Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:35:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286800 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The Ark of the Covenant
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Ark of the Covenant  (Read 12005 times)
actsacts

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2005, 11:29:52 AM »

There is no animosity or hate in my communication. Just facts. Vendyl is a false prophet by scriptural definitions. He is always proclaiming the future and being wrong in his predictions. His critics have filled books with examples of this. He is an apostate. This is NOT a personal attack, it is a scriptural discernement meant to protect the people of God from ensnarement.

I am pointing out to the many Christian believers that are "ensnared" by his lies NOT to support or place any credibility in his spurious claims.

Yes, God does accomplish his purposes by using evil, as seen in the statement, "My servant Nebuchadnezzar". That doens't mean we take joy in its execution as you seem to be doing. you seem to be saying, "Let evil come that Christ may come." Instead Christ taught us to pray, "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done . . . deliver us from evil." Please don't allow end times speculation to cause believers to develop an interst in this false prophet.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2005, 02:44:31 PM »

There is no animosity or hate in my communication. Just facts. Vendyl is a false prophet by scriptural definitions. He is always proclaiming the future and being wrong in his predictions. His critics have filled books with examples of this. He is an apostate. This is NOT a personal attack, it is a scriptural discernement meant to protect the people of God from ensnarement.

I am pointing out to the many Christian believers that are "ensnared" by his lies NOT to support or place any credibility in his spurious claims.

Yes, God does accomplish his purposes by using evil, as seen in the statement, "My servant Nebuchadnezzar". That doens't mean we take joy in its execution as you seem to be doing. you seem to be saying, "Let evil come that Christ may come." Instead Christ taught us to pray, "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done . . . deliver us from evil." Please don't allow end times speculation to cause believers to develop an interst in this false prophet.

My friend, as I said, "These claims may or may not be true"
It's fair to say he's a false prophet, but you went much farther than that. For you to claim these are not personal attacks is a bit disingenuous. You have said you know him "personally" and you display an angry disposition towards the man in every post you have placed here in your brief time on this site. It does appear that you have personal issues with the man. This may or may not be warranted. The point is that this site is not intended for angry or slanderous intentions. If you have information to add on any topic, then please offer it.

You don't have to keep ramming home your feelings towards this man. You actually double posted the same message. Once on this thread, and once on another thread. That isn't necessary, and it makes you appear to have an agenda, or a person issue with the man.

You stated "I am pointing out to the many Christian believers that are "ensnared" by his lies NOT to support or place any credibility in his spurious claims" and that is fair, but let's not get single minded about it my friend.

This has led to more angry assertions from you, such as when you said... "That doesn’t mean we take joy in its execution as you seem to be doing [/b]." and ... "you seem to be saying, "Let evil come that Christ may come." Instead Christ taught us to pray, "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done . . . deliver us from evil." Please don't allow end times speculation to cause believers to develop an interst in this false prophet."

These types of hyperbolic statements make you come across as an angry person. There is no need to have such an attitude here my friend.

Let's take a deep breath and start over.
You are welcome here my friend, but if you are only going to cause trouble and have an attitude, then why bother?

You could have simply accepted the explanation, and continued to post on any and all other topics.

Take care.

actsacts

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2005, 03:01:06 PM »

OK. A deep breath and let's start over. Forgive me for coming across angry. That is not my intent.  Smiley

How would you suggest that the information be posted? Huh

I was placed under house arrest because of Vendyls actions and I don't want any other believer in our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ to suffer a similar fate.

Bronzesnake
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2005, 04:47:28 PM »

OK. A deep breath and let's start over. Forgive me for coming across angry. That is not my intent.  Smiley

How would you suggest that the information be posted? Huh

I was placed under house arrest because of Vendyls actions and I don't want any other believer in our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ to suffer a similar fate.

My friend. You made your point quite clear in relation to Vendyl. I can understand your feelings toward the man, especially having been placed under house arrest because of him. Nobody here is trying to control what gets posted. We have a job to do as moderators; we have a responsibility toward other posters and to the ADMIN. This task sometimes makes us unpopular, and even the target of attacks.

