Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:12:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Entertainment
| |-+  Politics and Political Issues (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Freedom Alliance Blasts UN Charges on Guantanamo Bay
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Freedom Alliance Blasts UN Charges on Guantanamo Bay  (Read 1324 times)
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2005, 09:40:43 AM »

Freedom Alliance Blasts UN Charges on Guantanamo Bay

by Freedom Alliance

June 23, 2005

Message to United Nations Human Rights Commission: "Physician, Heal Thyself!"

Dulles, Virginia - United Nations Human Rights investigators today accused the United States of stonewalling their efforts to gain access to U.S. facilities in which terrorists are being detained. UN representatives claim they have "allegations of torture" by the United States against individuals who have committed acts of "alleged terrorism." Freedom Alliance President Tom Kilgannon made the following observations of the UN criticism.

"The Bush administration has chosen exactly the right course by keeping United Nations investigators out of U.S. detention facilities," Kilgannon stated. "Efforts by UN personnel to gain access to U.S. facilities is nothing more than an attempt to embarrass the United States in the eyes of the world. The United States government and our dedicated military personnel have gone out of their way to treat these detained terrorists in a fair, decent and humane way. It is the United States which has taken these terrorists off the streets, making the world a safer place. Instead of trying to poke the U.S. in the eye, Kofi Annan should call off his dogs and worry about legitimate claims of human rights abuses around the world.

"The United Nations has lost all credibility on the issue of human rights," Kilgannon said. They have invited the repressive and dictatorial governments of Cuba, Sudan, Libya and others to sit on the Human Rights Commission and pass judgment on others. They can't bring themselves to see genocide in the Sudan. Their own peacekeepers have committed human rights abuses against children in the Congo.”

Kilgannon concluded, "With this track record, the United Nations is just not a credible institution and does not deserve an open invitation to visit U.S. detention facilities. The official response of the United States government to the UN request should be 'Physician, heal thyself.'"

http://www.freedomalliance.org/view_article.php?a_id=589

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2005, 11:11:50 AM »

Kilgannon is right on.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2005, 12:11:59 PM »

Physician, heal thyself..............what a PERFECT response that would be.

All I can say is that POWER CORRUPTS!

PR.......................somewhere on one of the threads you mentioned something about communism slowly taking over.  It's really sad to watch this "stuff" going on right under our noses.

Jesus Christ, come quickly!

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2005, 12:42:56 PM »

Amen! Keep looking up! I don't think it will be a very long wait.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2005, 12:54:13 PM »

Amen! Keep looking up! I don't think it will be a very long wait.

And neither do I!!

JimmySwift

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 11:58:04 PM »

Hi folks,

I'm new here, and this was one of the first issues that caught my attention, as I am something of a foreign policy buff.

I think we need to be a little cautious as to who we listen too in terms of the UN.  As an organization, it certainly has it's detractors, but I think a wholesale disregard for its efforts and missions would be a mistake.  It is clearly an organization that needs some reform, but I trully beleive that with some work, it can be returned to a meaningful and credible force for good.  

It is quite convenient I think, that the debate regarding the Guitmo issue in the US, often degenerates into name-calling and what-not.  Instead of looking whithin, and seeing that perhaps some mistakes have been made, and some human rights have been comprimised, we instead chose to point out the errors in the UN.  This is not the appropriate tact.  I agree that the UN is not perfect, and it too has made mistakes, but we should not spend our time pointing our fingers, as opposed to righting our own wrongs.  

I do not beleive it is unpatriotic or un-american to be critical of the current situation at the detention facilities.  I beleive it is wrong to hold people without charge, and it is wrong to deny them basic legal rights.  This is what happens in some of the other nations you mentioned, and it should not happen here.

cheers,

Jimmy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the