Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 02, 2024, 09:45:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286875 Posts in 27569 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Apologetics (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  I am the Way, Truth Life
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: I am the Way, Truth Life  (Read 2234 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2005, 08:20:50 AM »

I am the Way, Truth Life
By A.W. Pink

"I am the way." Christ spans the distance between God and the sinner. Man would fain manufacture a ladder of his own, and . . . climb up to God. But that is impossible. That is the way which seems right unto man, but the end thereof are the ways of death (Prov. 14:12). It is Satan who would keep the exercised sinner on his self-imposed journey to God. What faith needs to lay hold of is the glorious truth that Christ has come all the way down to sinners. The sinner could not come to God, but God in the person of His Son has come out to sinners. He is the Way, the Way to Heaven, the Way to eternal blessedness.

I am the truth." Christ is the full and final revelation of God. Adam believed the Devil's lie, and ever since then man has been groping amid ignorance and error. "The way of the wicked is as darkness; they know not at what they stumble" (Prov. 4:19). "Having their understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart" (Eph. 4:18). A thousand systems has the mind devised. . . "There is none that understandeth" (Rom. 3:11). . . Truth is not to be found in a system of philosophy, but in a Person--Christ is "the truth;" He reveals God and exposes man. In Him are hid "All the treasures of wisdom and knowledge" (Col. 2:3). What tremendous folly to ignore Him! . . . . with all your learning have you bowed before Him who is the Truth?"

"I am the life." Christ is the Emancipator from death. The whole Bible bears solemn witness to the fact that the natural man is spiritually lifeless. He walks according to the course of this world; he has no love for the things of God. The fear of God is not upon him, nor has he any concern for His glory. Self is the center and circumference of his existence. He is alive to the things of the world, but he is dead to heavenly things. The one who is out of Christ exists, but he has not spiritual life. . . . The one who believes in Christ has passed out of death unto life (John 5:24). "He that believes on the Son has everlasting life" (John 3:36). Then turn to Him who is the Life.

"I am the way." Without Christ men are Cains--wanderers. "They are all gone out of the way" (Rom. 3:12). Christ is not merely a Guide who came to show men the path in which they ought to walk: He is Himself the Way to the Father. "I am the truth." Without Christ men are under the power of the Devil, the father of lies. Christ is not merely a Teacher who came to reveal to men a doctrine regarding God: He is Himself the Truth about God. "He that hath seen Me hath seen the Father." "I am the life." Without Christ men are dead in trespasses and sins. Christ is not merely a Physician. . . "I am come," said He, "that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly" (John 10:10).

"No man comes unto the Father but by Me" (John 14:6). Christ is the only way to God. It is utterly impossible to win God's favor by any efforts of our own (Exposition of the Gospel of John, p. 212-214).

Mathurin

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 11:25:21 PM »

If we get to the Father by Jesus, how do we get to Jesus?
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 11:34:07 PM »

I believe Jesus said, "I, and the Father are one."

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 11:58:11 PM »

Through heartfelt prayer.

1Jo 1:9  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Mat 7:7  Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:
Mat 7:8  For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

1Ti 2:5  For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
1Ti 2:6  Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Mathurin

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 12:28:31 AM »

If Jesus is the head of the church, shouldn't you go through the church?
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 12:40:56 AM »

1Ti 2:5  For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
1Ti 2:6  Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 04:51:55 AM »

Mathurin,

I love the other answers given. When we really want to talk to Jesus, we do it with prayer and reverence. HE loves to hear our prayers. HE is everywhere with outstretched arms - welcoming all who desire to know HIM. You don't have to go to a church to find HIM. If you really mean it, HE will come to you in your home or elsewhere. HIS church isn't made with human hands. HIS church is HIS BODY, THE CHURCH WHICH IS THE BODY OF CHRIST. All believers who have accepted HIM as LORD over thier lives belong to HIS BODY and ARE HIS BODY forever.

Mathurin, HE is the CREATOR, and HE knew you before the foundation of the world. HE made you as an intelligent being with the ability to make choices between right and wrong. Since you can and have made choices about everything, you can also choose to accept HIM or reject HIM. There are eternal consequences to this decision. In many ways, you may hear HIM calling you, but HE won't force you to come to HIM.