Most people here are unaware that moderators on this forum have had their computers attacked by hackers and viruses. It's an ongoing battle. We get angry e-mail, we get angry posts directed toward us. We are not here to cause people problems or take sides. We made a commitment to the ADMIN to uphold the rules and standards of this Christian forum, and we take that responsibility seriously.

All I'm saying is try to keep your posts as friendly as possible. If you come across a false prophet, then by all means let us know, but you don't have to make it the sole content of your posts. You come across as an intelligent person who is a faithful Christian. I'm sure you have some very valuable contributions to offer, and I look forward to hearing from you my friend.

Our job (moderator) is a difficult one, please try and appreciate that.

I'd love to hear about your experiences in the field.

Take care my friend.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2005, 05:20:26 PM »

actsacts,

I am sorry if I came across as supporting Dr Jones. That was not my intent nor was it the intent of anyone here. The finding of the Ark is an important event to many believers as is any archaeological find that relates to Bible history.

I do not support or deny the late Ron Wyatt either but I do find some of his theories and supposed findings quite interesting. I personally am intrigued both with Biblical history as well as prophecy.

As for the end times ..... The Lord tells us it is going to happen .....  not a maybe but a fact. When that time will be is totally up to God and no man will know the time but it is an inevitable occurrence because God does not lie.

I do look forward to the time that the Lord comes for it will be a wonderful time indeed. Whether that time comes today or whether it comes hundreds of years from now I am ready for that time and gladly accept its coming.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Paul2
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2005, 07:31:57 PM »

The temple being rebuilt brings the Antichrist to power. At the mid week of Daniel's 70th week Antichrist will set up the abomination which causes desolation at the temple.

Knowing the destiny of the temple, it really doesn't matter to me who finds the ark, just that its found. The Church can not remain on the earth when Daniel's 70th week begins.

Without Adolf Hitler would Israel have been reborn in 1948? He was the personification of evil but also was directly responcible for Israel's existance. God used the evil of Adolf Hitler for His good purpose of re-establishing national Israel. God can use the man Vendyl Jones although the man is a heritic. If Vendyl does find the Ark the man will enter the Great Tribulation. The Temple brings Antichrist. Knowing this why should we be surprized that a False Prophet might discover the Ark?

I know that from the time of the making of the 7 year treaty (which starts the 70th week of Daniel), there are exactly 2,520 days until the Second Coming of Christ. I know that 1,260 days after the 70th week begins with the making of the 7 year covenant Antichrist will come to full power for the remaining 42 months. I know what is coming if the ark is found...  For the Church the Rapture is immenent. For those left behind unspeakable horrors followed by the return of Christ at the Second Coming.

To get to the Second Coming the Great Tribulation must come first. I'm sorry that the non Christian world must endure the wrath of God but not sorry enough to want to postpone it.

If it takes a False Prophet like Vendyl Jones to find the Ark, then dig Vendyl dig! I want the will of God to be fulfilled. It is God's will that the temple be rebuilt and that the Antichrist will come to full power at the temple at the midweek of the 70th week. It is God who will send delusions to mankind so that they will believe the lies of Antichrist. This is the wrath of God. When God is directly blinding men from the truth the wrath of God has begun.

Vendyl Jones will have his day of judgment just as every person who has ever lived will be judged. He may be allowed to find the Ark but at the price of his eternal soul.

If the Ark is found on August 14 it won't be a "good" day for the non Christian world but a day that brings the Antichrist closer. At the same time God's will is for the Great Tribulation to take place so God's will shall be done.

The Ark will bring war not peace but it also will hasten the return of Christ at the Second Coming.

God has the unique ability to use the evil of men for His Good purpose, this is nothing new, the Bible is loaded with example of evil men accomplishing the will of God although their methods are evil. Vendyl Jones may just be the man who brings the Antichrist onto the world scene.

