everyone!!!!!!!!!
         Terri            

The Lord is my strength, my hope, and my happiness!!!!
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2003, 02:04:54 AM »

yeah said just what I was trying to say. Smiley

The SCA is an Historical Reenactment group. The biggest in the world, in fact. They have all kinds of things, Equestrian sports, quilting, clothing making, survival training, cooking, music and dance, smithing, and all kinds of things done in Med-evil and Renascence times, as done in those days. But their main event is the sword fighting. They have Fencing battles, with foils, fought Renascence style, and they also have Dark age battles, use rattan and armor to fight mid-evil styles. They have mass battles, tournaments, all kinds of fun stuff. I was thinking he may enjoy things of this nature, and he will get out more, if he has something more REAL to be a part of. If he wants to hack and slash, better he be outside, addicted to something that can keep him healthy, then just sitting in front of the computer casting imaginary spells on binary monsters. The SCA, unlike other popluar groups, don't always for "spell casting" in their fighting, or other aspects of the group.

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Terri

I'm a Christian

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2003, 11:16:02 AM »

Thanks Tibby,

That is something my husband would love!!!!!
                      Terri

The Lord is my strength, my hope, and my happiness!!!!
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2003, 12:34:17 PM »

No problem, happy to help. Let me know how he likes it when you go.  Cheesy

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Shiro

Kabuki Quantum Llama

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2003, 03:53:09 PM »

yeah said just what I was trying to say. Smiley

The SCA is an Historical Reenactment group. The biggest in the world, in fact. They have all kinds of things, Equestrian sports, quilting, clothing making, survival training, cooking, music and dance, smithing, and all kinds of things done in Med-evil and Renascence times, as done in those days. But their main event is the sword fighting. They have Fencing battles, with foils, fought Renascence style, and they also have Dark age battles, use rattan and armor to fight mid-evil styles. They have mass battles, tournaments, all kinds of fun stuff. I was thinking he may enjoy things of this nature, and he will get out more, if he has something more REAL to be a part of. If he wants to hack and slash, better he be outside, addicted to something that can keep him healthy, then just sitting in front of the computer casting imaginary spells on binary monsters. The SCA, unlike other popluar groups, don't always for "spell casting" in their fighting, or other aspects of the group.

VICTOLY!

Ride with it, Terri. It'll do your husband a world of good. UNLESS he starts making an obsession of THAT. Let's pray that he doesn't.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2003, 04:32:23 PM »

That sounds pretty good, Tibby(as long as you don't get killed--hehe)

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the