Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:45:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286802 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  'Desecration' of Koran Story Sparks Global Islamic Fury
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 'Desecration' of Koran Story Sparks Global Islamic Fury  (Read 4167 times)
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2005, 03:37:41 AM »

I'm surprised no one is talking about this story.  Newsweek has now recanted its story that caused all the trouble, but it seems the damage is already done.

Jack Kinsella has sumed it up nicely in his most recent article.   I highly recommed reading.  

http://www.omegaletter.com/articles.asp?ArticleID=5374

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 03:54:06 AM »

I'm surprised no one is talking about this story.  Newsweek has now recanted its story that caused all the trouble, but it seems the damage is already done.

Jack Kinsella has sumed it up nicely in his most recent article.   I highly recommed reading.  

Grace and Peace!
I was waiting for you to do it 2 days ago.

Bronzesnake
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 09:00:17 AM »

Grace and Peace!

I actually brought it up on my forum.

That article is well stated.

Here's something else to consider. How many of the people from the "enraged" nations mentioned as going berserk actually read Newsweek? This whole thing was used by a select few, terrorists leaders in order to incite hate against the U.S. and allies. The ugly truth is that the Islamic world is populated by hateful, bloodthirsty people, and as Kinsella correctly points out - our own left wing media is supplying the gas for the fires, which will eventually, set the world ablaze.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 09:54:39 AM »

Newsweek lied and people died:  All in the name of Newsweek's hatred of George Bush.  Newsweek will deny the real reason they lied (and continue to lie) – just as Dan Rather did.  Nonetheless, Newsweek lied and people died.  

The magazine editor and the scores of others just like him around the world will receive their just rewards.  

A lie that kills is murder.  Plain and simple.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 05:19:14 PM »

Grace and Peace!
You know, in a way this is funny. Islamic world blasted for protesting Quran 'story' yet staying silent on trashing of other faiths' sites.

In October 2000, after Israeli troops evacuated the city of Nablus as a peacemaking gesture, scores of Palestinians stormed into the Joseph's Tomb compound and destroyed the site believed to be the burial place of the biblical patriarch Joseph – the son of Jacob who was sold by his brothers into slavery and later became the viceroy of Egypt.

The 1993 Oslo Accords put Joseph's Tomb under Israeli jurisdiction, but on Oct. 7, 2000, then-Prime Minister Ehud Barak ordered a unilateral retreat, based on a Palestinian agreement to protect the site.

Within hours of the Israeli withdrawal, smoke was seen billowing from the tomb as an Arab crowd burned Jewish prayer books and other holy objects. Palestinians used pickaxes, hammers and later bulldozers to tear apart the stone building. The dome of the tomb was painted green, and a mosque was subsequently erected in its place.
There was almost total silence in the Muslim world when Palestinians blew up Jews at their Passover seder, when Joseph's tomb was desecrated, and even overall with regard to terrorism.

These leaders, who have no conscience, they aren't upset for religious reasons. It's just an excuse, to attack other faiths. Nowhere in the parameters of humanity is it tolerable to destroy a holy site. The Muslims did something even an animal wouldn't do. Only humans who are completely sick with no sense of reason can do such a thing. And only a religion that is beyond the pale of humanity can sit back and not protest such an act.

Resting with the Lord.
Bob

Revelation 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2005, 06:13:19 PM »

Yeah, I agree.   It really is crazy.   The hatred is already there, looking for any means to justify itself, even lies.    Roll Eyes
Don't expect this to go away anytime soon.  

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2005, 10:30:02 PM »

Tim - you're right - this story isn't going away soon.  Right now we are seeing the phase of 'media protecting their own' (the good ol' boys in journalism protecting the other good ol' boys in journalism).  Media is never quick to do a feeding frenzy on its self (Rather-gate.).  I think this story will be "intensely" significant in non-alphabet-channel-news until, finally, the "mainstream news" HAS to focus on it to remain credible.

What if desecration of Christian symbols by the likes of the ACLU would become a "story" like this one?  What is the difference in a copy of the koran being flushed and a cross being stolen?

I think the fact that Christians DON'T riot every time a Cross is removed by the ACLU tells volumes about Christ's Army as compared to armies of false gods.

Godless news media is beginning to self-destruct.  I suggest we pray that the trend continues.  Grin  

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Bronzesnake
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2005, 01:29:41 AM »

Grace and Peace!
You know, in a way this is funny. Islamic world blasted for protesting Quran 'story' yet staying silent on trashing of other faiths' sites.

