Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:51:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286775 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Witnessing (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Witnessing to Atheists and Liberal Christians
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Witnessing to Atheists and Liberal Christians  (Read 12810 times)
Godzilla1985

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2005, 05:47:04 PM »

I was recently banned from www.christianforums.com for witnessing to the Liberal Christians on there, they were offended by the truth.  As for witnessing to Atheists and Liberal Christians on the internet it is difficult and frusterating.  They have their version of the "truth", then there is THE TRUTH, The Word and The Will of God.  It's not cryptically, it's spelled out.  God's Commandments to Jesus's promise of Salvation to the rules and guidelines to living a joyful and fullfilling life.

While debating with someone that has no moral compass but their own is impossiable, debating in general about these spiritual matters is not recommended.  

It's tough to say, but people will accept it if they want to, God has given all of us free will to accept his Salvation or reject it.  

I learned long ago when I was handing out Bible tracts not to engage in debates and arguements with people, but to only offer The Word.   When I do engage in debates it's been with Theologically Liberal Christians that are giving wrong and harmful information to new Believers and non-believers, which is ultimately harming the new believers, causing the non-believers to stay non-believers, cause problems with-in the congregration, and furthering the discontent towards Chrisitianity.  

The biggest lack is in CHARITY.  Love in Action.  We must love eachother enough to tell them where they are wrong.  Would you allow your young children to play in the street and then you child influenced another child to play in the street?   Hopefully you would not.  

While we are out Witnessing to the lost sheep, remember God's lost children.

Edited for context Error!!  
« Last Edit: July 18, 2005, 09:28:04 PM by Godzilla1985 » Logged
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2005, 11:39:12 AM »

Hi 'Zilla,
I was 'asked to leave' (choke) another "christian" forum sometime back.  I can't remeber my supposed transgression, however, as it turned out, it was a blessing - for I found ChristiansUnite!!!
 Grin

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 01:29:48 PM »

JN, have you been trolling and upsetting other Christian forums again?  Grin LOL  j/k  

Witnessing on forums can most certainly be challenging.   I had recently shared the Gospel on a non Christian forum that I visit (hobbyist site) where the subject of hell was brought up on a thread.   The thread remained civil for the most part, but dispelling doubts of unbelievers does require a certain amount of non combative debating....if you could even call it debate.   As Zilla says, love is crucial, but it can be done.  

I'll be honest, I was very reluctant to involve myself in the discussion at first fearing wild arguments etc, but God was gnawing at me to share.   It turns out, that a prominent member of that forum, who had posted to the thread was killed in a tragic accident not long afterwards.   Talk about a dose of reality!    I pray that God was able to use me as an instrument well enough to reach this young man before his death, as well as the others who read my testimony.

We just never know when we might be the last person to speak about the Gospel to someone who wont be with us tomorrow.   It was a bone jarring reminder to me, how vitally important it is to share the Love of Christ with others around us, and use EVERY opportunity we are given.

May God keep us alert and ready to speak of His undying Love to Mercy to folks we come in contact with.

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 09:58:23 PM »

JN, have you been trolling and upsetting other Christian forums again?
YEP!  That's me!!!!
(Although, when I think of trolling - I think of lunker bass!!)
 Grin

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2005, 10:48:15 PM »

2nd Timothy Said:

We just never know when we might be the last person to speak about the Gospel to someone who wont be with us tomorrow.  It was a bone jarring reminder to me, how vitally important it is to share the Love of Christ with others around us, and use EVERY opportunity we are given.

AMEN 2ND TIMOTHY!

Brother, I pray that God gives us strength, wisdom, and courage  to take advantage of every opportunity HE gives us to witness. It won't be pleasant many times, but God will be with us. We will be scorned and even persecuted, but that is a reasonable service for the ONE who died on the Cross for us.

