Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 09:23:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The law of Moses/ The law of God
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The law of Moses/ The law of God  (Read 856 times)
herald

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2005, 09:26:33 PM »

Ceremonial Law:

1.  Is called "the law contained in ordinances" (Eph 2:15)
2.  Was spoken by Moses. (Leviticus 1:1-3)
3.  Was written by Moses in a book.  (11 Chronicles 35:12)
4.  Was placed in the side of the ark. (Deuteronomy 31:24-26)
5.  Was nailed to the cross (Colossians 2:14)
6.  Was abolished by Christ (Ephesians 2:15)

10 Commandments:

1.  Is called the "royal law" (James 2:Cool
2.  Was spoken by God (Deuteronomy 4:12,13)
3.  Was written with the finger of God.  (Exodus 31:18)
4.  Was placed in the ark.  (Exodus 40:20; Hebrews 9:4)
5.  Is to "stand forever and ever."  (Psalms 111:7,8)
6.  Was not destroyed by Christ. (Matthew 5:17,18)

Who wrote the Ten Commandments?  We know, that, the Lord did.  Who has the authority to change God's law?  None. The day of worship has always been the seventh day, not the first.

"And on the seventh day God ended his work which he made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.  And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it; because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made."  (Genesis 2:2,3)

"Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy."

"Its just a day..."  It was just a tree in the Garden of Eden and look what happened.

Jesus said, "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.  This is the first commandment."  (If you keep the first four of the 10, you have fulfilled this law.)  "And the second is like unto it.  Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."  (If you keep the last six, you will fulfill this commandment.)  "On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."  (Matthew 22:37-40)

Jesus said, "If ye love me, keep my commandments." (John 14:15)

John said, "He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him."  (1 John 2:4)

The fourth commandment is His seal - We see His name -"Lord" (Yahweh), His title -"God" (Creator), His domain -(Heaven & Earth).  Revelation 14:7 says, "...Fear God, and give glory to him; for the hour of his judgment is come: and worship him that made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and the fountains of waters."

Its about worship and obedience...
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2005, 11:24:24 PM »

Hello Herald,

I see that you are new, so I will WELCOME you. However, I must be honest with you and state that you are the second in the last week to re-introduce this beat up, worn out topic.

I must simply be honest and tell you this topic has been beat to death from every conceivable angle on this forum. The end result is really fairly simple:  probably nobody cares except the false and deceased prophetess Ellen G. White and the Seventh Day Adventists.

Everyone else knows that GOD is LORD over all days, not just one, and JESUS CHRIST is our Sabbath Rest 24/7.

I really doubt that you will find anyone here wanting to beat this dead horse again. Please feel welcome to open any of the below AGAIN. It would also be a good thing for you to read and study the real truth. There's probably a dozen more threads from other folks who also had a one-track Sabbath mind and might not have heard that JESUS did come, and JESUS died on the Cross for our sins. The Old Testament Sabbath was just a shadow, but JESUS is real and LIVING.

Keeping The Sabbath Day

Cults, Different Groups

The Wisdom of the Pharisees

The Gospel of the Kingdom of God

Isaiah 66:22,23 (Sabbath in New Earth)

Unpardonable Sin.......

How To Handle Contradictions In Scripture

Satanic Holy Days

Sabbath

Are You Loyal To God?

E.G. White

Faith And Works

Why Elijah Must Come......

Love In Christ,
Tom

Colossians 2:8 ASV  Take heed lest there shall be any one that maketh spoil of you through his philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ:
Colossians 2:9 ASV  for in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily,
Colossians 2:10 ASV  and in him ye are made full, who is the head of all principality and power:
Colossians 2:11 ASV  in whom ye were also circumcised with a circumcision not made with hands, in the putting off of the body of the flesh, in the circumcision of Christ;
Colossians 2:12 ASV  having been buried with him in baptism, wherein ye were also raised with him through faith in the working of God, who raised him from the dead.
Colossians 2:13 ASV  And you, being dead through your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, you, I say, did he make alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses;
Colossians 2:14 ASV  having blotted out the bond written in ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us: and he hath taken it out that way, nailing it to the cross;
Colossians 2:15 ASV  having despoiled the principalities and the powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it.
Colossians 2:16 ASV  Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of a feast day or a new moon or a sabbath day:
Colossians 2:17 ASV  which are a shadow of the things to come; but the body is Christ's.

Matthew 22:36 ASV  Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?
Matthew 22:37 ASV  And he said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Matthew 22:38 ASV  This is the great and first commandment.
Matthew 22:39 ASV  And a second like unto it is this, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
Matthew 22:40 ASV  On these two commandments the whole law hangeth, and the prophets.

Love In Christ,
Tom
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 11:28:59 PM by blackeyedpeas » Logged

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2005, 12:27:11 AM »

Herald,

I would be negligent if I didn't help you at least some with your reference to Royal Law in James 2:8.

James 2:8 ASV  Howbeit if ye fulfil the royal law, according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself, ye do well:

First, this Scripture already contains what it is talking about, so trying to use it for other purposes is completely false.

There is only one Royal Law, and it is LOVE.

There is no irony at all that this Royal Law was given by Jesus Christ Himself. You can refer to my first post for several portions of Scripture that reveal the truth, but the truth isn't hidden in James 2:8. Here's a few more portions of Scripture that might help you, and NONE of them deal with a day of the week.

John 13:34 ASV  A new commandment I give unto you, that ye love one another; even as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

John 15:12 ASV  This is my commandment, that ye love one another, even as I have loved you.

Galatians 5:14 ASV  For the whole law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.

Romans 13:8 ASV  Owe no man anything, save to love one another: for he that loveth his neighbor hath fulfilled the law.
Romans 13:9 ASV  For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not covet, and if there be any other commandment, it is summed up in this word, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself.
Romans 13:10 ASV  Love worketh no ill to his neighbor: love therefore is the fulfilment of the law.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Galatians 5:1 ASV  For freedom did Christ set us free: stand fast therefore, and be not entangled again in a yoke of bondage.

herald

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005, 09:45:26 PM »

Why is it, that, christians promote the necessity of keeping the Ten Commandments, but, keep only nine, and spiritualize the fourth?

"Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law."  1 John 3:4

Paul said, "Do we then make void the law through faith?  God forbid: yea, we establish the law."  Romans 3:31.

Are you saying, that, if we are in Christ, we can worship other gods? murder? commit adultery? steal?  Then, how can we justify the breaking of the fourth commandment?

God does not force us to keep His commandments, but He does say, that, if we love Him, we will.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005, 10:00:26 PM »

Are we breaking His commandments if we worship Him everyday? After all He says that we are only to keep the Sabbath in the 4th commandment? Should we then not worship him the other 6 days?

Do you travel to and from church on the Sabbath? Do you or a member of your household cook on the Sabbath and if not do you go out to eat? If you eat at home does the dishes get done that day? What else do you do on the Sabbath?

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the