Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:41:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286799 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Prayer
| |-+  Prayer Requests (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  cris
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: cris  (Read 6944 times)
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2005, 02:35:23 PM »

Cris,

You are in my prayers every day, and the same is true for many others. Please remember that we many times grow stronger in the LORD during difficult times. If we pray, yield, and wait upon the LORD, it appears many times that the LORD intervenes at exactly the right time. We grow stronger becuase we pray more, learn the LORD's ways, and especially learn to wait upon the LORD in the most difficult times. There are also times when the LORD has answers or plans to work something out in a manner that would not be our first choice or even a choice at all. All things do work together for good to them who love GOD.

Love In Christ,
Tom

1 Timothy 4:4-6 NASB  For everything created by God is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with gratitude; for it is sanctified by means of the word of God and prayer. In pointing out these things to the brethren, you will be a good servant of Christ Jesus, constantly nourished on the words of the faith and of the sound doctrine which you have been following.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2005, 09:21:24 PM »

My prayers are with you, everyday Cris.

cris
Gold Member

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2005, 10:05:13 PM »

Thank you PR, BEP and DW.

BEP, you are 100% right when you say that God intervenes at exactly the right time.  I have personally seen this over and over.  I'm amazed every time.  You'd think I'd be used to it by now. Smiley That's why I've said so very many times that He's never late, He's never early, but He's always on time.  I'm very aware He has plans I don't know about that work together for good to them who love Him.  That's always in my conscious mind.  I don't know if I'm dealing with oppressive spirits, but I know whatever it is, compresses like a pancake.  I keep peeling myself back up. That's why I said I was so tired.  Well, God's in this too, or I wouldn't be able to get up at all.  I know He hears my prayers.  I know He knows what's going on, but sure wish He'd zap 'em to smitherines, right now. Grin  

I learned a long time ago to pray in good times as well as in those that try us.  I'm in touch with Him daily with "thanks in all things."  You know the list He commands us to pray for.............our government leaders, our pastors and ministers, our brothers and sisters....................ok BEP, you know what I mean.  It seems the list gets longer everyday. That just reminded me of a joke some years back about someone saying, "oh no, you don't want to pray with him/her; she/he prays for the grass and the trees and leaves and bugs and.............."  hehe   Then I always end with asking Him to remember those whom I might have forgotten, as He knows their needs, (imagine that, after what I just said). Wink  Well, when that prayer time ends, I keep in touch with Him throughout the day.  I'm sure most of us here at CU do the same.

The name of the Lord is a Strong Tower; the righteous runs to it and is safe.  I sought the Lord; He answered me and delivered me from all my fears.  OT, Psalms, I think.  I'm not good at remembering chapters and verses.  I just remember.  

Again, thanks guys for your prayers.  They are very much appreciated.

Grace and peace,
cris

ZakDar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2005, 07:33:13 PM »

Our Great God and Wonderful Father,

We love you with all our heart, all our soul, all our strength, and all our mind. And we love one another as we love ourselves. Therefore, I enter your courts with thanksgiving and with praise, and I bring with me my beloved sister cris.

And since you remember our sins no more, we enter the holiest by the blood of our Lord Jesus with boldness, and with our high priest beseech you Father.

I lift my sister on a pedestal before you. She is fighting the enemy and her strength wanes. Therefore Father, I pray the prayer of faith that you endue her with strength, spirit, soul, and body. Restore her strength unto her. Also Father, I would ask that you send workers across her path who would enjoin the fight with her, and also show her the ways of pulling down those strongholds.

Now, I command you Satan, by the authority of the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, that you cease ALL manuevers against my sister cris right now!!!!

Glory be to God hallelujah Father!!!! Glory to your name and I thank you for setting my sister free!! Blessed be the name of God forever. Abba Father!!! (I will now pray and praise in tongues, if you don't mind because my words are just...., I just need to get something else out here and I need to use my prayer language).

