Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:10:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  Questions, help, suggestions, and bug reports (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Fixing The Long Internet Address Problem
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fixing The Long Internet Address Problem  (Read 2667 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2005, 09:26:06 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

Have you ever noticed the problem that extremely long Internet Addresses cause. First, some of the Internet addresses are too long for the forum to even accept, and they don't display at all. Second, many long Internet addresses make for a very wide message that folks have to scroll right and left on every line just to read. Well, there is an easy fix for this problem, and here it is:

The following example doesn't involve a long URL, but it will work for a sample.

Tom Rightmer's Pages

Now, here's what makes it work. Please note that I had to replace the "[]" with "{}" so you could see the actual commands.

[url=VeryLongURLAddress}Name Of The Site{/url}

If you post a message with an extremely long Internet Address, please use the above method for two reasons:  1) super long Internet links will actually work when you click them;  2) folks won't have to scroll right and left on every single line to read the message.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Hebrews 13:6-8 ASV  So that with good courage we say, The Lord is my helper; I will not fear: What shall man do unto me?  Remember them that had the rule over you, men that spake unto you the word of God; and considering the issue of their life, imitate their faith.  Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and to-day, yea and for ever.

admin
Administrator

or don't grow at all!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 01:04:43 PM »

Good information Tom.

However, with this new software, long words are now split up if they are over 75 characters.

soifpeoplewanttotypelikethisanddon'tputaspaceintheirsentenceortheyputawholelineofdashesthenthissoftwareshould splitituplikethislineis.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 01:58:01 PM »

Hello Brother Ray,

This new forum software is GREAT, and there is a lengthy list of improvements. I didn't know about this one yet, and I won't be surprised to find a great many more. I can see now that we will probably need to delete or modify many questions that the moderators have tried to answer in the past. BUT, the new HELP System is wonderful, and it will answer many of the questions. The old help system had very little information in it, so this one is a very welcome change. It has tons of details, and it is first class.

Again, we give thanks for the new forum software and all of your hard work. I'll get with the other moderators, and we will get the obsolete information out of the "Questions and Help" area of the forum. I must also add that the new HELP System is organized very logically, so I know that it will help all of us get comfortable with the new software pretty quickly. Frankly, I was shocked with the amount and quality of the information there. New people should be able to get all the help they need whether a moderator is on the forum or not. In short, the HELP System is GREAT and the people who wrote it deserve a big THANKS and a pat on the back.

Love In Christ,
Tom

2 Corinthians 5:5-8 NASB  Now He who prepared us for this very purpose is God, who gave to us the Spirit as a pledge. Therefore, being always of good courage, and knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord -- for we walk by faith, not by sight -- we are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the