Jerusalem will erupt if the Ark is found, all Hell will break loose. The world will never be the same if the Ark is found. It may be God's sense of humor... We remove the ten commandments from our courthouses and all of a sudden the box holding the ten commandments is found and takes center stage across the world. Wouldn't surprize me at all.

Paul2 Cool

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2005, 07:45:12 PM »

The temple being rebuilt brings the Antichrist to power. At the mid week of Daniel's 70th week Antichrist will set up the abomination which causes desolation at the temple.

Knowing the destiny of the temple, it really doesn't matter to me who finds the ark, just that its found. The Church can not remain on the earth when Daniel's 70th week begins.
AMEN Brother!

Without Adolf Hitler would Israel have been reborn in 1948? He was the personification of evil but also was directly responcible for Israel's existance. God used the evil of Adolf Hitler for His good purpose of re-establishing national Israel. God can use the man Vendyl Jones although the man is a heritic. If Vendyl does find the Ark the man will enter the Great Tribulation. The Temple brings Antichrist. Knowing this why should we be surprized that a False Prophet might discover the Ark?

I know that from the time of the making of the 7 year treaty (which starts the 70th week of Daniel), there are exactly 2,520 days until the Second Coming of Christ. I know that 1,260 days after the 70th week begins with the making of the 7 year covenant Antichrist will come to full power for the remaining 42 months. I know what is coming if the ark is found...  For the Church the Rapture is immenent. For those left behind unspeakable horrors followed by the return of Christ at the Second Coming.

To get to the Second Coming the Great Tribulation must come first. I'm sorry that the non Christian world must endure the wrath of God but not sorry enough to want to postpone it.

If it takes a False Prophet like Vendyl Jones to find the Ark, then dig Vendyl dig! I want the will of God to be fulfilled. It is God's will that the temple be rebuilt and that the Antichrist will come to full power at the temple at the midweek of the 70th week. It is God who will send delusions to mankind so that they will believe the lies of Antichrist. This is the wrath of God. When God is directly blinding men from the truth the wrath of God has begun.

Vendyl Jones will have his day of judgment just as every person who has ever lived will be judged. He may be allowed to find the Ark but at the price of his eternal soul.

If the Ark is found on August 14 it won't be a "good" day for the non Christian world but a day that brings the Antichrist closer. At the same time God's will is for the Great Tribulation to take place so God's will shall be done.

The Ark will bring war not peace but it also will hasten the return of Christ at the Second Coming.

God has the unique ability to use the evil of men for His Good purpose, this is nothing new, the Bible is loaded with example of evil men accomplishing the will of God although their methods are evil. Vendyl Jones may just be the man who brings the Antichrist onto the world scene.

Jerusalem will erupt if the Ark is found, all Hell will break loose. The world will never be the same if the Ark is found. It may be God's sense of humor... We remove the ten commandments from our courthouses and all of a sudden the box holding the ten commandments is found and takes center stage across the world. Wouldn't surprize me at all.

Paul2 Cool

Your post is 100% right Paul! I couldn't say it any better!

Praying that all, may find the Grace, and peace of God.
Bob

Isaiah 12:5 Sing praises to the Lord, for He has done excellent things [gloriously]; let this be made known to all the earth.

PeterAV
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2005, 02:36:50 AM »

[quote author=Paul2   .......
     When the time is right in God's eyes, the temple will be rebuilt.  The age of Grace is coming to an end and the law will be back in effect for the 70th week of Daniel just as The Law was in effect during the first 69 weeks of Daniel.

The newly elected Sanhedrin in Israel is taking bids for rebuilding the temple. I'm not a date setter but I can read the writing on the wall...
    We'll know in 2 weeks, on August 14th.

If the ark is found, the False Prophet and Antichrist won't be far behind. If the ark is to be discovered the Rapture of the church may be closer than you think........  
This is quite the interesting thread.If this does happen now,speculating of course;could it be that what some are saying,that believe in the pre-trib rapture;that the rapture could happen on the day of Rosh-Hashanah,Oct.4th?

