Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:41:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286805 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Hail, Caesar!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hail, Caesar!  (Read 4001 times)
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: July 16, 2003, 07:47:03 AM »

Pat Robertson on his 700 Club yesterday, according to CBS News last night, is calling for 21 Days of Prayer, for the three Supreme Court justices, on their recent support for wholesale sodomy nationwide--that they would be replaced with conservative, God-fearing judges.

CBS quoted Robertson as calling for "a miracle", but said they weren't sure whether that meant for God to strike down these three, or just for better replacements.

Whew.  I use to look to our government to support me in the basic notions of right or wrong, of morality--to, as it were, "back me up".   I just assumed--if I had children, who were vulnerable, or a spouse, who might be vulnerable, perhaps in a public restroom, etc.  But now, I guess even our police forces will gradually become homosexual so, as Bill Murray might scream, "Who you gonna call"?  In Holland, according to an article in The New Yorker magazine last fall, their police have special booths set up at Gay Pride events, to hire, specifically, homosexual police officers.

Hail, Caesar!
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2003, 08:13:36 AM »

Pat Robertson on his 700 Club yesterday, according to CBS News last night, is calling for 21 Days of Prayer, for the three Supreme Court justices, on their recent support for wholesale sodomy nationwide--that they would be replaced with conservative, God-fearing judges.

CBS quoted Robertson as calling for "a miracle", but said they weren't sure whether that meant for God to strike down these three, or just for better replacements.

Whew.  I use to look to our government to support me in the basic notions of right or wrong, of morality--to, as it were, "back me up".   I just assumed--if I had children, who were vulnerable, or a spouse, who might be vulnerable, perhaps in a public restroom, etc.  But now, I guess even our police forces will gradually become homosexual so, as Bill Murray might scream, "Who you gonna call"?  In Holland, according to an article in The New Yorker magazine last fall, their police have special booths set up at Gay Pride events, to hire, specifically, homosexual police officers.

Hail, Caesar!

Going, Going, Gone

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2003, 02:05:38 PM »

Good old Pat Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2003, 03:08:59 PM »

Huh
Psalm 119

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2003, 05:41:17 PM »

Symphony,

Pat Robertson is embroiled in his own "controversy" right now. It appears he could lose millions of dollars with his investment in a Liberian gold mine. He actually wants the now president (a thug) to stay in office, so he does not lose his investment.

I think we all need to pray for Pat Robertson, then the Supreme Court.

Psalm 119
Ambassador4Christ
Gold Member

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2003, 06:17:25 PM »

Symphony,

Pat Robertson is embroiled in his own "controversy" right now. It appears he could lose millions of dollars with his investment in a Liberian gold mine. He actually wants the now president (a thug) to stay in office, so he does not lose his investment.

I think we all need to pray for Pat Robertson, then the Supreme Court.

Psalm 119

DITTO Grin

Are You GOING TO HEAVEN?

http://forums.christiansunite.com/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=550

Galatians 4:16   Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
BDoggy

Have you heard? I broke up with Mary Jane! :)

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2003, 09:06:36 PM »

Pat Robertson is a goof-ball. personally, I wouldnt take anything he says too seriously. I would not say he is as bad as say, Benny Hinn or Paul Crouch, but I think he is definitely someone to avoid. As for president Bush being a thug......I'm not sure exactly what that comment is being based on, although I'd be curious to know.

"Virtually every theological heresy begins with a misconception of the nature of God."
                                            -Hank Hanegraaff
Hitch

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2003, 10:39:10 PM »

Hmmmm

For about 100 years in America the church has  (slyly) welcomed any bad news as the latest 'sure sign' of his (Christ's) return.

While the secularist have been busy traing men to become judges.

duh

Bradbury wrote a story in which all the men of the world agreed that such terrible horrors were coming,on a specific date, that in kindness and pity they killed thier children in order to spare them the cruelities sure to come. The nightmare ends as the sun rises in the morning and the only 'horrors' turned out to be self inflicted.

We really dont have any right to complain when pagans, secularists and the various forms and expressions of antichrist, rear up and spit in our collective face when we have been cowering like frightened rabbits for more than a century. Where the church is not involved there is a vacuum of any real standard  and eventually deeper and deeper darkness will entrench.

To regain lost ground and to conquor new territoty takes time and commitment and willingness to sacrfice  in the present in order to gain in the future. But its easier and more stylish to proclaim every evil the next 'sure sign.

Jesus said we would reap what we sow, and we are. Nothing of fantastic spiritual conflict caused this recent loss. Rather generations of acceptence and the 'dont polish the brass on a sinking ship' mentality have fruited. It began when the church traded her birthright, the entire positive future, for the porrige of escapism.

Take care

Hitch
twobombs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2003, 11:38:34 PM »

I live in Holland. You guys over there have no idea how it's like over here....   just not a clue...

And be happy about that.

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
Brother Love
Gold Member

"FAITH ALONE IN CHRIST ALONE"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2003, 03:48:45 AM »

Pat Robertson is a goof-ball. personally, I wouldnt take anything he says too seriously. I would not say he is as bad as say, Benny Hinn or Paul Crouch, but I think he is definitely someone to avoid. As for president Bush being a thug......I'm not sure exactly what that comment is being based on, although I'd be curious to know.

