Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 04:48:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Had to Share with you!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Had to Share with you!  (Read 1019 times)
NationalGuardMom

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2005, 01:26:19 PM »

Hello All, first let me say that I have sat on the sidelines and read your post and felt a particular kinship to you all. I am a member of the National Guard, I have been on one deployment to Iraq, and headed to my 2nd in the VERY near future. Today at church we had a "Thank the Soldier's day" and it was a packed house, as I sat there between my 14 yr old son, and my husband dressed in his Marine Blues, and I in my Class A's my heart was over flowing with pride that we live ina nation that we can have a day like this and openly proclaim our love for the lord. After church several member's from my unit decided to go and eat lunch at a near-by resturant, we all loaded up and headed out. Upon arriving at the restruant we were met with the STARE, and the occisional hand shake, and Thank You's from American's that were proud of the job that we as the military are doing in other countries. As our lunch arrived to the table, we bowed our heads n prayer and my 14 yr old son was asked to give grace, and I tell you all this I WAS SO PROUD OF THAT BOY, he stood up like a MAN and Thanked god for bringing both his parents back home safely, and asked to protect his mom as I leave for another deploment, I had tears running down my face, and as I looked up so did EVERYONE at our table. What happened next was the sweetest thing I have witnessed in along time, a older Vet came to the table and THANKED my son for praying in public, he said that showed he was truly a christian, and that he hoped that other kids in the restruant would follow our son's ways. At that moment NOTHING in this world mattered other than I know in my heart that we were doing a pretty good job raising our son. Sorry if I carried on, I wanted to share witrh ppl that I knew would understand!
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 01:38:40 PM »

Welcome to the forum NationalGuardMom,

Thank you, NGM for sharing that with us. You indeed have a right to be proud of your son. It warms my heart to hear or see such in our young of today.

Thank you and your husband for your service. It is because of people like you that we are able to worship openly in this country and that there is hope for this country through your teaching your son such values.

I hope that you will keep in touch with us and post more here.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2005, 01:59:22 AM »

Welcome to Christians Unite NationalGuardMom!

I'm a proud Navy dad, and my son just got out after serving 6 years. He did one tour in the Gulf, and I'm very proud of him.

Please just let me offer my deep appreciation to everyone who serves and their families.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Galatians 4:4-7  But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons. And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father. Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

SelahJoy

Pray and praise about everything.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 04:52:35 PM »

NationalGuardMom,

The other day, I had read a prayer request regarding your next deployment but just now, found this thread!

I'm so glad to "meet" you!  My eyes got moist reading your story and I must say that I am joyfilled to hear of your son's courage!

I will join him in praying!  Please keep in touch so we may hear current prayer requests.

My son was in Iraq for 12 months and the Lord has given me a testimony of His great love for all the military personnel serving abroad.  I look forward to receiving updates from you!

Christian hugs and love in Jesus name,
selahjoy*
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the