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.
ZakDar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2005, 07:42:07 PM »

Our Great God and Wonderful Father,

We love you with all our heart, all our soul, all our strength, and all our mind. And we love one another as we love ourselves. Therefore, I enter your courts with thanksgiving and with praise, and I bring with me my beloved sister cris.

And since you remember our sins no more, we enter the holiest by the blood of our Lord Jesus with boldness, and with our high priest beseech you Father.

I lift my sister on a pedestal before you. She is fighting the enemy and her strength wanes. Therefore Father, I pray the prayer of faith that you endue her with strength, spirit, soul, and body. Restore her strength unto her. Also Father, I would ask that you send workers across her path who would enjoin the fight with her, and also show her the ways of pulling down those strongholds.

Now, I command you Satan, by the authority of the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, that you cease ALL manuevers against my sister cris right now!!!!

Glory be to God hallelujah Father!!!! Glory to your name and I thank you for setting my sister free!! Blessed be the name of God forever. Abba Father!!! (I will now pray and praise in tongues, if you don't mind because my words are just...., I just need to get something else out here and I need to use my prayer language).

To the members of CU:

The prayer of agreement is far, far more powerful than any other prayer that I know of. If you are in agreement with what I have prayed, then please take the time to tell the Father of your agreement, and join me in praise and worship for the victory that we know cris will experience.

Thank You

ZakDar

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2005, 08:30:24 PM »

To my dear sister cris:

I have a Word from the Lord for you.

2Co 1:20  For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

Hallelujah!! ALL, the promises! Not just some, but all of them.

And here are a couple of God's promises:

Psa 91:9  Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
Psa 91:10  There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.

Psa 91:14  Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
Psa 91:15  He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
Psa 91:16  With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.

Psa 103:1 Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
Psa 103:2  Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
Psa 103:3  Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
Psa 103:4  Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
Psa 103:5  Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

1Jo 4:4  Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Take these scriptures to heart. Meditate on them. Speak them out. Proclaim them boldly in your life. Change the pronouns to "me", and take this word as your very own.

And finally, love our God and believe, never wavering.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2005, 08:41:28 PM by ZakDar » Logged

Jemidon2004

Just a sinner granted unmerited marvelous grace...

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2005, 10:10:24 PM »

I'm not good at intersession, however, I do know that God's Word is a present help in time of darkness and is a light unto our path. Here are a few of my favorite Scripture verses and the words to a song that I often listen to if I'm feeling down and out.

Romans 8:31

31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be [8] against us? 32 He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? 33 Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies. 34 Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. [9] 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 36 As it is written,

“For your sake we are being killed all the day long;
we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”

37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 Corinthians 4:8-12

8 We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair; 9 persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed; 10 always carrying in the body the death of Jesus, so that the life of Jesus may also be manifested in our bodies. 11 For we who live are always being given over to death for Jesus' sake, so that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh. 12 So death is at work in us, but life in you.

And when I feel like i'm out of the battle or it's getting too hard...I look to what my Savior will look like when He comes to judge this world as well as what He will look like in heaven. Take a look at these Scriptures:

Revelation 1:12

12 Then I turned to see the voice that was speaking to me, and on turning I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and in the midst of the lampstands one like a son of man, clothed with a long robe and with a golden sash around his chest. 14 The hairs of his head were white like wool, as white as snow. His eyes were like a flame of fire, 15 his feet were like burnished bronze, refined in a furnace, and his voice was like the roar of many waters. 16 In his right hand he held seven stars, from his mouth came a sharp two-edged sword, and his face was like the sun shining in full strength.

and the King of Glory!!

Revelation 19

11 Then I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse! The one sitting on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he judges and makes war. 12 His eyes are like a flame of fire, and on his head are many diadems, and he has a name written that no one knows but himself. 13 He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God. 14 And the armies of heaven, arrayed in fine linen, white and pure, were following him on white horses. 15 From his mouth comes a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations, and he will rule them with a rod of iron. He will tread the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God the Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.