In October 2000, after Israeli troops evacuated the city of Nablus as a peacemaking gesture, scores of Palestinians stormed into the Joseph's Tomb compound and destroyed the site believed to be the burial place of the biblical patriarch Joseph – the son of Jacob who was sold by his brothers into slavery and later became the viceroy of Egypt.

The 1993 Oslo Accords put Joseph's Tomb under Israeli jurisdiction, but on Oct. 7, 2000, then-Prime Minister Ehud Barak ordered a unilateral retreat, based on a Palestinian agreement to protect the site.

Within hours of the Israeli withdrawal, smoke was seen billowing from the tomb as an Arab crowd burned Jewish prayer books and other holy objects. Palestinians used pickaxes, hammers and later bulldozers to tear apart the stone building. The dome of the tomb was painted green, and a mosque was subsequently erected in its place.
There was almost total silence in the Muslim world when Palestinians blew up Jews at their Passover seder, when Joseph's tomb was desecrated, and even overall with regard to terrorism.

These leaders, who have no conscience, they aren't upset for religious reasons. It's just an excuse, to attack other faiths. Nowhere in the parameters of humanity is it tolerable to destroy a holy site. The Muslims did something even an animal wouldn't do. Only humans who are completely sick with no sense of reason can do such a thing. And only a religion that is beyond the pale of humanity can sit back and not protest such an act.

Resting with the Lord.
Bob

Revelation 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Come on Bob, don't hold back - tell us what you really feel!! Grin

I agree with you Bob. The Islamic world is viscious, and hypocritical. Let's stop pretending it's anything else.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2005, 03:43:39 AM »

Grace and Peace!

Resting with the Lord.
Bob

Come on Bob, don't hold back - tell us what you really feel!! Grin

I agree with you Bob. The Islamic world is viscious, and hypocritical. Let's stop pretending it's anything else.
Yes, I know I got a [size=10]little[/size] carried away. My point is though, what other faith would send children to kill, in a holy war. Only the muslims, would do this. Yes in Vietnam, children killed soldiers. They however didn't kill cilivilans.

Holy War, also called jihad, The purpose of Holy War, in other words, is not directly to spread the Islamic faith but to extend sovereign Muslim power (faith, of course, often follows the flag). Holy War is thus unabashedly offensive in nature, with the eventual goal of achieving Muslim dominion over the entire globe.

Holy War,  in the sense of territorial expansion has always been a central aspect of Muslim life. That's how Muslims came to rule much of the Arabian Peninsula by the time of the Prophet Muhammad's death in 632. It's how, a century later, Muslims had conquered a region from Afghanistan to Spain. Subsequently, jihad spurred and justified Muslim conquests of such territories as India, Sudan, Anatolia, and the Balkans.

Today, Holy War is the world's foremost source of terrorism, inspiring a worldwide campaign of violence by self-proclaimed jihadist groups:

The International Islamic Front for the Jihad Against Jews and Crusaders: Osama bin Laden's organization;
Laskar Jihad: responsible for the murder of more than 10,000 Christians in Indonesia;
Harakat ul-Jihad-i-Islami: a leading cause of violence in Kashmir;
Palestinian Islamic Jihad: the most vicious anti-Israel terrorist group of them all;
Egyptian Islamic Jihad: killed Anwar El-Sadat in 1981, many others since;
Yemeni Islamic Jihad: killed three American missionaries on Monday.

Yes I know I have gone on to much now. Someone tell me to shut up.
Bob

Zechariah 2:12 And the LORD shall inherit Judah his portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2005, 05:55:26 AM »

PA TV Sermon: Subjugate Christians, Exterminate Jews!
19:48 May 17, '05 / 8 Iyar 5765

A sermon broadcast last Friday on PA (Palestinian Authority) television called for the subjugation of all Christian countries under Islam and the extermination of every Jew.

The Moslem cleric, Ibrahim Mudayris, told Palestinians, “The day will come and we shall rule America, Britain, we shall rule the entire world, except the Jews.” According to Mudayris, unlike the Christian countries, Jews cannot be placed under subjugation. He told Palestinian television viewers that the only fate awaiting Jews is death by extermination.

