Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:12:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Welcome
| |-+  About You! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Reluctant
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reluctant  (Read 1015 times)
SelahJoy

Pray and praise about everything.

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2005, 02:15:10 AM »

Hi Everybody on ChristiansUnite!

I'm new to discussion forums so when I found this one, I didn't know what I "walked" into.  But after a week or so of reading yours and posting mine, I see that I need you ever so much.  It is so wonderful to be connected in this way with the body of Christ!

I have to admit though that I have avoided this "About You" page.  Even though I have shared testimonies, etc on other streams, I was reluctant to talk about me.

Anyway, I had an awesome day and so I am going to open up and tell you about myself, but first, my day.  I played a shy but bubbly clown (a sister named the character "bubbles") at my church's annual bbq.  My part was to make balloon animals and love on kids.  Almost no one, except the sisters who helped with costuming, knew who I was.  It was a wonderful opportunity to pat little kids on top of their heads, and offer slight but genuine hugs to the children.  I wanted to be speachless, so I pantomimed.  It was great.  As I interracted with the people, I found myself patting grownups on their heads too!  And they accepted it!  It was so fun to be affectionate and have grownups simply smile and enjoy.  A few belly laughed too.  (But I think they knew who I was  Wink   What an eye-opener to help me see about the ways we (I) hold back. Sad

Okay, about me.  I have two sons and a daughter between the ages of 20 and 34.  I work in higher education helping students explore career and education opportunities.  I'm a late bloomer in life cuz I went to college while singly raising my children, so in the past few years, I have just entered the workforce when most of my friends are talking about retiring.  I look at my life's work as a ministry (isn't everything?) so working is great.

My number one goal in life is to know God and live for Him.  Number two, I hope to found a Christian orphanage ( a home for teenagers) or find one where I can mentor youth.  Before the war and in my "spare" time, I was actively working toward this goal when the Lord called me to pray about the war in Iraq.  At this time, I have a pretty busy email ministry to people over there.   Any encouragement and advice on these subjects is more than welcome.  It is, in fact, what brought me to CU.  I was doing a search for websites and ministries who care about Iraq and the Military, and I found you!  Grin  Thank you for being here, and for all that you do to bless God.

Love,
selahjoy*
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 01:08:26 PM »

SelahJoy,

Your testimonies have been a blessing to me. Thank you for sharing and a warm welcome to Christians Unite.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 01:09:06 PM by Pastor Roger » Logged

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 05:22:14 PM »

What a wonderful, loving woman!
The world should be full of your kind Selah!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the