Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:15:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  YOUR OPINION - HEART OF MAN
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: YOUR OPINION - HEART OF MAN  (Read 5348 times)
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2005, 09:59:48 AM »

The bible speaks about the "heart of man", often.

In "YOUR" opinion:

Where do "YOU" think that heart is?

What do "YOU" think that heart is?

Have any of you ever thought about these questions?

Grace and peace,
cris

Brother Cris,

The heart is the core of a person's being, the source for affections and passions that rule over that person. Biblically, it is quite common to speak of the natural affections of man as evil and of darkness, rightfully so. This wouldn't simply be an internal organ, rather a matter of soul and spirit and which spirit rules - good or evil. For a Christian, it would pertain to how much and how often the person yields to the Holy Spirit living within them for everything they do and say.

Well put brother.   Our passions, our desires.   Our heart is what leads us in the deepest way.

Reba said:
Tis only by grace that any are saved man is not a nice guy.

LOL  I like it!   The heart of man is not a nice guy.   This why the change we have as believers starts in the heart.

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Heb 10:16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

Eph 3:17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love.

2Co 1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Joh 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

As Reba says, man is not a nice, but Christ living in the heart of man, changes his passions and desires for those things of God that are pure and Holy.   Yes, we still struggle with the old heart, but the more we learn to trust and depend on Him, the more our heart reflects His attitudes and desires in our life.

I don't think anyone could improve upon how Paul said it.

Gal 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

We live and breath, but it is the heart of Christ living within us by Faith that should be driving our passions and desires.

Grace and Peace!

2Tim,

I'm still unable to use the quote "thingy" correctly but I'm sure you'll know what I mean.

None of us KNOW our own heart.

Grace and peace,
cris

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2005, 10:06:26 AM »

2Tim,

I'm still unable to use the quote "thingy" correctly but I'm sure you'll know what I mean.

I think I know what you mean  Cheesy

A question for you.   Do you think a man knows his own heart at the moment the Holy Spirit opens his eyes and reveals the true sinful nature of man?

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2005, 10:20:38 AM »

2Tim,

I think I know what you mean  Cheesy

A question for you.   Do you think a man knows his own heart at the moment the Holy Spirit opens his eyes and reveals the true sinful nature of man?

Grace and Peace!

In a mirror we see dimly!

Grace and peace,
cris

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2005, 10:30:11 AM »

Yes, the perfections of His Glory.  However, the sinful nature of our hearts is in plain sight once we look upon the saviour at calvary.   Wink

But I think we are saying the same thing here.   Smiley

Grace and Peace!

Tim

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2005, 10:34:06 AM »

Yes, the perfections of His Glory.  However, the sinful nature of our hearts is in plain sight once we look upon the saviour at calvary.   Wink

But I think we are saying the same thing here.   Smiley

Grace and Peace!

Probably---------remember Reba's quote of Jer:17:9---The heart of man is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked: Who can KNOW it?  

Grace and peace,
cris

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2005, 10:51:14 AM »

Jer 17:9  The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
Jer 17:10  I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

Smiley  

1Ki 8:38  What prayer and supplication soever be made by any man, or by all thy people Israel, which shall know every man the plague of his own heart, and spread forth his hands toward this house:

Eph 1:18  I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,
NASB

Jer 24:7  And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the LORD: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.

Grace and Peace!

Tim

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2005, 11:04:20 AM »

Jer 17:9  The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?
Jer 17:10  I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

Smiley  

1Ki 8:38  What prayer and supplication soever be made by any man, or by all thy people Israel, which shall know every man the plague of his own heart, and spread forth his hands toward this house:

Eph 1:18  I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints,
NASB

Jer 24:7  And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the LORD: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.

Grace and Peace!

You're getting sidetracked from the original question.  The verses quoted have nothing to do with it.

Even though our eyes are opened when we accept Jesus Christ as our savior, it doesn't mean we know everything in our hearts.  It means we are awakened to our helplessness without Christ.  It means so many things.  It means we realize Christ took our place on the Cross.

Here's a little story (not the one I mentioned in another thread).