The sermon’s content clearly indicates that the PA under Mahmoud Abbas has not met its commitment to stem anti-Semitic and anti-Israel incitement in the Palestinian media. The cleric’s sermon is as virulent and hateful as any of the Jew hatred published by the Nazi German regime, making the PA one of the primary proponents of anti-Semitic propaganda in the world today.

In the sermon, which was translated by Itmar Marcus and Barbara Cook of Palestinian Media Watch, Ibrahim Mudayris reiterated many of the often-repeated PA justifications for the anticipated genocide, including the following hate message:

1. The Jews have inherently evil character traits that Muhammad warned Muslims about in the Koran.
2. The Jews have been the source of conflict throughout all of history: “The Jews are a virus similar to AIDS, from which the entire world is suffering.”
3. The persecution of Jews throughout history is presented as natural responses of self-defense by numerous countries against the evil of the Jews. Britain, France, Portugal, Czarist Russia, Nazi Germany, all persecuted and/or expelled Jews – as acts of self-defense and revenge.
4. Zionism was created by Britain in order solve its Jewish problem by sending them to Israel.
5. God has predetermined that the Jewish problem will be solved with the extermination of the Jews.
6. God has predetermined that the Christian -Islam interactions will end with today's Christian countries under Islam.
7. Israel has no right to exist and will be destroyed.

A partial transcript of the sermon reads as follows:

Koran: “Indeed you will find that of all mankind, those with the strongest hatred of the believers are the Jews and the pagans” al-Maada : 82 [the Table]
Mudayris: "There is no god but Allah, Who warned His Prophet and Beloved [Muhammad] of the Jews; who murdered their prophets, and falsified their Bible; who were corrupt and corrupted throughout their existence; [and] violated their treaties and agreements. Hundreds of verses about them came down [from the heavens] and appeared in the Koran. And in them it is told of the corruption of their qualities and their evil intentions…

Had Allah not protected your Beloved, he would have been a victim of the Jews’ treachery, he would have been one of the thousands of prophets that were murdered by the Jews…

This [May 15, the day the PA marks Israel’s Independence] is the hardest day of remembrance for the Palestinian people … because with the loss of Palestine, the Arab nation was lost, and with the establishment of the false State of Israel, the whole Muslim nation was lost.

With the establishment of the State of Israel, the entire Muslim nation was lost because Israel is a cancer that spread in the body of the Islamic nation; because the Jews are a virus similar to AIDS, from which the entire world is suffering. This has been proven in history. Read the history! I don’t want you to read the Koran, because the Koran is clear and permanent and we all believe it, but for those who do not believe the Koran, we say to them: read the history...

You’ll find that Jews behind every conflict on Earth. The suffering of nations? The Jews are behind it! Ask Britain! What did it do to the Jews at the beginning of the sixth century? What did they do to the Jews? [They] chased them down them, made them suffer, and prevented them from entering for more than 300 consecutive years...

Ask France what it did to the Jews! They made them suffer, chased them down and burned their Talmud, for the conflicts that they [i.e. Jews] tried to ignite in France in the period of Louis XIX. Ask Portugal what it did to the Jews!

Ask Czarist Russia - who hosted the Jews and they plotted to murder the Czar! And they were massacred again and again. Don’t ask Germany what it did to the Jews, since the Jews are the ones who provoked the Nazis so the world would go to war against it.

On the day the Jews provoked – through the Zionist movement – the nations of the world to fight Germany economically, and to boycott German goods; on the day that they incited Russia, Britain, France and Italy, the anger of the Germans toward the Jews increased significantly, and what happened – happened at that time so that [Holocaust] Remembrance Day is commemorated by the Jews to this day.

For they are doing worse things than what was done to them in the era of the Nazi war. It is likely some of them were killed, and it is likely some of them were burned, but they’re exaggerating the description [of the Holocaust] in order to gain [the attention of] world media, and world sympathy.

The worst criminal acts in history were perpetrated upon the Jews, but they are not worse than those perpetrated upon the inhabitants of Palestine. What was done to the Jews is a crime, but isn't what they are doing in Palestine a crime…?

The Jews did not have a national home on this earth because they are liars! They are liars if they say that the establishment of a national home in Palestine appears in their faith. They were never interested in and never considered the establishment of a national home in Palestine itself. They were interested in a national home in any place at all, any place at all...