What a glorious day that shall be. It strengthens my soul to know that MY God is Sovereign and still has all things under His control. It strengthens my soul to know that MY God is a shield in a time of trouble...a very present help in time of darkness. He is a warrior. I counsel people on the side as a hobby and because I care for people and what they go through. Yes, I am 18 years old, and I do not have much experience, however, I find that in order to take the focus off of myself, God allows me the joy of listening to others and helping them by offering sound biblical advice. God is so good. Our God is sovereign and NOTHING will triumph against Him. As you said, the War has already been won. However we are still fighting the battles...and we are beaten and scarred...yet, when the wounds heal...oh how glorious the day. I hope something i've said has made ya feel better and that God has in some way used Scripture to help  ya. Yes, even a calvinist has a heart for people :-P I'm prayin for ya, look toward the mountains! That's where our help comes from!!

Here's the words to that song.

The Warrior Is a Child - Twila Paris

Lately i've been winning battles left and right
Even winners can get wounded in the fight
People say that I'm amazing
Strong beyond my years
But they don't see inside of me
I'm hiding all the tears

They don't know that I go running home when i fall down
They don't know who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and cry for just a while with Him
Cause deep inside this armor, The warrior is a child

Unafraid because His armor is the best
Even soldiers need a quiet place to rest
People say that I"m amazing
Never face retreat
But they don't see the enemies that lay me at his feet.

They don't know that I go running home when I fall down
They don't know know who picks me up when no one is around
I drop my sword and cry for just a while with Him
Cause deep inside this armour the warrior is a child...

That describes me to the letter. Yes, I have a good grip on theology and A LOT of people see me as this godly person, but they don't see that still inside the warrior, i'm still HIS child. Some do, some don't but thank God we can fall down at His feet and rest. God Bless

Coram Deo,
Joshua

"Man is never sufficiently touched and affected by the awareness of his lowly state until he has compared himself with God's majesty" - John Calvin
Battle Maiden

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2005, 05:33:17 AM »

Please keep me in your prayers.  It's coming at me from all sides and is affecting my health.  I know we wage war against powers and principalities and I'm exhausted.  I'm praying for strength and guidance and that peace that surpasses all understanding.  I'm really, really very tired.  Please, please, hold me up to the Lord in your prayers.

Thanks, all of you!

cris

Smiley

I am praying that the Lord strengthens you and fills you with his peace, the peace that passes all understanding. He will give you all the necessary tools that you need to stand.

Battle Maiden
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2005, 10:20:37 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I was reading all of these beautiful posts and realizing something precious and powerful. The thought hit me right between the eyes and gave me a lot of peace:  WE ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE MASTER, ALMIGHTY GOD!  I stopped when this thought hit me, and I really couldn't think of anything else. These are just a few words, but think about what they really mean.

WHEN WE CONSIDER THE REALITY OF WHO OUR HEAVENLY FATHER IS FOR ETERNITY, how does that compare to our current and temporary difficulties? I sincerely hope that you understand what I'm thinking about because I had no intention to diminish the trials and difficulties we face in this short life. The comparison just hit me, and I couldn't put human words to the meaning of being a child of the KING, THE MASTER, ALMIGHTY GOD! I have my own difficulties, but they were out of mind and seemed trivial when I considered the ultimate reality: I am a child of GOD, and I love HIM with all my heart. Everything DOES work out to good for those who love GOD.

Brothers and Sisters, we should and will keep praying for each other, but think about this:

We are Children of the Master, The KING, ALMIGHTY GOD!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 12:2-3 NASB  "Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For the LORD GOD is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation." Therefore you will joyously draw water From the springs of salvation.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2005, 10:44:15 AM »

Cris, you are in my prayers, and the same is true for many others. And I am still praying for you.

Resting in the hands, of the Lord.
Bob

Jeremiah 21:2 Inquire, I pray you, of the Lord for us, for Nebuchadrezzar king of Babylon is making war against us. Perhaps the Lord will deal with us according to all His wonderful works, forcing him to withdraw from us.

