Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 17, 2024, 10:35:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286860 Posts in 27569 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Movies (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  "The Passion" (Mel Gibson)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "The Passion" (Mel Gibson)  (Read 46585 times)
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: September 25, 2003, 03:39:37 PM »

Yeah, I would form a group of Knights with the soul purpose of punishing Priests who do such things. I would not make the Priest leave, they would have to stay and face the Bostonian’s under the Watchful eye of my Vatican Knights. Of course, they would also be demoted to Deacons. And all of this is AFTER my Knights pistol whip the holy water out of them in the town squire. And Mr. Law... well... lets just say he would be wearing the Miter in a not so traditional fashion...

People who abuse Childern of God is one thing, but when you abuse Childern of God, who are Childern in the phycial, it is trouncing time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for Fasting being unscriptural... well, I guess Shakespeare left that part out, uh? lol, only kidding, Jason. Lighten up, bro!

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2003, 09:42:00 AM »

Corpus:  ""ENABLER."

Whew.  Now there's a topic.   We could have a whole thread on that.

Like to enable others, is that like, the same thing as "complicity"?

(hehe)

Corpus
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2003, 10:22:14 AM »

Symph,

Honesty isn't always the most palatable dish, but it is the only true health-food no matter how its flavor changes.

Are the involved bishops culpable?
You bet.

Were they complicit?
I guess that needs to be evaluated case by case. Some were just plain dolts in not seeing the obvious. Others were simply evil (ergo complicit) in refusing to treat a spade like a spade.

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2003, 07:31:11 PM »

Hmmmm...

Corpus
« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2003, 10:44:19 AM »

Symph,

e-mail me then. I respect your objectivity too much to let you keep quiet and am curious on your opinion.
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2003, 06:39:14 AM »

Saved,

Is this going to become a   "my fast is bigger than your fast"  argument?

No fasting is not about "giving up" something you like for a while.  Fasting is to have nothing but water or maybe juice and being in serious meditation over the Word.  It has nothing to do with temporarily trying not to use something you like.

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2003, 06:43:14 AM »

Yeah, I would form a group of Knights with the soul purpose of punishing Priests who do such things. I would not make the Priest leave, they would have to stay and face the Bostonian’s under the Watchful eye of my Vatican Knights. Of course, they would also be demoted to Deacons. And all of this is AFTER my Knights pistol whip the holy water out of them in the town squire. And Mr. Law... well... lets just say he would be wearing the Miter in a not so traditional fashion...

People who abuse Childern of God is one thing, but when you abuse Childern of God, who are Childern in the phycial, it is trouncing time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for Fasting being unscriptural... well, I guess Shakespeare left that part out, uh? lol, only kidding, Jason. Lighten up, bro!

I never said fasting wasn't scriptual, just the phoney version cathlics and such use.

I also can't believe you would even allow any child molestor ANY position in the church after already abusing their position in the first place.

Angry  Some people, you're no better than them, I say put them in prison.  The criminals will be sure to take care of them.  Even the most wretched of law breakers have a sentence for that one.....

Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2003, 08:17:44 AM »

Why would the Jewish people be offended by the film?

Tamara.
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2003, 10:42:30 PM »

They claim it'll promote anti-semitism.   Roll Eyes  Anything to not have to hear about the Truth of Jesus I suppose.

Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2003, 10:54:20 PM »

That astonishes me!  And, it is ridiculous.  I believe the film is factual so why not stick to the facts.  We have so much rubbish on films today and when they bring out one about Jesus which deals with the truth! Bingo!
The amount of research which would have gone into that film would have been amazing.
Love..Tamara.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2003, 04:06:18 PM »

Mel Gibson is agonizing over whether to leave in the script, the quote from Matthew, by Caiphus(?), "His blood be upon us and our children", to Pilate.

Apparently, he's leaving it out, b/c of the confirmation it tends to suggest, that the persecution of the Jews down through the centuries confirms that "prophecy" of Caiphus, thereby (very narrowly, I might add) implicating the Jews in Jesus's death.

In effect, then, the whole movie potentially dramatizing Jewish fault, thus antisemitic.

A very bigoted interpretation to me:  The Romans had the final say--they were Gentiles(pagans).  Both are guilty.  WE are guilty.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2003, 08:29:38 PM »

Ok, technically, it is all our fault, he had to die for our sins. But historically, it was the Jews own bigotry and hatred of the man that  killed Jesus. Yeah, the Romans could do the opposite of what the people wanted, but what kind of leaders would they be had they done so? If, in the next Election, we all voted for Bush, and he wins by a land slide, and the Electoral College all made votes of no confidence, giving it to the Democrat candidate, what would that turn into? One big mess, that is what. The Jewish where a rebellious people as it was, they never gave Rome a moments rest. They would have a major problem had they left Jesus go. The roman officials let the people choose, as a good leader should. The leader is there to aid the people, not to control them.

Matthew 27:24
When Pilate saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproar was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. "I am innocent of this man's blood," he said. "It is your responsibility!"

He tried to talk to them, they just wouldn't listen. Better one man to die, then for many more to be killed in a riot!

Pilate should have gotten a Bumper sticker: "Don't blame me, I voted Barabbas" Smiley
« Last Edit: October 05, 2003, 08:33:55 PM by Tibby » Logged

Saved_4ever
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2003, 02:59:49 AM »

Careful tib's, with that mentality you walk a VERY thin line of doing wrong just because the "people" want it.  If that is your belief than this country belongs right where it is and us silly Christians need to be quiet.   Undecided

I really want you to think about that for a little while.  Actually analize what you just said.  The WHOLE point of the electoral college is to stop mob rule, and do the "proper" thing.

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2003, 09:01:25 AM »

It was a thing of the great good for the greatest number. A good leader knows he can't pelase all of the people all of the time, so in a case where voilance may be the outcome, the large majority of the people was the only "proper" choice. In the mind of a Roman offical, one mans life didn't warrent a riot that would end many more lives. If they where willing to release Barabbas to kill this man, they must have wanted him dead pretty badly. Badly enough to go post-superbowl on the Pilate and the whole Roman Government in the area. From the Harden roman Soilder to the pretty little blonde chick in working the bathhouse. It would have been a rampage. Can you say "Boston"? In the rampage, there is a VERY good chance they would have found and killed Jesus, anyways. As Matthew said, Pilate saw all of this, and he knew the outcoume would be disastrous!

Pilate made the correct choice, he stopped what could have been a blood mess. He kept the peace, for a time, anyway, and you are telling me that isn't the "Proper" thing?

Tamara

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2003, 09:37:33 AM »

Jesus actually came to this earth in human form to die a horrible death for all of us.
His death was horrific and no film could really do it justice.  The fact is that He was so badly tortured he died so much faster than the thieves.
Pilate and the others were actually like actors on earth..the prophecy had to be fulfilled.  Father's timing is perfect.  He chose the moment of His Son's birth - and death.  He also chose those who would be His apostles - even to Judas.
I think the saddest past of it all was that Jesus had to suffer so much because mankind, both past and future were wicked.
His sacrifice made Us what we are today.  And, it brought new hope, new faith, new life.

Love...Tamara.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the