Britain is the one that promised them the establishment of a national home on the land of Palestine. Why? Because Britain was disgusted by the Jewish presence there, in Britain, and wanted to be relieved of them, and therefore promised to establish a national home in Palestine…

The right [of the Jews] stems from their power, but our right - or our power - stems from our right. The rights of the Jews stem from their power, and power is transient…

The Palestinian nation is the strongest on earth. Look at all the civilizations! Look at all the states! Look at all the civilizations and forces and empires. Where did Great Britain disappear? Where did the Czar’s Russia disappear? Where did France, which almost ruled the world, disappear? Where did Nazi Germany, which massacred millions and ruled the earth, disappear? Where did all those forces disappear? In Allah’s will, He will get rid of the USA like he got rid of them. He caused Russia to disappear within a day, and He is the one Who can remove the USA and bring it down, and so He shall do it, in Allah’s will...

We [Muslims] have ruled the world [in the past] and a day will come, by Allah, and we shall rule the world [again]. The day will come and we shall rule America, Britain, we shall rule the entire world, except the Jews. The Jews will not live under our rule agreeably permanently, since they have been treacherous in nature throughout history.

A day will come when all shall rest from the Jews, even the tree and the stone, which have suffered from them. Listen to your Beloved [Muhammad], who tells you about the most dire end awaiting the Jews. The tree and the stone want the Muslim to bring every Jew to his end. You all know the Hadith." [PA TV, May 13, 2005]
Mudayris here is referring to following Hadith:

“The Hour [Resurrection] will not come until the Muslims make war against the Jews and kill them, and until a Jew hiding behind a rock and tree, and the rock and tree will say: ‘Muslim, servant of Allah, there is a Jew behind me, come and kill him!”
He explains that the fulfillment of the often-preached Hadith means the extermination of every last Jew is Allah’s will and is, thus, inevitable.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/news.php3?id=82128
Resting with the Lord.
Bob

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2005, 05:57:39 AM »

Special Dispatch Series - No. 908
May 17, 2005 No.908

This Week's Palestinian Authority Sermon: We (Muslims) Will Rule America; Israel is a Cancer; Jews are a Virus Resembling AIDS; Muslims Will Finish Them Off

The following are excerpts from this week's official Friday sermon on Palestinian Authority (PA) TV. [1] The preacher is Sheik Ibrahim Mudeiris, a paid employee of the PA. To view the sermon visit http://memritv.org/search.asp?ACT=S9&P1=669.

"Allah has tormented us with 'the people most hostile to the believers' – the Jews. 'Thou shalt find that the people most hostile to the believers to be the Jews and the polytheists.' Allah warned His beloved Prophet Muhammad about the Jews, who had killed their prophets, forged their Torah, and sowed corruption throughout their history.

"With the establishment of the state of Israel, the entire Islamic nation was lost, because Israel is a cancer spreading through the body of the Islamic nation, and because the Jews are a virus resembling AIDS, from which the entire world suffers.

"You will find that the Jews were behind all the civil strife in this world. The Jews are behind the suffering of the nations.

"Ask Britain what it did to the Jews in the early sixth century. What did they do to the Jews? They expelled them, tortured them, and prevented them from entering Britain for more than 300 years. All this was because of what the Jews did in Britain. Ask France what it did to the Jews. They tortured them, expelled them, and burned their Talmud, because of the civil strife the Jews wanted to spark in France, in the days of Louis XIX. Ask Portugal what it did to the Jews. Ask Czarist Russia, which welcomed the Jews, who plotted to kill the Czar - so he massacred them. But don't ask Germany what it did to the Jews. It was the Jews who provoked Nazism to wage war against the entire world, when the Jews, using the Zionist movement, got other countries to wage an economic war on Germany and to boycott German merchandise. They provoked Russia, Britain, France, and Italy. This enraged the Germans toward the Jews, leading to the events of those days, which the Jews commemorat today.

"But they are committing worse deeds than those done to them in the Nazi war. Yes, perhaps some of them were killed and some burned, but they are inflating this in order to win over the of the media and gain the world's sympathy. The worst crimes in history were committed against the Jews, yet these crimes are no worse than what the Jews are doing in Palestine. What was done to the Jews was a crime, but isn't what the Jews are doing today in the land of Palestine not a crime?!

"Look at modern history. Where has Great Britain gone? Where has Czarist Russia gone? Where has France gone - France, which almost ruled the entire world? Where is Nazi Germany, which massacred millions and ruled the world? Where did all these superpowers go? He who made them disappear will make America disappear too, God willing. He who made Russia disappear overnight is capable of making America disappear and fall, Allah willing.