I was just reflecting on the many times that I didn't listen to that voice that said speak up and stand up. I'm certainly not ashamed of my Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, and I give thanks every day that HE bought me with HIS precious blood. Further, I'm not ashamed or bashful about the Gospel of the Grace of God. I love HIS GOSPEL, and I pray that I would have the courage to die for it. So, my failures to stand up and speak up from time to time must be my weakness, certainly not God's. May God give us strength and willingness to yield and be used every time HE calls.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 1:16  For I am not ashamed of the Gospel (good news) of Christ, for it is God's power working unto salvation [for deliverance from eternal death] to everyone who believes with a personal trust and a confident surrender and firm reliance, to the Jew first and also to the Greek,  (The Amplified Bible)

MusicMedic5150

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 10:39:25 PM »

Is it possible to be a liberal and a Christian?  Grin  Im sorry forgive me that was wrong.

God is greater than any problem I have!!
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 11:33:41 PM »

Is it possible to be a liberal and a Christian?  Grin  Im sorry forgive me that was wrong.
Grin
Hello MusicMedic5150,

This is a great question today because it's very difficult to even define terms these days. As an example, being a Christian 50 years ago had a very easy and well-recognized definition. Today, one needs three pages of details to make it plain what someone means by the term, "Christian".

Love in Christ,
Tom

John 11:25 NASB  Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies,

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 04:23:14 AM »

Yes it is an excellent question and one that deserves to be addressed. The meaning of the word Christian, as so many words of today, has taken on the meaning of whatever the person that is using it wishes it to mean instead of the original useage of the word.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 06:32:03 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I hope this might give some of the older people a laugh. It's really funny when one thinks about how quickly things change and terms used by society change quickly also.

50 years ago, being liberal usually referred to a generous person who gave regularly to the church, missions, charities, and to people less fortunate (i.e. liberal and cheerful giver). This term was rarely used in a negative way. This was simply a happy Christian who enjoyed helping other people. I really don't remember if this term was used in politics or not, but it was certainly used in church.

Being a Christian was just about as simple. A Christian was someone who was a possession of JESUS CHRIST, VERY GOD, and CHRIST was the Head and Core of that person's life. Christians were pretty plain and simple folks where I grew up, and being a Christian meant 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Christians guarded their living testimonies for Christ, and it was a major incident to do something that hurt the LORD'S work in our community. Christians only shopped at Christian businesses, and the vast majority of the city was Christian. Our city has grown 5 or more times the size, and I doubt that I need to tell you that things have changed for the worse in many ways.

Love In Christ,
Tom

from the wind

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2007, 11:45:06 AM »

I was recently banned from www.christianforums.com for witnessing to the Liberal Christians on there, they were offended by the truth.  As for witnessing to Atheists and Liberal Christians on the internet it is difficult and frusterating.  They have their version of the "truth", then there is THE TRUTH, The Word and The Will of God.  It's not cryptically, it's spelled out.  God's Commandments to Jesus's promise of Salvation to the rules and guidelines to living a joyful and fullfilling life.

While debating with someone that has no moral compass but their own is impossiable, debating in general about these spiritual matters is not recommended.  

It's tough to say, but people will accept it if they want to, God has given all of us free will to accept his Salvation or reject it.  

I learned long ago when I was handing out Bible tracts not to engage in debates and arguements with people, but to only offer The Word.   When I do engage in debates it's been with Theologically Liberal Christians that are giving wrong and harmful information to new Believers and non-believers, which is ultimately harming the new believers, causing the non-believers to stay non-believers, cause problems with-in the congregration, and furthering the discontent towards Chrisitianity.  

The biggest lack is in CHARITY.  Love in Action.  We must love eachother enough to tell them where they are wrong.  Would you allow your young children to play in the street and then you child influenced another child to play in the street?   Hopefully you would not.  

