Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 09:47:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286806 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Witnessing (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Witnessing to Atheists and Liberal Christians
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Witnessing to Atheists and Liberal Christians  (Read 12867 times)
MusicMedic5150

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2007, 08:40:12 PM »

I have a liberal (will not call her a Christian see why below) at work that I try to witness with. Before I do I pray to the Lord to guide my mind and heart to quote proper scripture. She believes the Bible is old and outdated and does not apply to todays current lifestyles. I have heard this from several other liberals as well. Must be somewhat of a brainwash they employ. My brothers... God's word never changes, gets old or outdated. It applies today as it did 2000 years ago. And Revelation will prove it all to be true. When our Saviour blows that great trumpet to come take us home and punish all those who chose not to follow his command. Chose to ignore Jesus when He was tugging at their heart. Chose to ignore the simple instructions for eternal salvation through the blood of the Lamb. Chose an eternity in Hell with Satan cut off from the light and love of God. If you guys can throw in some good scripture right about now that would be awesome Grin

God is greater than any problem I have!!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2007, 09:51:27 PM »

Amen MusicMedic,

Unfortunately many have been taught that the Bible is outdated. They have been taught all sorts of various and strange doctrines. They are blind to the truth being led by the blind.

Heb 13:8  Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
Heb 13:9  Be not carried about with divers and strange doctrines. For it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace; not with meats, which have not profited them that have been occupied therein.

Mat 7:21  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22  Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
Mat 7:23  And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Mat 7:24  Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
Mat 7:25  And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.
Mat 7:26  And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
Mat 7:27  And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2007, 10:01:43 PM »

Revelation 19:11 NASB  And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war.

Revelation 19:12 NASB  His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself.

Revelation 19:13 NASB  He is clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

Revelation 19:14 NASB  And the armies which are in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, were following Him on white horses.

Revelation 19:15 NASB  From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty.

Revelation 19:16 NASB  And on His robe and on His thigh He has a name written, "KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS."

Revelation 19:17 NASB  Then I saw an angel standing in the sun, and he cried out with a loud voice, saying to all the birds which fly in midheaven, "Come, assemble for the great supper of God,

Revelation 19:18 NASB  so that you may eat the flesh of kings and the flesh of commanders and the flesh of mighty men and the flesh of horses and of those who sit on them and the flesh of all men, both free men and slaves, and small and great."

Revelation 19:19 NASB  And I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies assembled to make war against Him who sat on the horse and against His army.

Revelation 19:20 NASB  And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet who performed the signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image; these two were thrown alive into the lake of fire which burns with brimstone.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2007, 10:04:43 PM »

Revelation 20:1 NASB  Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding the key of the abyss and a great chain in his hand.

Revelation 20:2 NASB  And he laid hold of the dragon, the serpent of old, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years;

Revelation 20:3 NASB  and he threw him into the abyss, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he would not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were completed; after these things he must be released for a short time.

Revelation 20:4 NASB  Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

Revelation 20:5 NASB  The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were completed. This is the first resurrection.

Revelation 20:6 NASB  Blessed and holy is the one who has a part in the first resurrection; over these the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with Him for a thousand years.

Revelation 20:7 NASB  When the thousand years are completed, Satan will be released from his prison,

Revelation 20:8 NASB  and will come out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together for the war; the number of them is like the sand of the seashore.

Revelation 20:9 NASB  And they came up on the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, and fire came down from heaven and devoured them.

Revelation 20:10 NASB  And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Revelation 20:11 NASB  Then I saw a great white throne and Him who sat upon it, from whose presence earth and heaven fled away, and no place was found for them.

Revelation 20:12 NASB  And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds.

Revelation 20:13 NASB  And the sea gave up the dead which were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead which were in them; and they were judged, every one of them according to their deeds.

Revelation 20:14 NASB  Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.

Revelation 20:15 NASB  And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2007, 10:13:22 PM »

Well brothers and sisters, I had something strange happen today at dinner.  Lizzie and I were out to dinner with some friends. 

We were talking about the Lord, when an atheist walked up and spit on me, for talking about Christ.  I said may God bless you son.  Got up and walked to the bathroom to wash my face.  About 30 minutes later this kid walked back in, and asked questions about Christ.  At dinner this young boy came to Christ. 

I've never had a kid come to Christ this way.  Praise God for teachiing me to forgive along time ago.  In my old life, I would have gotten mad about being spit on.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2007, 10:28:29 PM »

Praise God! The love of God does go along way.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
MusicMedic5150

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2007, 05:08:06 AM »

Hey Dream you should have paid for his dinner and wrote God loves you on the receipt.  Grin

God is greater than any problem I have!!
islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2007, 09:40:02 AM »

Praise the Lord. The Lord works in mysterious ways. By thy works and thy actions one never knows when we may lead someone to to accept Jesus as their Lord and Saviour. Well done Brother.

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the