Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:35:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286776 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Religious Invitation
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Religious Invitation  (Read 4531 times)
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« on: July 18, 2003, 06:41:24 PM »

A Christian walk's by a religious building and reads a sign saying, "Welcome To Our United Segregated Group" Our services are held up twice weelly by pastor Shyster called a gift offering to avoid rendering unto Cesar. All doctrinal bible studies will be privately interpreted by our head office to avoid personal discreation. Mrs. Backslid will be singing, "I Wonce Was Saved But Now On Probation" while quire hums "Paid In Full" Healing services may be postponed due to illness. So be paying for unity and indoctrinate other labeled groups.Signed; The labeled self righteous group of law and grace in your hometown.

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
John the Baptist
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2003, 06:14:54 AM »

To my Master in my very early hours of devotion to Him!

Scripture? Matt. 10.
"For it is not ye that speak, but the Spirit of your Father, which speaketh in you. ... And the brother shall deliever up the brother to death; ... And ye shall be hated of all men for my name sake: ... IF THEY HAVE CALLED THE MASTER OF THE HOUSE BEELZEBUB, HOW MUCH MORE [SHALL THEY CALL THEM OF HIS HOUSEHOLD?] ... and what ye hear in the ear, [THAT PREACH IT UPON THE HOUSE TOPS.]"

MASTER, it is a GREAT HONOR reading & seeing with my very own eyes your EVERLASTING GOSPEL WORDS! THANK YOU!
Thank you for the Daily POWER from You to carry on the [Loving Work] of service as supplied in Phil. 4:13 & 2 Cor. 12:9.

---John  
« Last Edit: July 24, 2003, 06:18:46 AM by John the Baptist » Logged
Wreck N Sow

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2003, 09:01:39 PM »

a4c, seems that you and others who have done violence to the law have been invited to a little bon fire in your honor.
for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.
Dont bother to brong any marshmallows a4c.

ZEPH.3  [3] Her princes within her are roaring lions; her judges are evening wolves; they gnaw not the bones till the morrow.[4] Her prophets are light and treacherous persons: her priests have polluted the sanctuary, they have done violence to the law.[5] The just LORD is in the midst thereof; he will not do iniquity: every morning doth he bring his judgment to light, he faileth not; but the unjust knoweth no shame.[6] I have cut off the nations: their towers are desolate; I made their streets waste, that none passeth by: their cities are destroyed, so that there is no man, that there is none inhabitant.[7] I said, Surely thou wilt fear me, thou wilt receive instruction; so their dwelling should not be cut off, howsoever I punished them: but they rose early, and corrupted all their doings.
[8] Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy.[9] For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.[10] From beyond the rivers of Ethiopia my suppliants, even the daughter of my dispersed, shall bring mine offering.[11] In that day shalt thou not be ashamed for all thy doings, wherein thou hast transgressed against me: for then I will take away out of the midst of thee them that rejoice in thy pride, and thou shalt no more be haughty because of my holy mountain.
Paul2
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2003, 09:49:53 PM »

Do you keep all of God's commandments? ALL OF THEM?ALL THE TIME? That seems to be the standard you are placing on believers. You DESERVE to go to heaven do you? It seems to me you feel that Jesus death on the cross was not important. Just following his teachings FLAWLESSLY is good enough? Why did he have to die then? Why not teach his commandments and just accend, why was his life blood required. Why was Jesus required, the law was already there and anyone who obeyed it had Salvation? Oh, I remember, nobody ever kept the law did they? Who was saved by the law? can you name one person who kept the law other than Jesus. Peter didn't keep the law, he denied Jesus 3 times, Paul didn't keep the law, he was present and agreed to the stoning of Stephen. Moses killed a man, Noah got drunk,
Jonah disobeyed God. Samson was a sinner.

Seems like all God's servants failed to make the grade. That is why Jesus died for us, because we can't save ourselves. We all sin, me and you and everyone else. You sin and then you tell others that if we don't obey all the commandments we don't go to heaven? Are our sins worse than your own? God's standard is perfection. When was the last time someone told you "hey, your just like Jesus"? You never make a mistake? you never LIE. Never? careful now, you might sin in responding to my questions.

Then you'd be just like me, a sinner, who needs Salvation through Jesus Christ and His righteousness through Faith. My works of the flesh have earned me a ticket to the lake of fire.

My Faith in Jesus Christ as Savior has resulted in the GIFT of Salvation. A gift because I couldn't buy it with works or deeds.

Do you lose your Salvation if you sin? I don't but I suffer loss of rewards and the consequences of my sins.

When was the last time you told a lie? Careful, He's listening, thats the problem with "works" one mistake and your just another sinner, so much for self achieved righteousness!