While we are out Witnessing to the lost sheep, remember God's lost children. Smiley

I'm new to this scene, but not new to the Lord. So I hope I am doing this right... I was recently witnessing to atheist at the atheistagenda.org. I only got on response to every word I'd spoke. The one response was: "You're stupid and you're crazy, no one takes you seriously." They went as far as to tell me the greatly expected, "just stop". But I know far better than that.
          The point is, I was rejected and ill spoken of to MAX but there was something that came to me through scripture after a while. I read that it was not for us to be given in to those who debate. I then, began to realize that I was spending so much time arguing with the atheist (on their forum) that I forgot to follow the Lord's commandment to us. That we love one another as He loved us.
          This has all been the devil's attempt at dettering me from my blessings and right fellowship. But I praise God for the wisdom to know this. I mean to say that I have found confirmation in your post. But as for the 'Liberal Christians' you must remember that all who claim to be of Israel are not of Israel. In other words, their teachings and ways may be greatly flawed simply because they merely claim to be follower's of Christ.
                                                                              Meditation 

« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 11:47:23 AM by from the wind » Logged

None bow to Vishnu; Yaweh is Sovereign
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2007, 12:35:18 PM »

Hi from the wind.

Welcome to Christians Unite.

Yes, arguing with those that do not want to hear never has accomplished anything. It is especially hard when they are grouped together, emboldening each other.

I hope to see more of your posts here and to have some wonderful fellowship in the Lord.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2007, 08:59:59 AM »

Many times I have found that witnessing to atheists is a bit like the old saying "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink". It doesn't make us stop trying, but it does make the job harder.
As for the liberal Christian, I find their biggest argument is that nothing in the old testament counts anymore. That the blood of Jesus wiped that all away. Which means that keeping God's law of  the 10 commandments no longer applies, homosexuality is normal and okay behavior, and all the lessons we have learned through the verses that give us direction and guidance are no longer important. I had several people tell me that there was nothing in the new testament about homosexuality being wrong or sinful. They were a bit surprised when I hunted down all the verses that showed that idea was totally false.

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2007, 10:39:27 AM »

Although some of the things that we see in the Old Testament has been brought to a completion when Jesus gave His all on the cross, the Old Testament still is the foundation on which the New Testament stands. It still "is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works." That means ALL from Genesis 1:1 all the way through Rev 22:21.

I had several people tell me that there was nothing in the new testament about homosexuality being wrong or sinful. They were a bit surprised when I hunted down all the verses that showed that idea was totally false.

That is because so many rely on the false teachings of others instead of reading the word for themselves with the true guidance of the Holy Spirit.

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2007, 05:52:57 PM »

Hello Islandboy,

There should be no surprise that the things that were an abomination to GOD in the Old Testament are still an abomination to GOD in the New Testament, and that includes times after the CROSS. See the below for one of many examples. It's about as clear and blunt as one can get.

Romans 1:22 KJV  Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

Romans 1:23 KJV  And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

Romans 1:24 KJV  Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

Romans 1:25 KJV  Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Romans 1:26 KJV  For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Romans 1:27 KJV  And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Romans 1:28 KJV  And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Romans 1:29 KJV  Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Romans 1:30 KJV  Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

Romans 1:31 KJV  Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

Romans 1:32 KJV  Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Here's an interesting tidbit of information for you. It hasn't been that long ago that homosexual acts were a felony in the entire country - every single state. They were known as "Crimes Against Nature". There was a change in punishment between the Old Testament and the New Testament. We are no longer commanded to stone them to death. It's very cruel to tell people involved with alternative lifestyles that what they're doing is OK in the eyes of GOD. It's NOT - it's an ABOMINATION - GOD hates it! Bluntly - these people need JESUS CHRIST in their lives - repentance - forgiveness - rescue from the curse of sin and death.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Psalms 73:26 NASB  My flesh and my heart may fail, But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

islandboy
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2007, 06:10:43 PM »

Thank you for your input as well as, the verses you quoted, Tom. I printed them off for future reference.

Be not weary in your serving; Do your best for those in need; Kindness will be rewarded by the Lord who prompts the deed.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the