Only God knows the real day.
Reba
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2005, 10:06:17 PM »

The little 'ark'  baby Moses was in was a type of Christ
the Ark in the temple was a type of Christ
the ark of Naoh was a type of Christ.

These are all man made symbels. God sent us His true  Ark the real one the one that matters and mans still want to find an idol.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2005, 11:09:24 PM »

Reba,

I understand what you are saying. There are those that will worship the ark or think that they need it in order to worship God. For those of us that know better and worship the true Jesus Christ we know the importance of the ark to the fullfillment of prophecy in the Bible to the end times.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
monkey

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2005, 02:17:12 PM »

hi i am new to this forum and it looks good to me. what news is the best to look on this sunday re: the ark of the covenant.
Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2005, 03:11:14 PM »

hi i am new to this forum and it looks good to me. what news is the best to look on this sunday re: the ark of the covenant.

Hi monkey. Welcome to Christians Unite.

I simply do a google news search for "ark of the covenant". If there is anything in the news anywhere then it should show up on that.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2005, 11:58:55 PM »

I found this article interesting even though I don't believe the "Bible Code" holds any water.

The Race For The Lost Ark
Posted 8/3/2005
By Dvora Waysman

Thousands of people saw the movie "Raiders of the Lost Ark", and most of them knew that Indiana Jones was based on a real person, famous archaeologist Dr. Vendyl Jones. Less well-known is another charismatic contender, who believes he will be the first to uncover the hiding place of this fabulous prize. He was recently in Jerusalem, and his name is Lt. Barry S. Roffman of the U.S. Coast Guard.

Roffman is basing his search on the Bible Code ... a code encrypted in the Bible some 3,000 years ago, now unlocked by computer. The mathematician who discovered the code was Dr. Eliyahu Rips, one of the world`s leading experts in group theory, the field that underlies quantum physics. Jones is basing his research on the Talmud. Once a Christian pastor, he left his post to become a leader of the Noahide movement, Gentiles who observe the seven laws of Noah. His search is aided by an ancient document found in Qumran together with the Dead Sea Scrolls, known as the "Copper Scroll." He is convinced that he has pinpointed the ark`s location. (Vendyljones.org.il/copperscroll). For Roffman`s research, you can hear a 30 minute radio broadcast by accessing www.biblecodenews.com

In the case of Vendyl Jones, he plans to uncover the lost Ark of the Covenant by Tisha b`Av. It was the resting place of the Ten Commandments, given to the Jews at Mt. Sinai and supposedly hidden just before the First Temple was destroyed. Although the Talmud says the Ark is hidden under the Temple Mount, Jones believes the tunnel continues 18 miles to the south and is now in the Judean Desert. Jones is not Jewish, although his daughter Sarah has converted and lives in Samaria (Shomron). However, he is learned in Torah and Talmud and has contact with a mysterious kabbalist who has now given him his blessing to reveal the Ark by Tisha B`Av (August 14th), the anniversary of the destruction of both the First and Second Temples.

But Jones is not alone in his search. Barry Roffman, an Orthodox Jew and a Lieutenant in the U.S. Coast Guard and author of Ark Code, (www.amazon.com ) believes that the Torah codes he has discovered can unlock the secret of the Ark`s location, and his findings are very different from those of Vendyl Jones. According to Roffman, there are maps encoded in the Torah. Key site names are encoded in such a way that the angles between Jerusalem, Arabic sites and a suspect Egyptian Ark site correspond to actual course headings on real world maps. The site, which he describes as 31 degrees 9 minutes North, 33 degrees 4 minutes East, is where a cloud of fire blocked the Egyptian army from the Israelites before we crossed the Sea of Reeds (Yam Suf) at Lake Bardawil in Northern Sinai, Egypt. He cites Jeremiah as the last prophet to control the Ark before finishing his life in that area of Egypt. Roffman`s research is unique, quite different from methods used by other Bible code researchers. It is rooted in his expertise as a Coast Guard military planner. He has explanations as to why Jeremiah took the Ark to the site of the splitting of the sea, and believes that the Ark`s purpose is to prevent a nuclear war between Israel and its enemies.