Paul2 (a sinner saved by grace through Jesus Christ my Savior)

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2003, 11:49:47 PM »

Oklahoma Howdy to Paul2,

Amen Brother! I too am a sinner saved by Grace. I think that I'm going to like you. You're a little bit shy, but maybe we can draw you out of your shell. (Just Kidding)   Wink

Wink I'm extremely shy, except when it comes to sharing the Gospel of God's Grace. Actually, I've been told that I suffer from the "Bull in the china closet syndrome."

In Christ.

Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2003, 05:15:44 PM »

Do you keep all of God's commandments? ALL OF THEM?ALL THE TIME? That seems to be the standard you are placing on believers. You DESERVE to go to heaven do you? It seems to me you feel that Jesus death on the cross was not important. Just following his teachings FLAWLESSLY is good enough? Why did he have to die then? Why not teach his commandments and just accend, why was his life blood required. Why was Jesus required, the law was already there and anyone who obeyed it had Salvation? Oh, I remember, nobody ever kept the law did they? Who was saved by the law? can you name one person who kept the law other than Jesus. Peter didn't keep the law, he denied Jesus 3 times, Paul didn't keep the law, he was present and agreed to the stoning of Stephen. Moses killed a man, Noah got drunk,

Seems like all God's servants failed to make the grade. That is why Jesus died for us, because we can't save ourselves. We all sin, me and you and everyone else. You sin and then you tell others that if we don't obey all the commandments we don't go to heaven? Are our sins worse than your own? God's standard is perfection. When was the last time someone told you "hey, your just like Jesus"? You never make a mistake? you never LIE. Never? careful now, you might sin in responding to my questions.

Then you'd be just like me, a sinner, who needs Salvation through Jesus Christ and His righteousness through Faith. My works of the flesh have earned me a ticket to the lake of fire.

My Faith in Jesus Christ as Savior has resulted in the GIFT of Salvation. A gift because I couldn't buy it with works or deeds.

Do you lose your Salvation if you sin? I don't but I suffer loss of rewards and the consequences of my sins.

When was the last time you told a lie? Careful, He's listening, thats the problem with "works" one mistake and your just another sinner, so much for self achieved righteousness!

Now thats some good preaching Grin
AAAAAAAAMEN! Brother

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2003, 04:51:48 AM »

YES!!!! Amen

Brother Love Smiley
« Last Edit: August 12, 2003, 06:05:09 AM by Brother Love » Logged

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Paul2
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2003, 12:29:28 PM »

Brother Love,

Are you saying "YES" I agree with what I(Paul2) wrote above?

Or are you saying "YES" I keep all the commandments, and if I fail to keep one, I break them all and go to hell?

I hope it was the first and not the last.

Paul2 Huh

Whitehorse
Gold Member

I'll think of something.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2003, 04:28:02 PM »

I'm not really seeing the spirit of the Lord in this. If there's a doctrinal issue, it needs to be worked out, but it this working things out? Or just philosophical body-slamming in the mosh pit? Exciting, maybe but godly...?

Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2003, 04:55:06 PM »

I'm not seeing a whole lot going on here either.

Maybe I'm missing something...

Huh
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2003, 06:04:09 AM »

Brother Love,

Are you saying "YES" I agree with what I(Paul2) wrote above?

Or are you saying "YES" I keep all the commandments, and if I fail to keep one, I break them all and go to hell?

I hope it was the first and not the last.

Paul2 Huh

YES!!! I agree whith what you said Bro

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2003, 02:25:55 AM »

"Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them" (Rom. 16:17).

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2003, 03:54:21 AM »

"Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them" (Rom. 16:17).

YES!!! I agree Amen

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
ollie
Gold Member

Being born again, .....by the word of God,

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2003, 01:05:15 PM »

A Christian walk's by a religious building and reads a sign saying, "Welcome To Our United Segregated Group" Our services are held up twice weelly by pastor Shyster called a gift offering to avoid rendering unto Cesar. All doctrinal bible studies will be privately interpreted by our head office to avoid personal discreation. Mrs. Backslid will be singing, "I Wonce Was Saved But Now On Probation" while quire hums "Paid In Full" Healing services may be postponed due to illness. So be paying for unity and indoctrinate other labeled groups.Signed; The labeled self righteous group of law and grace in your hometown.

You ommited the hotdog and chili lunch served right after closing prayer.

Support your local Christian.
Brother Love
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2003, 03:34:13 AM »

You ommited the hotdog and chili lunch served right after closing prayer.

true and the pot luck dinners

Brother Love Smiley

<Smiley))><
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the