How true

Brother Love Smiley

THINGS THAT DIFFER By C.R. Stam
Read it on line for "FREE"

http://www.geocities.com/protestantscot/ttd/ttd_chap1.html

<Smiley))><
missyann250

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2003, 03:57:04 AM »

While justice provides law and order, mercy provides hope and forgiveness-God's formula for restoration.

Wow, it is always amazing to me when I hear of such extremes and how the media opts for the slant on the mode of America.  I know Pat is looked at in certain ways, but the morals.....come on.
When the show really began to display evidence to me, (knowing prophecy), about twenty years ago I never would have imagined it would spin this fast into such hard core, down right evil end time proof that the Lord's return would be soon. I am always amazed, maybe shocked.  I am so happy to see that there has been doors opened where I work to just talk a little testimony in how I believe on this or that.
We do have to be glad that so many people are being saved.  But there are sooo many out there that aren't.  Unfortunately, getting the thought out that they don't have to worry about giving up life and that life is more fruitful in better ways than they could conjure up is the culprit.  Too many slants here and there such as this . But, God is more powerful, and I've been praying for all His power with my home.  My daughter, in one year, slowly has been turned.  This is an evil generation with too many gadgets and recreation to drag people away.  
Ya think they would listen if many of us would write the Opinion section in our local papers on this news station remark to let them know there's more christians out there than they care to turn off their station?  It just came to my mind that this is one way we take a stand.  I just thought of this too, " Who's afraid of the big bad wolf?".  :)missy  Thanks  for the report!
Hey, hitch, I can agree, somewhat on a human level, but I have always taken a stand.  But, moreso, God has moved that stand. There are many christians, and I can testify for the last, well, several years, that have truley lived for God's will and have been motivating, and outreaching, not asleep.  I am sure it's not due to laxness in as much as it's suppose to be, and we are to take persecution, and love our enemy.  God will take care of the rest.  I attended a church that was small, but headed by the Tribes Mission Headquarters in Florida. Some of these people had put as much as forty years in the mission field, aware of issues in the governmental realm and active locally and for the nation.  I was truley blessed to be in their presence.  They didn't care, as long as you were saved, were being saved, and knew that there was always hope.  The elderly people walked the neighborhoods to witness and invite people to church. Everywhere I have moved, there has always been an opportunity for the Lord to bring another person into His fold.  We have hope, it's just difficult at times when the world is sooo busy. Thanks for your information, I enjoy reading all aspects.
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2003, 04:32:09 PM »

Thanks, Missyann.  'Appreciate you post.  Is that "New Tribes Mission", in Sarasota, Florida?

I live in Holland. You guys over there have no idea how it's like over here....   just not a clue...

And be happy about that.

Hi, 2bombs.  What IS it like overthere??  Are they really recruiting specifically gay police officers?

Thanks, Psalm119.  Nope, I wasn't aware of that about Pat Robertson...  
« Last Edit: July 19, 2003, 04:44:40 PM by Symphony » Logged
ollie
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2003, 04:53:25 PM »

I have a suspicion that America already has homosexual police officers among their ranks, just as the armed forces, congress, the white house staff, the medical profession, and on and on do.

And oh, by the by:

"Render to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's!"
missyann250

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2003, 12:05:19 AM »

NO SYMPHONY, NEW TRIBES IS IN A LITTLE TOWN IN SANFORD,FL. MOST MISSIONARIES GO TO SOUTH AMERICA, THE LAST NEWS ON THIS MISSION WAS WHEN AN ELDERLY COUPLE WERE KIDNAPPED BY THE MILITIA IN THE PHILLIPINES AND THE HUSBAND WAS KILLED A LONG WITH OTHER CAPTIVES, YET THE WIFE MADE IT BACK HOME.  ALL MISSIONARIES TAKE A CHANCE WITH THEIR LIFE EVERY DAY IN SOUTH AMERICA.  IT TAKES FROM ONE YEAR TO MANY TO DECIPHER THE LANGUAGE IN REMOTE AREAS, AND JUST WALKING DOWN A PATH COULD PROVOKE A SUSPICIOUS THOUGHT BY TRIBESMEN THAT COULD COST THEIR LIFE.  tHESE PEOPLE ARE THE MOST HUMBLE, AND THEY SEEM TO TRANSCEND PEACE. WHAT A BLESSING TO LISTEN TO THE PASTOR WHO IS FROM ENGLAND.  SIMPLE PROFOUND TEACHINGS FROM GOD'S WORD.  THERE WAS NO SLANT TO THE UPDATED REPORTS ON THE CAPTURED MISSIONARIES. SOME TRIED TO POOH IT AND SAY IT WAS THEIR FAULT THEY PUT THEMSELVES IN THAT POSITION. HA! GOD WAS MORE POWERFUL FOR HIS PEOPLE TO PRAY FOR THEM. Grin
Symphony
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2003, 09:43:42 AM »

Whoa.  Thanks missyann.  Lower case is fine.  I can read it okay.  Yes, I've heard of the Burnahms, and remember Mrs. Burnam and familly in prayer--'tho I'm not sure they were elderly?

Yes, we must remember the missionaries and others in prayer.

Thank you, missyann.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the