Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 10:54:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286800 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Witnessing (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Witnessing tips
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Witnessing tips  (Read 12268 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2005, 06:44:10 PM »

Hi Kris777,

Some good information in regards to JW's can be found on "The Fifith Day". Just click on the link at the bottom of my post and then scroll down to the section under cults and click on Jehovah's Witnesses. There is even a portion on witnessing to JW's there.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2005, 11:18:51 PM »

Hello Kris777,

I wondered where you were. Maybe you can drink lemonade, relax, and post here all at the same time.  Cheesy

Yes, I do remember the thread you started about "Jesus is God", and I'm glad that you got to put some Scriptures to use. Please remember there are two massive threads in the same area and on the same topic, "Jesus Is God". You should find enough Scripture there to witness to dozens of JW's.

Sister, the JW's aren't saved for the same reason that those in Islam aren't saved. JESUS was not just a man, a prophet, a teacher, etc. JESUS was and is VERY GOD! Just a man would be dead and buried, but JESUS arose from the dead on the third day and is our LIVING LORD AND SAVIOUR FOREVER!

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

Sister, if JESUS was just a man and nothing more, HE would represent just another false god with a little "g", an idol, a rock, and whatever else false religions have worshiped as gods for all history. None of those false gods, rocks, or statues have ever saved anyone. JESUS CHRIST was the only perfect sacrifice because HE was PERFECT, HOLY, AND VERY GOD! Our LIVING SAVIOUR is the only way for salvation.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Hebrews 12:1-2 NASB  Therefore, since we have so great a cloud of witnesses surrounding us, let us also lay aside every encumbrance and the sin which so easily entangles us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2005, 12:00:52 AM »

Pastor Roger, I just got done reading what is posted on The Fifth Day and I think that it will help me temendiously.  Thank you.  I also have a Christian video about Jehovah Witness that I want to go over too.  He is coming back next Friday at 2:00.  Pray for me please and for his salvation.  He was interested in the study that I put together (I believe with God's help) and couldn't wait to look over it.  On some parts I think we got him thinking.

Love in Christ,
Kristen

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

Jesus is our first, last and only hope.  Without Him we would be nothing.
Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2005, 12:16:03 AM »

Hi BEP.  I didn't see your post until I posted my last one.  Yes I am still alive. Grin  I am vveerryy busy with school and work.  I don't like it, but hey, what am I going to do?  

Thanks for everything, Pastor Roger and BEP.  I find value in your answers and they mean alot to me.  I enjoy reading your posts and studies and being around people that are spiritually mature.

Love in Christ,
Kristen
« Last Edit: September 22, 2005, 12:16:59 AM by Kris777 » Logged

Romans 10:9  "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth thy Lord Jesus and believe in thy heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved."

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2005, 09:37:03 AM »

Hi Kriss. Glad to see you. Be very careful with Jehova's Witnesses, they are very sly, and the sad thing is that they know so many verses, that they can quote word for word that will make your head spin, and if you are not careful you might get caught up in their lies, that is exactly what the enemy tries to do just as the Bible mentions, they are like wolves, dressed in sheep's clothing.
From what I understand, Jehovah Witnesses, do not believe in the Trinity, they don't even believe that the Holy Spirit is a person. They think the Holy Spirit is nothing but a force, or breath that God uses, they believe that Jesus is the Son of God, because they say that Jesus is the first begotten Son of God. I think they are reffering to the spiritual realm, not the earthly, physical realm. So as far as they are concerned they think that Jesus was just an observer when God created the heaven and earth. They also deny the rapture, they say that Jesus is not comming back for his church again and that the 144,000 are only those that are chosen by God. I once asked a Jehovah Witness how these 144,000 knew they were the elite, she couldn't tell me all she could say is they had revelation knowledege, when I mentioned to her that this revelation knowledge comes from the Holy Spirit living within a born again Christian she was upset and quickly left. They also believe that the only people that are allowed to partake of communion are only the elite, anyone else that partakes of Holy Communion is blaspheming. They also believe that because Peter dreamt that God had told him that all things were made clean and that were good for food; but they do not believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit. They say it was just for the ones that were in the upper room on Pentecost. They also believe that it is alright to drink alcholic beverages, as long as you don't get drunk. Their beliefs are mixed, they have beautiful literature, and they know a lot about very little. This is a very deep suject, it is good to familiarize yourself with some of their beliefs, but when you do this do it in the light of God's Word, be viligent, and seek God in prayer asking Him to keep you from falling prey. I am sure that there are a lot of wonderful people who are Jehovah Witnesses, and they have been deceived, they think that they are following GOD's Word. They are sincere, we must always keep in mind the Apostle Paul, he was on of the worst persecutors of Christians. Yet God chose him to do a great work for Him, and because of his zealousness towards GOD, Paul became one of the most beloved apostles.  http://www.watchtowerinformationservice.org/

