Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:16:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  "The Underground Church"
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Underground Church"  (Read 2422 times)
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: July 24, 2003, 11:45:06 AM »

In many Islamic and Communist countries True Believers meet in homes and not in the "official state sanctioned church". In the home churches they have the freedom to worship the Lord in Spirit and Truth; whereas the state church does not permit this. Although these home church meetings are "illegal", many risk their lives daily to worship in this manner.

Question? #1 Will it one day be "illegal" to worship the Lord in this country?

Question #2 Would you compromise and stay in the state sanctioned church? or go underground?

Psalm 119

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2003, 02:29:27 PM »

Question? #1 Will it one day be "illegal" to worship the Lord in this country?

Yes, most likely a few hours or days after the Rapture.

Question #2 Would you compromise and stay in the state sanctioned church? or go underground?

Most likely it wont happen while I am earth, but if it did I would go underground,

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2003, 11:18:01 PM »

#1  Definitely.  The path we're on now, by definition, will have to lead to an intolerance of any "god", but esp. Jesus Christ.  Just today rumor that atheists are adopting the term "bright", in the same way homosexuals did "gay", years ago.  Look at the increasing apathy over the Sup Court decis last month, re: Sodomy.

#2  I regard the community in which I live as my "church", using the freedom of speech.  Once that freedom is removed, then I'll probably do something else--join a house fellowship or generally just still look to Jesus in whatever situation--with and only with His help.  The organized churches will increasingly be bought off; as Whitehorse here says, they are "political" organizations anyway.  I'm guessing becuase of the major silence by the organized church on key issues, that we are essentially there now.
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2003, 08:21:52 AM »

Ambassador4Christ,

In regards to your answer to question#1. "Does God have a preference for American believers over those in communist and Islamic nations? Can you give any scriptual evidence why they are allowed to suffer, but American Christians will not?

Psalm 119
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2003, 02:01:35 PM »

Ambassador4Christ,

In regards to your answer to question#1. "Does God have a preference for American believers over those in communist and Islamic nations? Can you give any scriptual evidence why they are allowed to suffer, but American Christians will not?

Psalm 119

I Just Know Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2003, 05:41:35 PM »

Ambassador4Christ,

Now come on.....that answer will not suffice. Let's dig a little deeper into the Word to find the answer.  The last time I checked, the good old U.S.A. was never mentioned in the Bible. Let's think Biblically A4C!

Psalm 119
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2003, 10:16:07 AM »

Ambassador4Christ,

I'm still patiently waiting.........

Psalm 119
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2003, 04:12:07 PM »

Amb4christ, you better pay attention.  Your in BEEG twouble...

(whew it's hot today.  101f in the shade.)

twobombs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2003, 03:49:00 AM »

Psalm119: the USA is mentioned in the bible, as far as I am consurned.....  EG:

Jer 51:33     For thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; The daughter of Babylon [is] like a threshingfloor, [it is] time to thresh her: yet a little while, and the time of her harvest shall come.

Eze 39:6     And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelessly in the isles: and they shall know that I [am] the LORD.

Isa 47:8     Therefore hear now this, [thou that art] given to pleasures, that dwellest carelessly, that sayest in thine heart, I [am], and none else beside me; I shall not sit [as] a widow, neither shall I know the loss of children:

Rev 17:18     And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth.

Rev 18:3     For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

I could've just taken the Rev 17:1-18 passage, but i would really like to illustrate this thing with the USA. FYI: severe judgement is coming the the america's , more then I ever could've imagined, btw.

I have prayed for you ppl over there.....  some listen and move into the midlands, or even to cyprus or ethiopia.

Rev 18:10     Standing afar off for the fear of her torment, saying, Alas, alas, that great city Babylon, that mighty city! for in one hour is thy judgment come.