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2005, 11:05:11 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

I was reading all of these beautiful posts and realizing something precious and powerful. The thought hit me right between the eyes and gave me a lot of peace:  WE ARE THE CHILDREN OF THE MASTER, ALMIGHTY GOD!  I stopped when this thought hit me, and I really couldn't think of anything else. These are just a few words, but think about what they really mean.

WHEN WE CONSIDER THE REALITY OF WHO OUR HEAVENLY FATHER IS FOR ETERNITY, how does that compare to our current and temporary difficulties? I sincerely hope that you understand what I'm thinking about because I had no intention to diminish the trials and difficulties we face in this short life. The comparison just hit me, and I couldn't put human words to the meaning of being a child of the KING, THE MASTER, ALMIGHTY GOD! I have my own difficulties, but they were out of mind and seemed trivial when I considered the ultimate reality: I am a child of GOD, and I love HIM with all my heart. Everything DOES work out to good for those who love GOD.

Brothers and Sisters, we should and will keep praying for each other, but think about this:

We are Children of the Master, The KING, ALMIGHTY GOD!

Love In Christ,
Tom

Isaiah 12:2-3 NASB  "Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For the LORD GOD is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation." Therefore you will joyously draw water From the springs of salvation.

Amen!

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Battle Maiden

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2005, 02:50:53 PM »

Hey guys, please keep me in your prayers, still.  The storm subsided for a while but it's started all over again.  I've about had it.  I KNOW He's in control.  I KNOW He sees what's happening.  I lay all at His feet.  I really think I'm only still alive because it's His breath I breathe.  I think I stopped breathing on my own a very long time ago.

As JN said that CU was his family.  Well, it's my only family.  This "stuff" has just got to stop but I see no end in sight.  Sometimes I think I just exist (not live) to die.  It's really hard.

Thanks guys.

Grace and peace,
cris

Hi Cris, the Lord will never leave or forsake you. He is there for you at all times. I see the dark cloud around you, but I also see the light, the light is stronger. It will desperse the darkness for greater is he that is in you than he that is the the world. Keep resisting and it will go. Everything comes under submission in Jesus name.  For mighty is is name,I will be praying for you.

Battle Maiden
Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2006, 11:44:41 AM »

In response to Tom's post, I found this verse a while ago, and it still makes me cry: John 16:26-27 "...you will make your request in My name, and I do not say that I shall pray to the Father for you, for the Father loves you Himself."

I have always been taught that we pray "in Jesus's name" because God cannot bear to look at us, and can only hear our requests if He sees Jesus instead. But Jesus says that this is not true! This is His Father, and He already loved us while we were still sinners; how much more must He show love to us now, since we have been rescued into His love as children? We do not need to hide, behind the Son, from a God who can't stand the sight of us; He sees us! God the Father sees me! It is more than I can imagine!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2006, 10:31:02 PM »

AMEN WILLOWBIRCH!

Hello Sister, there is much to be amazed about when we consider what JESUS did for us on the Cross. Regardless of our station in this life, we were simply lowly sinners not worthy of God's Love and certainly not worthy of JESUS dying on the Cross in our place.

Now what we have in this short life on earth is nothing in comparison to eternity with JESUS. If we glory or boast, let us GLORY AND BOAST IN JESUS. It is true that we are seen through HIM because it is also true that we are in HIM and HE is in us. Let's not forget about the ultimate REALITY: the HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD already lives in our hearts and has SEALED our hearts as a pledge of the PROMISES given to us from ALMIGHTY GOD HIMSELF. Our inheritance is eternal and assured because it is a PROMISE of GOD. Christians should have great joy when we think about the eternal PROMISES of GOD. This should also make us very humble because it's nothing that we have earned or deserve, rather a GIFT from GOD and the BLOOD of JESUS on the CROSS.

Thanks be unto GOD for HIS unspeakable GIFT!, JESUS CHRIST, our Lord and Saviour forever!

Love in Christ,
Tom

Romans 5:8-9 NASB  But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.  Much more then, having now been justified by His blood, we shall be saved from the wrath of God through Him.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the