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2005, 12:00:52 PM »

My question is, what make's them a cult?  They believe in Jesus from what I understand for salvation but don't believe Jesus is God.  They also don't believe in the Trinity?  This makes them a cult, doesn't it?  Anyway, can someone be saved but don't think that Jesus is God?  Is there bible verses that you guys know of that would show them further that he is indeed God?

Hi sister, here is some food for thought.

Jehovah's Witnesses
Watchtower Bible and Tract Society

It was founded by Charles T. Russell in 1852, though the first formal organization was in Pittsburgh in 1872.

- 3 million members worldwide, and 926,614 in the USA, with 9,985 Kingdom or Assembly Halls (in 1994).

- Address: 117 Adams Street, Brooklyn, NY 11202 (called "Bethel").

- Before, they have been called "Millennial Downists", "International Bible Students", and "Russsellites", after their first leader.

... Their official name, is not "Jehovah's Witnesses", but an Incorporated Society, the "Wathtower Bible and Tract Society" ... in this Society, the leaders are elected by the number of "stocks" they have; the "President of the Society" is the one who has more stocks... the members do not vote, they do not count, even though they are the ones who bring the money, selling Bibles, Books, the Watchtower, Tracts... the actual President is Milton G. Henschel, since 1993.

Very active members:

The Witnesses are very active, selling 100,000 books and Bibles, and 800,000 copies of its two magazines, daily!... from home to home...

False Prophecies:

The Witnesses are the children of the Adventists, and as the Adventists, they have officially announced the Second Coming of Christ and the Armageddon for 6 dates: 1914, 1918, 1920, 1925, 1941, and 1975... and never came!...

... The prophet whose prophecies are not fulfilled is a "false prophet"... on everything!.

... But the Society, and the money, keeps going on, because every time there was an "strange explanation", swallowed by some members: After the 1914 failure, the explanation was that Christ did not come to earth, but "became king in heaven", and cast out Satan, with the consequent World War I... After the 1975 failure, there was another explanation ready: The witnesses were told that Adam's creation was in 4026 B.C., and 6,000 years later would be the Second Coming of Christ, in 1975; when the date passed, many members left the Society, but others followed Franz's explanation that the 6,000-year chronology was set forward not since Adam, but since Eve's creation, and the leaders do not know the interval between the creation of Adam and Eve!...

... Henschel, the actual President, has not set a fixed date, only that it will be in the early 2,000s.

"Little Popes"... "Blood Transfusions":

The Witnesses reject the "successor of Peter" of Matt.16:19, the Catholic Pope... but they have their "little Popes", not the successor of Peter, they are self- proclaimed, but much more demanding that the real Pope:

... For example, Russell permitted the "Blood Transfusions", and said "only he with the mentality of a pharisee can prohibit them"... so, at that time all the Witnesses read in the Bible that the Blood Transfusions were a good thing to do...

... But then came their second "little Pope", Rutherford, and "prohibit the Blood Transfusions"... and since then, every Witness reads in the Bible that the Blood Transfusions are prohibited... the 3 million of them!... and if anyone dears to say that the Blood Transfusions are permitted, he will be "disfellowshiped", cast out of the Society, and the rest of the members will consider him as dead, they are forbidden even to speak with him... and the "excommunicated apostate" is told he will not rise from the grave on Judgment Day...

... How come at least 10 Witnesses don't read in the Bible that the Transfusions are permitted, like other 2,100 million Christians do?... you know the reason: Because the actual "little Pope" says so... if another Russell would come, all of them will read in the Bible that Transfusions are good!