For the believer there is hope though: Jer 51:33 talks about a harvest, clearly pointing to a harvest of souls, both people coming to the faith, and talking about the harvest of souls as it is written in:

Mat 24:39     And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
Mat 24:40     Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

The rapture is here as depicted with as a new type of Noah's arc, the destruction depicted as the flood.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2003, 04:21:42 AM by twobombs » Logged

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2003, 10:43:59 AM »

Twobombs,

I would agree with you that "spiritually" speaking Revelation 17&18 fits the U.S.A.to the tee. We are the spiritual Babylon.(physcial; no)

The point I've been trying to make is that yes! persecution can and will occur in this country. American's will not be exempt from what lies ahead. It saddens me to see so many Christians apathetic to their brothers and sisters around the globe who  suffer for the cause of Christ. Yet, in America there is this arrogance that we are untouchable (Sept 11,2001 proved otherwise).

God is not an American, is my point.

Psalm 119
« Last Edit: July 28, 2003, 10:46:04 AM by Psalm 119 » Logged
twobombs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2003, 01:53:27 PM »

revived babylon, revived roman empire....

You should try `God is an american´ by Trent Raznor

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2003, 05:44:38 PM »

1. Not as long as FoxNews runs that Air ways, Movie star (Eddie Murphy, Johnny Depp) start making good movies so their kids can watch, and Christian Songs are making it to the top chart in all genre’s of music, it will not become illegal.

2. That would depend on what the “State Sanctioned Church” is like. It doesn’t have to be a bad thing. I’m not going to break law just so I can say “Oh, I’m a rebel, I don’t go to the State Church” unless the State church is truly corrupt.

Side Note: Communism isn’t mentioned in the bible either…

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2003, 08:26:11 PM »

*gasp* Tibby, communism isn't in the Bible??

Try this:  The White Horseman is the Pope/Vatican; the Black Horseman is Capitalism; the Red Horseman is Communism...

If you look at the verses there in Revelation, it makes some sense.  Someone pointed this out to me.  Well, I thought it interesting...

Psalm/A4C:  One late night radio minister I used to listen to held that the "ships of Chittim"(or in some renderings, of "gotcha2tim"--hehe) in the OT is the U.S. Sixth Fleet, stationed at Nicosea, on the island of Cypress, in the Med.  It seemed to jibe with some of the prophecies.

Another radio minister holds currently that the leapord is Germany, the Bear Russia, the Lion Great Britain, and something else related to the Lion is the U.S.(I forget which scripture), since the U.S. came out of UK.

Psalm, as for the "underground" church, I'm guessing that that is what it is coming to--all of the outward organized churches are pretty much in bed with commerce and/or government...   Even most Bible colleges, for instance, I'm guessing, in order to just heat their classrooms and feed the pidgeons on the windowsills, will have to bow to the powers that be or, perhaps like the Roman catacombs, really go underground.

I'm guessing that in short order we as Christians will be making some difficult decisions.

Victory is ours, through Jesus Christ, and revenge is the Lord's.  Sometimes I like to recall that Ricardo Montalban line from the Star Trek: The Wrath of Kahn movie:  "Revenge is a dish best served cold" (Mwhahahahahahahahahahahah...)...

But that's for the Lord to decide.  I don't want to have a cold or hard heart.

Still, the things now that are happening are bald, in your face, and people--Christian people--are apparently just looking the other way to what out society is ushering in.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2003, 10:37:59 PM »

You mean the Four horsemen aren’t just a Wrestling staple :-D
I always thought they stood for Death, plague, conquest, etc. And I would have put the Red horseman as the Vatican. Have you seen pics of that place? We are talking about seizure inducting amounts of red here!  

Ok, enough goofing off. What I meant was, it makes no direct comment to Communism. I’m not really into Eschatology (In one of those “It really doesn’t matter “ people), and I’ve never heard this version of the Horsemen (Thou I’m sure it is popular). Can you give me some Webpages on this, on why they feel this?

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2003, 05:35:02 AM »

revived babylon, revived roman empire....

You should try `God is an american´ by Trent Raznor

I am sure if Jesus was in the flesh He would be AMERICAN, and He would vote for G.W. Bush Smiley

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the