"We have ruled the world before, and by Allah, the day will come when we will rule the entire world again. The day will come when we will rule America. The day will come when we will rule Britain and the entire world – except for the Jews. The Jews will not enjoy a life of tranquility under our rule, because they are treacherous by nature, as they have been throughout history. The day will come when everything will be relived of the Jews - even the stones and trees which were harmed by them. Listen to the Prophet Muhammad, who tells you about the evil end that awaits Jews. The stones and trees will want the Muslims to finish off every Jew."

http://memri.org/bin/latestnews.cgi?ID=SD90805

Resting with the Lord.
Bob

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2005, 06:02:47 AM »

Palestinians Used Bible Toilet Paper - Received Little Notice
FLUSH TO JUDGMENT
Palestinians used Bibletoilet paper

Muslims' desecration of holy book received little notice
Posted: May 18, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

While Muslims have responded with deadly outrage to the now-retracted report by Newsweek of alleged Quran desecration by U.S. interrogators, there was little outcry three years ago when Islamic terrorists holed up in Bethlehem's Church of the Nativity reportedly used the Bible as toilet paper.

Catholic priests in the church marking the spot where Jesus was believed to have been born said that during the five-week siege, Palestinians tore up some Bibles for toilet paper and removed many valuable sacramental objects, according to a May 15, 2002, report by the Washington Times.

Newsweek is under fire for a report in its May 9 edition that sparked protests and rioting across the Muslim world resulting in 17 dead, scores injured, relief buildings burned down and a setback to years of coalition-building against terrorists.

Newsweek's Periscope column written by Michael Isikoff and John Barry included a brief item alleging U.S. military investigators at the Guantanamo Bay prison found evidence that interrogators placed copies of the Quran down the toilet in an effort to get prisoners to talk.

Despite Newsweek's retraction, the outrage in the Muslim world continues.

In Saudi Arabia yesterday, the country's top religious authority, Grand Mufti Adul-Aziz al-Sheik, condemned the alleged desecration and called for an investigation "to alleviate the sorrow that befell Muslims."

"We condemn and denounce this criminal act against Muslims' most sacred item," al-Sheik said.

Afghanistan's government said Newsweek should be held responsible for damages caused by the demonstrations, and Pakistan said the magazine's apology and retraction were "not enough."

In contrast, during the 2002 church siege, the muted complaints of Christians under the Muslim-dominated Palestinian Authority gained little traction.

The Palestinian gunmen, members of Yasser Arafat's Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigade, seized church stockpiles of food and "ate like greedy monsters" until the food ran out, while more than 150 civilians went hungry, the Washington Times report said.

The indulgence lasted about two weeks into the 39-day siege, when the food and drink ran out, according to an account by four Greek Orthodox priests trapped inside. A church helper told the Times the quantity of food consumed by the gunmen in the first 15 days should have lasted six months.

Angry Orthodox priests showed reporters empty bottles of whiskey, champagne, vodka, cognac and French wine on the floor along with hundreds of cigarette butts.

"They should be ashamed of themselves. They acted like animals, like greedy monsters. Come, I will show you more," said one priest, who declined to give his name.

Computers were taken apart and a television set dismantled for use as a hiding place for weapons.

"You can see what repayment we got for 'hosting' these so-called guests," said Archbishop Ironius, according to the Times report.

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=44324

Resting with the Lord.
Bob

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2005, 06:22:11 AM »

Dreamweaver,

WOW! - Very informative. I was just thinking about 1 and possibly more generations of Muslim children taught in their schools to hate us. There are many Muslim schools in our own country teaching the same garbage.

With recent events, it should become more and more obvious that the world is getting ready to blow. The fuse has been lit for many years, and I doubt very seriously that the fuse will be snuffed out.

Brother, the time appears to be short. I hope and pray that JESUS comes soon.

Love In Christ,
Tom

John 14:16-18  And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2005, 10:06:15 AM »

Someone tell me to shut up.
Bob

Not me, I appreciate the information. Thanks Bob!

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Bronzesnake
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2005, 12:16:09 PM »

Someone tell me to shut up.
Bob

Not me, I appreciate the information. Thanks Bob!

Nor me! You didn't get a LITTLE carried away either - you hit it right on the nail head!

Keep it coming brother Bob! Smiley
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the