Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:12:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  General Discussion (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Warfare Prayer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Warfare Prayer  (Read 2879 times)
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2005, 03:01:12 PM »

I found this prayer to be very uplifting and wanted to share it.

Warfare Prayer
To begin your day or to fight off the enemy

Dear Lord, thank you for assuring me of victory today.  So by faith I claim victory over ___________ [whatever you face today]

To prepare myself for the battle, by faith I put on the belt of truth.  I put on the truth about You, Lord:
The truth is that You are the sovereign God who comprehends everything about me, all my strengths and my weaknesses intimately.
The truth is that You know my weakest characteristics, and yet You have promised not to allow me to be tempted beyond what I am able to bear.
The truth about me, Lord, is that I am new creation in Christ, and I have been set free from the power of sin and death.
The truth is that I am indwelt by the Holy Spirit Who will guide me into all truth and Who will warn me when danger is near.
The truth is that I am Your child, and nothing can separate me from Your love.
The turth is that You have a specific purpose for me this day--someone to encourage, someone to share with, someone to love.
And the truth also is that I have a unique life purpose which defines my actions throughout my whole life and which will be demonstrated today in my circumstances.

Next, Lord, I want by faith to put on the breastplate of righteousness.
In Your righteousness and goodness which I receive today, I gueard my heart and my emotions.
I will not allow my heart to attch itself to anything that is impure.
I will not allow my emotions or my  mind to rule in my decisions, but rather the Mind of Christ.
I present my body a living sacrifice, yielding it as an instrument of righteousness.  I do not permit my body to yield to unrighteousness.
I will set my heart on what is right and good and just.
I will live today by what is true, not by what I feel or even what I perceive.  And the God of Peace will be with me!
Today I will learn how to be content in whatever state I find myself.  Teach me, oh Lord!

Lord, this morning I put on the sandals of the gospel of peace.
I am available to you, Lord.  Send me where you will.
Guide me to those who need encouragement or physical help of some kind.
Use me to solve conflicts wherever they may arise.  Make me a peacemaker and an ambassador of reconciliation in every circumstance in which You place me.
I will not be hurried or rushed, for my schedule is in Your hands.
I will not leave a trail of tension and apprehension behind me.
I will not walk in fear and anxiety but in Your perfect love rejoicing in prayer and supplication with thanksgiving, making my requests known to You with bold grace.
I will leave tracks of peace and blessing wherever I go.

I now take up the shield of faith, Lord.
My faith is in You and You alone.  Apart from You, I can do nothing.  With You I can do all things.
I lay down all tendencies to trust anything other than You first in my life.
No temptation that comes my way can penetrate Your protecting hedge about me, and no man can pluck me out of Your hand.
I will not be afraid, for You are going with me throughout this day.
When I am tempted, I will claim my victory out loud ahead of time, for You have promised victory to those who walk in obedience to Your scripture.
So by faith I claim victory even now because I know there are fiery darts headed my way even as I pray.  Lord, You already know what they are and have already provided the way of escape.

Lord, by faith I am putting on the helmet of salvation.
You know how satan bombards my mind day and night with evil thoughts, desires, and fears.
I put on this helmet that will protect my mind.
I may feel the impact of his attacks, but nothing can penetrate this helmet.
I choose to stop every impure and negative thought at the door of my mind.
And with the helmet of salvation those thoughts will get no further.
I elect to take every thought captive in obedience to Christ.
I will then revenge the disobedience of those thoughts by offereing them to You on the cross where Your death is my victory.  Thank You, Jesus, for bearing these sinful thoughts and every sinful and rebellious act that has ever proceeded from them
I will dwell on nothing but what is good and right and pleasing to You.

I take up the sword of the Spirit, which is Your Word.
Thank You for the precious gift of Jesus the Word.
He is sharp and powerful, and able to defeat even the strongest of satan's attacks.
Your scripture says that I am not under obligation to the flesh to obey it's lusts.
Your scripture says that I am free from the power of sin.
Your scripture says that He that is in me is greater than he that is in the world.
So by faith I take up the strong and powerful sword of the Spirit wihch is Your spoken revelation to me and the intentions of Your heart toward me.
This sword is able to defend me in time of attack, comfort me in time of sorrow, teach me in times of meditation, and prevail against the power of the enemy on behalf of others who need the truth to set them free.

Finally, Lord, I labor as a watchman on the fortress walls of prayer.
I am a sentry in the battle.
I will be alert ot the movements of the enemy.
I will always keep on praying for all the saints.
I will report his srategies as I observe them to your throne of grace so that you may bombard him with heavenly artillery before he ever reaches his evil goal.
I will intercede against him in every place I see him or evidence of him.
I will pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.
As a watchman and a sentry of prayer I will not fail to see his attacks before he launches them.

So, Lord, I go now rejoicing that You have chosen me to represent You to this lost and dying world.  I go rejoicing that You have chosen me to know You so that I can also make You known to others.  May others see Jesus in me, and may satan and his hosts shudder as Your power is demonstrated in me.

In Jesus' Name, I claim all this to be true - AMEN.

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the