Barry Roffman was born in 1947 in Philadelphia and now lives in California with his second wife, Katherine Kim Roffman and their young son David. He has a distinguished Navy background, and was also a high school teacher of earth science, biology, chemistry and physical science. In 1989, his book, A Matter of Spiritual Custody, dealt with an interfaith child custody battle in which the Catholic Church, possibly for the first and only time, annulled his older son`s baptism on a ruling by Edward A. McCarthy, Archbishop of Miami, on the grounds that it was carried out without the father`s knowledge or consent when the boy was seven and considered himself to be Jewish. Today, that son, Robert Altair Roffman, is an Orthodox Rabbi in the U.S. Air Force.

So now, the world is waiting with bated breath. Will it be Jones or Roffman who finds the Ark of the Covenant? Will it be found in Israel or in Egypt? Will it be discovered by means of ground-penetrating radar?

What will be the religious, political and scientific implications and ramifications if it is found? And what else can we learn of the future from the words encrypted in the Bible codes or the secrets of the Talmud? We may not have long to wait. The Nobel Laureate physicist, Richard Feynman, put it this way:

"To solve any problem that has never been solved before, you have to leave the door to the unknown, ajar."

Dvora Waysman is a writer living in Jerusalem. She is the author of nine books, including Woman of Jerusalem; Esther and newly-released in paperback in English and Hebrew by Chaim Mazo Publishers The Pomegranate Pendant. She can be reached at ways@netvision.net.il or website: www.dvorawaysman.com

Paul2
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2005, 11:04:13 PM »

Knowing that finding the Ark of the Covenant will change the destiny of nations, in a move of severe desperation could a replica Ark be passed off as the real thing?

Nobody would be allowed to conduct studies on it and not many people would have the courage to touch it.

I'm sure somebody has considered presenting a replica ark to the world until the real one can be located.

Imagine being Vendyl Jones. He is convinced finding the ark of the covenant will change the fate of Israel. He must have said to himself many times "I can change everything if I can just find the Ark." Could a man like this justify tricking the world with a replica Ark if he thought that he was "saving" Israel?

I know that the temple will be rebuilt and that the Antichrist will set up the abomination that causes desolation in the rebuilt temple at the middle of Daniel's 70th week.

I have always wondered what the Antichrist would do with the true Ark if it was found and housed in the rebuilt temple. A false Ark would not be a problem at all but the real one makes me wonder.

How far would men go if they are convinced they are "saving" their country from a great mistake?

Vendyl Jones desires to save Israel but how far is he willing to go? How bad does he desire the fame and how bad does he desire to end the Israeli pullout? Could he convince himself that faking the Ark would save Israel?

Desperate times call for desperate measures, the question I am asking is how desperate is Vendyl Jones?

The Antichrist is a liar. The rebuilt temple brings him to world power. Knowing these things makes me wonder...

I won't be surprized to see an Ark being discovered but I also will wonder if its the real Ark or a fake. One fake golden replica of the ark could change the world. I'm sure I'm not the only person who has considered this. I'm willing to bet Vendyl Jones has pondered this over the years of frustration of not being able to locate the true ark and watching Israel trade away land for peace.

The time for blindly accepting things at face value has ended. False prophets and false miracles are coming in the future. Those who trust their eyes will be deceived by false miralces the Antichrist and false prophet will perform during second half of Daniel's 70th week.

I'm not saying the true Ark won't be found but I wouldn't be surprized if in zealous desperation a fake Ark isn't presented to halt the Israeli pullout.

Something to consider...

Paul2 Cool

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2005, 09:10:45 PM »

Has anyone else noticed how silent the media has been on this subject??

Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the