Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:39:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  Questions, help, suggestions, and bug reports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Blog, blogs?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blog, blogs?  (Read 11268 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« on: August 05, 2005, 02:20:03 AM »

Okay, I maybe a little behind the times. What is a blog?
Christians Unite Blogs

God is Love
Bob

Deuteronomy 7:13 And He will love you, bless you, and multiply you; He will also bless the fruit of your body and the fruit of your land, your grain, your new wine, and your oil, the increase of your cattle and the young of your flock in the land which He swore to your fathers to give you.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 03:33:33 AM »

Blog is actually short for Web Log.

It's a type of web page that is generally associated with an on line personal journal or diary of sorts with that person's specific interests.

Many of them are categorized by topic or category, and some of them are formatted to send and receive as news type feeds when they are updated. Most generally, a blog is updated frequently, maybe even daily.

I don't have one, but I have thought about making one. If I did, mine would be Christian and would probably consist of daily Bible Scriptures and thoughts associated with those Scriptures. However, they are done in just about every topic you can think of. I'm positive that the ones allowed on Christians Unite will be G-rated, and I don't know yet if they will be formatted for retrieval like a news feed.

I subscribe to quite a few free ones using the news feed functions of Firefox. I use an extension called Sage to check for changed content and retrieve what I have time for. Holler if you want more information.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Hebrews 13:15-16 ASV  Through him then let us offer up a sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of lips which make confession to his name.  But to do good and to communicate forget not: for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2005, 01:27:34 AM »

Brother Tom, thanks for the information. I do have the sage extension, though I don't use it much.

My Lord, is a loving Lord.
Bob

Hosea 9:3 They shall not remain in the Lord's land, but Ephraim shall return to [another] Egypt and they shall eat unclean food in Assyria.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2005, 01:54:42 AM »

Brother Bob,

I don't know all of the tricks in using Sage, but I do use it every day with the really easy functions. I started my subscription list with a key word search. Example:  Do a search for "Bible Prophecy" and review what you get. Put the results that you like in your subscription list. You can then get updated information from that site whenever you want to.

It's really handy because you can quickly retrieve plain text briefs from your subscribed sites. If something peaks your interest, you click the article and get the complete page. So, it's a very quick way to check all kinds of updated information very quickly and spend time only on what you know already interests you. It saves a ton of surfing time. One of my key word searches was "Top News", so I now have a short list of sites that I can retrieve briefs of leading news stories from in less than a minute. I pick and choose which stories I want to read completely. I might add there are tons of excellent Christian sites that can be accessed with Sage. It's really pretty easy once you've tried it a couple of times.

Love in Christ,
Tom

1 Peter 2:13-14 ASV  Be subject to every ordinance of man for the Lord's sake: whether to the king, as supreme;  or unto governors, as sent by him for vengeance on evil-doers and for praise to them that do well.

smokey the dog

Ankle Biter

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2005, 05:43:36 AM »

So why can't you use your signon from the forums for the blog?

I regestered for the blog, and thinking they wanted my real name for the files, I entered it. To my dismay, it appears in the ifo block for the blog! So I cancelled. I want a blog for Smokey the dog not his master.

Don't make me come out there!

Dog
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2005, 06:48:13 AM »

So why can't you use your signon from the forums for the blog?

I regestered for the blog, and thinking they wanted my real name for the files, I entered it. To my dismay, it appears in the ifo block for the blog! So I cancelled. I want a blog for Smokey the dog not his master.

Hello Brother Smokey,

I really don't know what to tell you. I've never tried a blog and don't know much about them. I assume that you are talking about the free blogs offered by Christians Unite.

I have thought about making a blog on Christians Unite because a close friend has one here and said it wasn't hard to do. Her name is Pat Scott and I've visited her blog several times. She's a very sweet Christian friend, and her blog is a beautiful testimony for our Lord and Saviour, JESUS CHRIST.

Smokey, I don't know anything about the rules or setup procedures for the free blogs on Christians Unite. Maybe the answer to your questions is in the rules and instructions for the Christians Unite blog. If not, click the ADMIN button and it should open up your email program to send an email to the Administrator of Christians Unite.

I'm sorry that I don't have an answer for you. I have been praying about making one, but I just haven't had the time or energy to do it yet.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 17:21-23 NASB  that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me and I in You, that they also may be in Us, so that the world may believe that You sent Me. "The glory which You have given Me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as We are one; I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that You sent Me, and loved them, even as You have loved Me.

smokey the dog

Ankle Biter

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005, 09:06:05 PM »

Thanks, I didn't know who was in charge of what.

Don't make me come out there!

Dog
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 01:30:35 AM »

Brother Smokey,

You are most welcome, and I'm sorry that I was unable to help you. You have to remember that I'm an old junkyard dog, and I'm just now learning about some of the new-fangled stuff.  Cheesy

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 5:8-9 NASB  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.  Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2005, 10:39:07 PM »

Grin I'm having a wonderful experience with the blog - I'd never done it before but the set up was soooo easy I just "fell into it".... but I DO have a  Huh

I signed up for a guestbook and was accepted, but now I don't know how to place the "guestbook" button on the blog page .... can anyone enlighten this computer illiterate?

Blessings-

ps: I'll need detailed instructions .....   Wink

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2005, 01:04:11 AM »

Grin I'm having a wonderful experience with the blog - I'd never done it before but the set up was soooo easy I just "fell into it".... but I DO have a  Huh

I signed up for a guestbook and was accepted, but now I don't know how to place the "guestbook" button on the blog page .... can anyone enlighten this computer illiterate?

Blessings-

DOn't look at me, I haven't tried that yet. I have set up my own websites, but I don't have a clue, about that. Lips Sealed Roll Eyes Cry Huh Embarrassed

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2005, 06:12:04 AM »

Blessings-

I know very little about the Blog Pages myself. I haven't set one up yet so I don't know if the guestbook can even be put on the blog page or not. I would suggest using the "contact us" located at the bottom of the blogs section. I am sure that you will get someone there that will be able to answer your questions on it.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2006, 03:19:20 PM »

OK then there young brother Techie, how do I paste my guestbook onto my blog?

Praising His Name-

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2006, 09:51:51 AM »

I'm young, and a little techie.

Hi Mr 5020,

I'm old but still classified a techie. I first started out with computers in 1974. Yes, it was a dinosaur. It took the biggest part of a very large building to house it. That was for the Navy. Since then I worked on and with many computers. I was one of the first in the Navy to use one that connected through a satellite.

I had one of the first game computers that came out for home use and then in 1986 built my own home desk top unit. That was before "windows" when computers used Dos or some other more difficult program. I also used many industrial computers that use machine language and ladder diagram programing.

I have been concentrating on other things recently so some of the newer things coming out in the last 5 years have me a little baffled but I turn to one of my sons for that. He works on computers from programing to hardware repair. I call him my "super tech".

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
TalkerCat
Gold Member

ON FIRE FOR THE LORD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2006, 12:52:38 PM »

Thank you, yes I'm talking about the free CU guestbook.  I established a blog page months ago... then I was approved for the guestbook but have no idea how to apply it to the blog.  I appreciate your help young techie brother!

Praising His Name-

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2006, 02:03:07 PM »

Sister Terri,

I could be wrong but from what I see the guestbooks are for Personal web sites not for blog pages.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the