You have a pet (dog?).  You really love this dog.  Would you be willing to become a dog to save your dog?  I don't think so.  Neither would I.  Christ lowered Himself because of agape.

Grace and peace,
cris

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2005, 11:08:13 AM »

Even though our eyes are opened when we accept Jesus Christ as our savior, it doesn't mean we know everything in our hearts.  It means we are awakened to our helplessness without Christ.  It means so many things.  It means we realize Christ took our place on the Cross.

cris...yes!

As I said before, we are really saying the same exact thing, just maybe from slightly different perspective is all.

I totally agree with you!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2005, 11:17:05 AM »

cris...yes!

As I said before, we are really saying the same exact thing, just maybe from slightly different perspective is all.

I totally agree with you!

Grace and Peace!

May HE continue to bless you abundantly!

Grace and peace,
cris

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2005, 11:20:59 AM »

Same to you Cris

Tim

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2005, 11:25:46 AM »

Same to you Cris

Thanks!

Remember.................when 2 or more are gathered together..........

Grace and peace,
cris

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2005, 01:09:34 PM »

I didn't know the ancient Hebrews believed the bowels, kidney's and heart were the three centers of thought and emotion.

Yeah, some Christian Comedians make jokes about it. THe Bowels being the center of the heart, it gives the phrase "Baby, you move me" a whole different meaning! Grin

Here's one for ya.  How about the "heart of man" being the subconscious?  IMO it might be possible why God said the heart of man is wicked above all else-------who can know it?  God can!  We don't and won't know because the two are not integrated, totally.  This could get into a very long debate so I won't go too much further with it-----------'cause it can be complex.

Very interesting. Hey, they picked 3 parts of the Body as the centers of thought, prehaps that what the Herbrew way of explaining the Id, Ego, and Superego.

Oh, and for the record, the part about the heart beating with emotions was just my two cents, I don't know if that is why they thought that or not, it just seems logical. So, don't try to google it. Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2005, 01:22:25 PM »

I didn't know the ancient Hebrews believed the bowels, kidney's and heart were the three centers of thought and emotion.

Yeah, some Christian Comedians make jokes about it. THe Bowels being the center of the heart, it gives the phrase "Baby, you move me" a whole different meaning! Grin

Here's one for ya.  How about the "heart of man" being the subconscious?  IMO it might be possible why God said the heart of man is wicked above all else-------who can know it?  God can!  We don't and won't know because the two are not integrated, totally.  This could get into a very long debate so I won't go too much further with it-----------'cause it can be complex.

Very interesting. Hey, they picked 3 parts of the Body as the centers of thought, prehaps that what the Herbrew way of explaining the Id, Ego, and Superego.

Oh, and for the record, the part about the heart beating with emotions was just my two cents, I don't know if that is why they thought that or not, it just seems logical. So, don't try to google it. Grin

Tibby--------you're hilarious! Grin Grin Grin  I really needed that laugh.

Grace and peace,
cris

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2005, 01:29:15 PM »

Don't thank me, thank Mark Lowry Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
ZakDar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2005, 02:28:27 PM »

The "heart" of man is his/her spirit. Man has three facets to his his being - spirit, soul, and body.

1Th 5:23  And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

And we know that spirit and soul are NOT the same thing by this verse:

Heb 4:12  For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Rom 7:22  For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23  But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

Here is definitely a lot of what true spirit is:

Gal 5:22  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23  Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
Gal 5:24  And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
Gal 5:25  If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

And God communicates and teaches us through our spirits:

Job 32:8  But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

Pro 20:27  The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly. (This one gives cause to the actual physical location of the spirit in the body).

Zec 12:1  The burden of the word of the LORD for Israel, saith the LORD, which stretcheth forth the heavens, and layeth the foundation of the earth, and formeth the spirit of man within him.

1Co 2:11  For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

1Co 2:14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

The "inner" man.....

Eph 3:16  That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
Eph 3:17  That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
Eph 3:18  May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
Eph 3:19  And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God.

1Pe 3:4  But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

Hope this elucidates a bit on the spirit, or heart of man.

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the