Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 03:42:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  General Theology (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Made to be broken?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Made to be broken?  (Read 4858 times)
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« on: May 08, 2005, 12:34:32 AM »

Something thats been on my mind as of late.   Ever thouht about this?   Are we made to be broken so that God can rise to the surface?   Think about it...

Moses
David
Peter
Paul

What did it take for these to be used the way that they were used by God?   Kind of a scary thought when we ask God to use us for His purpose isn't it?

I think many times when we find ourselves in the midst of terrible trials, partly those are to break our will and humble us to the point that we fall flat on our face and are forced to allow God to use us according to HIS purpose.   I am realizing this more and more in my walk, and I must admit its scary at times  Cheesy    This seems abundantly evident in scripture though.

2Co 12:10  Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

What say ye?

Grace and Peace!

Tim

Enslaved in service to Christ
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 12:52:11 AM »

Something thats been on my mind as of late.   Ever thouht about this?   Are we made to be broken so that God can rise to the surface?   Think about it...

Moses
David
Peter
Paul

What did it take for these to be used the way that they were used by God?   Kind of a scary thought when we ask God to use us for His purpose isn't it?

I think many times when we find ourselves in the midst of terrible trials, partly those are to break our will and humble us to the point that we fall flat on our face and are forced to allow God to use us according to HIS purpose.   I am realizing this more and more in my walk, and I must admit its scary at times  Cheesy    This seems abundantly evident in scripture though.

2Co 12:10  Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

What say ye?

Grace and Peace!
Brother, they have been on my mind, here of late. Moses, David, Job, Peter, and Paul.  Yes I know God is using me, as I'm postive he is using others here.

As I walk with God, I see new things, I never knew before. The one main thing with me is, my salvation paided for by Jesus Christ. When he died for me upon the cross.

Resting with the Lord, Jesus Christ.
Bob

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 12:53:42 AM »

Funny that after I post this....I walk down the hallway and hear my son in his room playing football on PS2 chanting...

"oh yeah, oh yeah...who's the man who's the man"  ROFL

Now I know he didn't hear that from me  Cheesy   I am completely humble  Cheesy

OK back on topic!

Tim

2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 12:55:27 AM »

Moses
David
Peter
Paul

What say ye?

Grace and Peace!
Brother, they have been on my mind, here of late. Moses, David, Job, Peter, and Paul.  Yes I know God is using me, as I'm postive he is using others here.

As I walk with God, I see new things, I never knew before. The one main thing with me is, my salvation paided for by Jesus Christ. When he died for me upon the cross.

Resting with the Lord, Jesus Christ.
Bob

Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

Amen DW!   How unsearchable are His depths!

Grace and Peace!

Tim

JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2005, 01:19:25 AM »

I just wish people would learn to 'break' sooner.
Sure would save a lot of grief.  Smiley

Jesus:  To know Him is to love Him.  Smiley  Smiley  Smiley  Smiley

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
2nd Timothy
Gold Member

Resident Meese Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2005, 01:32:49 AM »

LOL....yes this is true.

I heard a song not too long ago from a group called "not by sight".   Check out the lyrics to their song Borne.

Borne of dust, I get so dirty, But You pick me up, brush me off. Send me on my way. Borne of flesh, I get so caught up in my story, It's so human to concern myself with. Everything that I seem to be going through. But Lord, where would I be. Without this flesh to remind me.

Chorus 1: I was borne to breathe, Borne to be broken, Borne to realize that it's not I, But the You in me.
Borne to live, AND Borne to love You. I was borne to die. Knowing that my life is not mine.

Hook: So Lord, thank you for the thorn, I've had to bear. From the day that I was borne.

Borne of love, Love so perfect. You are Heaven's thought, gift of God. Come to save the world. Born of flesh and born of Spirit, My sweet Savior it's so like You. To concern Yourself with, Everything that I seem to be going through. Oh Lord, where would I be, Without Your love to remind me.

Chorus 1

Hook: So Lord, thank you for the thorn, I've had to bear. From the day that I was borne.

Bridge for 2nd Chorus: You were borne to breathe, Borne to be broken.....

Chorus 2: You were borne to breathe, Borne to be broken, Borne so that I would realize, You are all I need.

Borne to live, Borne to love (save) me. You were borne to die so that I, Could be completely free. (Repeat)

Hook: So Lord, thank you for the thorns, for the thorns, you chose to bear, So that I could be... I could be borne. I could be borne.

Powerful perspective isn't it?

Grace and Peace!

Tim

felix102

Jesus Christ is Lord!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2005, 04:04:30 AM »

Moses
David
Peter
Paul

What say ye?

Grace and Peace!

This is an important thing to bring up bro. Thanks for bringing it up. God needs to break us so we can recognize our need for Him. It's not scary at all brother, God disciplines those He loves and the breaking is good for us. Otherwise, we fall away from God.

The reason we must be broken:

The only thing that God wants for us, is to completely rely on Him. Praise the Lord, we are weak...but because we are weak the power of Christ tabernacles over us. God loves us just as we are and desires us just to trust and love Him. God has everything planned out for us.

Everyone will go through life trying to do things on their own. Everyone will rely on their own abilities...but this is not what God wants. We should learn something from the gospel of salvation. It is done by the GRACE of God! We cannot attain our own salvation by good works. This is what grace is: when we cannot do something, someone else does it for us; when we are weak, another one stronger than us gives us strength; when we fail, another one more powerful than us makes us conquer.

This someone is Christ. And Christ is Grace!

While we are not "broken" we are completely concerned with 'self'. But in this state...sooner or later you will fail. And that is when you are broken. That is when you will see that you need God, you need the grace of God which is Jesus Christ.

2 Tim 2:1
You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the