Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:15:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286804 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  China ramping up its military
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: China ramping up its military  (Read 1869 times)
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« on: July 20, 2005, 11:46:17 AM »

Unless you've been in a cave somewhere, you may have noticed China is ramping up its military at an alarming rate.  

China looking beyond Taiwan

China build-up includes missiles, jets, warships

« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 11:47:59 AM by 2nd Timothy » Logged

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Gaurav

Jesus Rocks!!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2005, 12:40:25 PM »

Hey
I'm afraid of China. I think that they could be the next super power.

God = love
Bronzesnake
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2005, 02:12:26 PM »

One of China's top generals stated that, if the U.S. should interfere militarily in Taiwan, China would launch a first strike nuclear attack!

So far, the Chineese government has neither confirmed nor denied the remark.

End times anyone?
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2005, 02:23:24 PM »

One of China's top generals stated that, if the U.S. should interfere militarily in Taiwan, China would launch a first strike nuclear attack!

End times anyone?

I read that statement also in a Chinese newspaper. Currently the U.S. is repositioning our Troops in the Pacific theatre. The respositioning appears to be centered in strategic locations to defend against N Korea and/or China.

This sort of thing was done during the Cold War labeled as "a display of strength".

« Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 02:24:46 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2005, 02:34:09 PM »

End times anyone?

I read that statement also in a Chinese newspaper. Currently the U.S. is repositioning our Troops in the Pacific theatre. The respositioning appears to be centered in strategic locations to defend against N Korea and/or China.

This sort of thing was done during the Cold War labeled as "a display of strength".

I recall hearing about a build up in that region Pastor Roger.
Do you have any details as to what class of vessels are involved? Carriers? Transports?
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2005, 02:42:42 PM »

At the moment it is just the overseas land bases that are being repositioned. I have been watching the fleet (both Pacific and Atlantic) and all I have seen there so far is a normal training exercise that was being conducted about a month or so ago.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2005, 12:39:23 PM »

At the moment it is just the overseas land bases that are being repositioned. I have been watching the fleet (both Pacific and Atlantic) and all I have seen there so far is a normal training exercise that was being conducted about a month or so ago.

Pastor Roger, do you believe the U.S. will respond to a Chinese attack on Taiwan? Also, do you believe China would launch a first strike nuclear attack if the U.S. did intervene?
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2005, 12:57:20 PM »

Hey BRNZ....great to see you back on the board and doing better buddy.

I'm not sure China would use nukes as a first result.   Members of the military have mentioned doing so recently as well in the past regarding Taiwan.   However, China appears to be very active in our hemisphere politically.   They are making friends in South America, Cuba, Panama!, and even trying to buy one of the juiciest oil companies here in the US.   Military analyst are concerned about all this in addition to the military build up, saying it looks like China would like to be active in our hemisphere hoping to put a choke hold on US forces if and when they decide to take Taiwan.

I don't think they would resort to nukes first, but who knows.  As a wise man once said...."I don't know what WWIII will be like, but I know WWIV will be fought with sticks and stones."   Lips Sealed

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2005, 01:39:41 PM »

Hey there, hi there, Bronze.................glad to see you're back at CU...............missed ya and prayed for you.  How are you doing?

Grace and peace,
cris

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2005, 04:13:44 PM »

Pastor Roger, do you believe the U.S. will respond to a Chinese attack on Taiwan? Also, do you believe China would launch a first strike nuclear attack if the U.S. did intervene?
Well, I'm not Pastor Roger. You need to remember, the Chinese have a different look on life. They are not afraid to take a life, at any given time.

*Shudders*

Mark 1:3 "a voice of one calling in the desert, 'Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him.' "
Bob

Romans 9:22 What if God, choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction?

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2005, 04:46:51 PM »

We have a pact with Taiwan to provide weapons, equipment and services to them in the event of an attack against Taiwan. This was enacted in 1979 but still stands strong even today. The Bush cabinet has even stated that they stand ready to honor this pact.

http://www.taiwandocuments.org/tra01.htm#3302

As for Chinas intent. I believe that DW hit it right. It is a very real possibility that China may use a nuclear strike as a first strike. One of their politicians has already made this threat known in a statement to us. The Chinese do not take in consideration the loss of life when it comes to achieving their objectives.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the