... One of the big problems about the Transfusions is that Jesus repeats 4 times "you have to drink my blood", in Jn.6:53-56... but they dismiss it as a "symbol", as told by their "little Popes".

- Some members have been "disfellowshiped" for reading books written by ex-members, or eating with a suspected dissenter... and if a Witness says that "Jesus Christ is God", he will be the worst apostate!...

The "144,000"... the "Brainwash":

The key word for the Society is the "Second Coming of Christ", with the war of Armageddon, won by Jesus Christ, and the beginning of the "Millennium" of Rev.20.

- The Witnesses are told to work hard "now", because from that Day, the 144,000 "anointed ones" since 1914 will live for ever as kings and priests in heaven, as told in Rev.7 and 20; and the "Great Multitude" of Rev.7, will rise from their graves to live for ever on earth like in a paradise, ruling earth under the tutelage of the 144,000 during the "Millennium", ... but only the good Witnesses!... the rest of the wicked people will be annihilated in the Millennium... and the "apostate Witnesses" will not raise from the grave on Judgment Day, at the Second Coming of Christ.

- These ideas, of "raising from the graves" to "rule earth", "like a paradise"... are the basis for the brainwash of the members with biblical after long biblical lectures... and their leaders become like gods for them... there is no other world for a Witness...

... And there are many good honest Witnesses... but brainwashed... no biblical reason makes sense for them, only what they are told in the Kingdom Hall... I pray Jesus to give light to any honest Witness who reads these lines, and I order Satan to get out of his heart, in the glorious name of Jesus, because only Satan can praise Jesus by saying that "Jesus is not God". Thank you, my Lord and my God Jesus Christ... proclaimed just like that in the Bible, in the Gospel of St. John 20:28.

Jesus Christ "is not God"!:

The Jehovah's Witnesses discard most orthodox doctrines of the Bible, conflicting with those of historic Christianity:

- The Holy Trinity is seen as a demonic doctrine, Jesus christ is stripped of his deity, is not God!, the Holy Spirit is robbed of his personality... they deny the physical resurrection of Christ, and there is not eternal Hell... their doctrines on the sufficiency of Christ's atonement, on human government, and on the existence of the soul are not biblical...

- The worst of them all is to say that "Jesus is not God": But their Bible says emphatically the "Jesus is God", on John 20:28, proclaiming Jesus "my Lord and my God"... "Lord"... "God"... the Bible says Jesus is God!... directly... just like that!.

... John 1:1-3, says it also directly; however, in their Bible, Knorr added an "a"... "is a god", and he put not "God", but "god"... but verse 3 says that "all things came into being through him, and without him not one thing came into being".

- Colossians 1:16-17, also proclaims that "all things" were made by Christ and for Christ... but again, Knorr adds "(other)" several times between "all things", trying to water down the creation of all things by Jesus Christ, material and spiritual... but in Jn.1:3 says it so clearly!... and here Knorr forgot to put the word "(other)" in between...

The Society is the worst vomit of Satan...

... only Satan can may you praise Jesus Christ, by saying the "Jesus Christ is not God"... only Satan can make you living only expecting the Second Coming of Christ, with his great victory of Armageddon, and proclaiming that "Jesus Christ is not God".

They "changed" the "Bible":

Knorr, the third president of the Society, published the Bible of the Society, "The New World Translation"... changing and adding words in many verses... and the Bible says, "if anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him every plague mentioned in the book" (Rev.22:18).

- He changed or added words to verses relating to the "deity of Christ", the "adoration of Christ", the "immortality of the soul", the "eternal Hell"... (Jn.1:1, Colos.1:14-16, 2:9-10, Fil.2:5, Tit.2:13, Heb.1:6, 8, 2Pet.1:1, Matt.28:17, Luc.24:52, 23:43, Matt.25:56)

The Life of a Witness:

It is a strange one: Do not observe holidays or birthdays. Do not vote, salute the flag, work in the military, play chess... no Sabbath is observed, they meet on Sundays to study their Bible... they work haad, "door to door"... making money for the Society.