Mathurin, are you thinking about a decision for JESUS? If you are, I'm sure that you have other questions. Please ask them and let us try to answer the questions that are holding you back or causing doubt. Please let me tell you - JESUS is REAL and HE lives in my heart. HE is with me constantly, and I will be with HIM forever. If I die tonight, I know where I'll be - ALL Christians do. We speak of HIM as an absolute REALITY because we know HIM, and HE is the core of our being. YES! - Almighty God - your CREATOR will walk with you every step in your life if you want HIM and accept HIM.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1Corinthians 2:9  But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Revelation 3:20  Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Ephesians 2:1-7  And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins; Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience: Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)  And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 1:12-14  That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Galatians 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Romans 10:9  That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2005, 10:47:17 AM »

The Church IS the body of Christ. Jesus Christ IS the head of that body. I am part of that body.  You are part of that body. Blackeyedpeas is a part of that body.  Pastor Roger is a part of that body.  Your statement above alludes to us GOING THROUGH ourselves.  Jesus Christ lives in us.  When we pray, we are supposed to be praying to the Father, in the name of Jesus Christ.  We have no need to pray to Jesus directly.  When Jesus' disciples asked Him how they should pray, Jesus said, "Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. They kingdom come. They will be done, on earth as it is in heaven."  You know the rest.

I believe Jesus also said to pray for one another.  In our prayers to the Father, through Jesus Christ, we ask the Father to bless, answer their prayer, heal, etc.  We are asking living people to pray for us or they ask us to pray for them.  There is no intercessor between us and Jesus, because we are supposed to be praying to the Father thru Jesus. Jesus is our only mediator.  Jesus said, "I and the Father are One."  There are three persons in ONE God, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.  Our ONE God is the only ONE who is omnipresent, omniscient, and omnipotent.  Some Christians pray to dead saints or Jesus' mother, Mary.  I don't really understand that because they don't possess the three O's.  How could I pray to saint so and so here in the US, and someone else in Europe be praying to that same saint at the same time?  That saint isn't omni anything.  Praying, or asking a saint to pray for us, isn't the same as asking our friends to pray for us, but this is just my opinion.

Hope some of what I said helps you.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2005, 11:40:26 AM »

but this is just my opinion.

Amen, Chris.

This is more than just your opinion brother. It is the very word of God.

ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2005, 04:07:01 PM »

No, you go through the head.
The church is the body, the head of the body is Jesus Christ. Christians are all members in particular of that body reacting to the will of the head.
The body and its individual members always follow the head. Consider your physical body and its individual members, hands, legs, feet, etc. Is it not your head that is in charge of what they do? The members of your body must go through the head to do their thing. Likewise with Christ and His church and its members.

ollie
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 04:08:16 PM by ollie » Logged

Support your local Christian.
Mathurin

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2005, 12:11:56 AM »

You get to the top by starting at the bottom, I think.  You get to the head by going through the body, and being a part of it (if you like that phrasiology better).  Jesus said his church would be one flock  and that there would be one shepherd and he would stand by it until the consummation of the world.   Naturally implied is that there will be one set of doctrinal truths and I think it would be important to know that information in order to serve the Lord the way he set it down to be done.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2005, 12:55:35 AM »

You get to the top by starting at the bottom, I think.  You get to the head by going through the body, and being a part of it (if you like that phrasiology better).  Jesus said his church would be one flock  and that there would be one shepherd and he would stand by it until the consummation of the world.   Naturally implied is that there will be one set of doctrinal truths and I think it would be important to know that information in order to serve the Lord the way he set it down to be done.

You get to be a member of the body by going to the head. A member of the body may lead you to the head but it must ultimately be you beseeching the head to become a member. No one can do this for anyone else, not a priest, not a pastor, not a church janitor. It must be you talking to Jesus, asking for forgiveness, asking Him to come into your heart.

Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2005, 03:37:56 PM »

By the Father.   Smiley

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2005, 09:40:30 PM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I think that we are on several sheets of music. I give thanks that the Gospel of the Grace of God is simple enough for a child to understand. I think that we make things too complicated many times when we discuss Salvation with the lost, especially on the forum.

Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable GIFT, Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour Forever!

Jesus Christ is God made manifest in the flesh, and HE loved me enough to die for me on the CROSS.

HE took the punishment that I deserved for my sins in HIS own body to save me from the curse of sin and death.

I believe with all of my heart that JESUS CHRIST died for me. I have confessed my sins and asked JESUS to be the LORD over my life. That's what JESUS wanted to be in the first place, so HE is my LORD and SAVIOUR forever.

I belong to JESUS and no power in the universe can take me from HIS mighty hands. I am no longer condemned to eternal destruction, because the precious blood of JESUS on the CROSS paid for me. So, I am a purchased possession of JESUS for eternity. It gives me great joy to know beyond any doubt that JESUS will always be with me, and I will be with HIM for eternity.

THANK YOU LORD FOR SAVING MY SOUL!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Romans 10:17  So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

Mathurin

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2005, 10:14:26 PM »

It's  nice to know that you have nothing to worry about.  Here's a fitting saying:  The fear of God is the beginning of wisdom.  
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the