Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:52:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Urgent - Intercessory Prayer Needed
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Urgent - Intercessory Prayer Needed  (Read 895 times)
Philippians 4:13

"A live dog is better then a dead lion." (Ecc 9:4)

View Profile WWW
« on: August 19, 2005, 02:16:28 PM »

I guess I'll give a little back-ground information first. I'm going to use their first names also so that if you decide to add them to your daily or weekly prayer list, you can pray for them by name.

I met Charlie and Julie about seven or eight years ago. They both worked at the same place I did. I worked with them for about eight months and then I left the job. I never knew they were Christians. About a year or so after I left the job, I got really bad into drugs, so I called my mom and asked her if I could move in with her to get my life back on track. My mom also lives here and worked at the same place as Charlie and Julie.

Well, I decided to go back and see if I could have my old job back. They let me work there again and both my mom and Charlie & Julie were still employed there. Our employer ended up joining a local softball tourney and I played. So did Charlie and Julie. After our last game, Julie approached me and asked if I would want to go to church with them. I said sure, not thinking anything but I was just being nice. To make a long story short, I went to church with them and ended up getting saved. So, Charlie and Julie literally saved my life.

Now to the prayer request. Recently, my wife and I had Charlie and Julie over for dinner. After they left our house, they picked up a hitchhiker and ended up taking him home to feed him dinner. This guy firmly believes he is a prophet from God. But to tell the truth, he is an evil man blinded by satan. Satan has a firm hold on this man and he ended up getting Charlie and Julie hooked. I forgot to add that Charlie's dad is the Pastor at the Assembly of God church in the town where they live.

Anyway, we got to Charlie before it was too late and he is back with us. We were scared for him for a while because when we all got there, he was basically catatonic. He was firmly in satan's grasp. He truly believed what this hitchhiker was selling. Well, we got to him and with-in three days we prayed him back from satan's grasp. Julie, on the other hand, is a lost soul right now.

She ended up telling Charlie that they were never married in God's eyes even though it was Charlie's dad, the Pastor (I believe), who married them. Anyway, Julie says they were married before man and not God so she told Charlie that they are now divorced. She also told her parents that they aren't her parents. Don't understand where that came from or how this hitchhiker got her to believe that, but her parents are just devastated. Julie grew up in the church and has been a saved Christian since she was a young girl. So you can see what a shock this is and why it it's so hard to fathom just how easily satan got her to change her values, beliefs and whatnot within three days.

So I'm here, on my knees before God, asking anyone and everyone who will to pray for Julie's salvation, to pray for Charlie's and Julie's reconciliation and pray for this hitchhiker to see that satan is the one he is working for and for God to really open his eyes to the Truth. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. This hitchhiker guy also believes that the only book in the Bible that is inspired by God is Revelation because in Revelation it says that God commanded John to write it but it doesn't say that in any other book. I know, we know that all of the Bible is God's Word and that the whole Bible and all of scripture is the inspired Word of God.

There, kind of a long prayer request, but there it is. If I didn't make myself clear enough (as I know I'm ranting a little because this hits so close to home), you can send me a PM and I'll clear it up for you. But I do ask that you keep Charlie and Julie, their church, the hitchhiker and all of us involved in trying to reach Julie (to get her back), I ask that you keep us in your prayer. And if it's God's will, that he will restore this whole situation to where it needs to be in order to fulfill His devine plan.

Thank you so much for those of you that choose to intercede for us. God bless you all.

In His Service,
Robert

[shadow=slategray,left,down]"I would rather live my life as if there is a God, And die to find there isn't, Than live my life as if there isn't, And die to find out there is."[/shadow]  
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2005, 11:16:12 PM »

Philippians 4:13, of course Julie has my prayers. And welcome back, I haven't seen you on in a while.

Resting in the arms, of our Lord.
Bob

Jeremiah 33:6 Behold, [in the future restored Jerusalem] I will lay upon it health and healing, and I will cure them and will reveal to them the abundance of peace (prosperity, security, stability) and truth.

Philippians 4:13

"A live dog is better then a dead lion." (Ecc 9:4)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2005, 02:10:50 AM »

Thank you DW. I have been staying busy over at The Fifth Day with Bronze and also, life has been kinda weird lately, as you can see with this prayer request.

Also, I have been going to worship team practice for my church as a back up drummer and now it looks as though we are going to start a youth worship team where I'll be the main drummer. Cannot wait for that.

God Bless,
Robert

[shadow=slategray,left,down]"I would rather live my life as if there is a God, And die to find there isn't, Than live my life as if there isn't, And die to find out there is."[/shadow]  
TEXASGRANDMA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2005, 08:14:58 PM »

Robert,
Please keep us informed and of course we I will pray for your friends.  
betty

hugs and prayers,
Betty
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the