Resting with the Lord.
Bob

Galatians 5:20  Doctrinal heresy is a sin against God

Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2005, 09:58:53 AM »

Thanks DW and everyone else that has helped me.  I think that this time all I am going to do is give him verses of why Jesus is God.  I hope that my JW packet comes in the mail soon.  It has photocopies of Watchtower magizines dating back 100 years.  They show all the failed prophecies that the wittenesses set.  That ought to rock that dude's unstable foundation. Grin  Pray for me o Friday at 2:00 because he is coming back.  I hope to get him to come back again to see the packet.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2005, 11:38:45 AM »

Thanks DW and everyone else that has helped me.  I think that this time all I am going to do is give him verses of why Jesus is God.  I hope that my JW packet comes in the mail soon.  It has photocopies of Watchtower magizines dating back 100 years.  They show all the failed prophecies that the wittenesses set.  That ought to rock that dude's unstable foundation. Grin  Pray for me o Friday at 2:00 because he is coming back.  I hope to get him to come back again to see the packet.
Please let us know what happens. Cheesy I will be praying for you Kris.

Resting in the hands, of Jesus.
Bob

Daniel 2:21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:

Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2005, 03:19:37 PM »

Today I got my JW papers!!  The funny thing is I was just thinking about them when I got home.  I was in the car and I said in my mind to God that if he wants me to use them could they please come very soon, not knowing that they were already laying on my doormat.  I listened to the CD that they came with.  This is alot of information.  I sure hope that God gives me the right words to say because I feel so overwhelmed at all of the information that was given to me.  I think that I have alot of studying to do.  I guess the best thing that I can do is first take a deep breath, pray about it, study it and trust that God will be with me when I do this.  I know he will, but I can't help but being excited and nervous at the same time.  It is like up until this time I was shouting insults at the gaint, but now I am going to go and smack the gaint on the head.

Thanks everyone for your prayers and support.  I truly hope that this changes this guys life.  I know that God's word never dies and will be put to good use in this.  I think that I will state why Jesus is God and then go into this packet.

God bless,
Kristen.

airIam2worship
Global Moderator
Gold Member

Early In The Morning I Will Praise The Lord

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2005, 04:02:33 PM »

Kriten, I can feel your excitement. I am praying for you, remember greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world. Be confident that the Holy Spirit will bring to rememberance the things you should say.
GOD is good.

PS 91:2 I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in Him will I trust
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2005, 04:41:02 PM »

It is like up until this time I was shouting insults at the gaint, but now I am going to go and smack the gaint on the head.

God bless,
Kristen.
Cheesy Smack that giants head! Cheesy

I will pray for you Kristen that, God speaks through you. So that the glory of God, shines!

Resting in the hands, of Jesus.
Bob

Ezekiel 3:18 When I say unto the wicked, Thou shalt surely die; and thou givest him not warning, nor speakest to warn the wicked from his wicked way, to save his life; the same wicked man shall die in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at thine hand.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2005, 10:15:53 PM »

Hello Sister Kristen,

I will also pray for you. I do trust God that HE will guide and direct you.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Corinthians 9:8 NASB  And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed;

Kris777
Gold Member

God is awesome!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2005, 09:55:18 PM »

They didn't come Undecided.  I wanted them really badly to be here.  Maybe they will remember and come Wednesday?  He said that that is his "witnessing" day.  If not, they come to our campus once in awhile and if I see him I'm have to invite him over.  I was all prepared and everything.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2005, 01:22:44 AM »

They didn't come Undecided.  I wanted them really badly to be here.  Maybe they will remember and come Wednesday?  He said that that is his "witnessing" day.  If not, they come to our campus once in awhile and if I see him I'm have to invite him over.  I was all prepared and everything.

Hello Sister Kris,

If God means it to be, it WILL BE! Sister, please don't get upset if this doesn't work out. Your heart was willing, and you put forth effort to do God's work. If not this time, God will give you many opportunities in the future.

Sister, I just wish that all of God's children had the same desire in wanting to be used by God. If we all had the same attitude and effort, this world would be a brighter place.

Love in Christ,
Tom

Romans 5:1-2 NASB  Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2005, 09:45:17 AM »

Sister, I just wish that all of God's children had the same desire in wanting to be used by God. If we all had the same attitude and effort, this world would be a brighter place.

AMEN!!

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the