Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 03:25:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286848 Posts in 27569 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Debate (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Demon Possession
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Demon Possession  (Read 4729 times)
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2006, 04:10:48 PM »

I have also witnessed some pretty strange things.  Ephesians 6:12 "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Demons are an interesting subject at times, to me, because there isn't much information about their origins provided in the Bible.  However, I don't worry about such things most of the time. John 14: 20 says "On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you." And I also fall back on one of my most favorite scriptures Ephesians 6: 10-11 "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes."
Peace!
-Am-
AMEN -Am-

Kathy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2006, 04:13:17 PM »

OK I am throwing in my 2 cents. I have an answer this, but I am having a hard time with my memory so I will say what I think and then if something I said is off I will correct myself. We have studied this and I am trying to remember exactly what my pastor had said, therefore what I say may be correct but may have some facts that are missing something. Demons are real but they are not fallen angels. Demons come from a world before Adam and Eve. Those that lived before Adam and Eve and yes there was life before Adam and Eve, its in the Bible. Anyway, when those who lived before aDam and Eve and before Lucifer decided he wanted to be like God, did not have a soul(?) so when they died they had no place to go, so they roam the universe look for a place to possess. OK I know that is not how he explained it. Scratching head. HMMMMMM. Now I am questioning why are evil. LOL, I need a refresher course from my pastor. LAMS=Laughing at myself (just made that up). Maybe I should just keep my mouth shut until I find out for sure. OH I don't know how to do that, so here it is.
Kathy
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2006, 04:14:28 PM »

p.s. I once got in trouble as a youngster for tossing food in the cafe at school, so I'll just sit this one out if you guys don't mind! lol!
To late -Am- you done been got...............................  Grin Grin Grin Grin

[/ceter]

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2006, 06:41:13 PM »

It is an ongoing argument amongst theologians and Biblical scolars as to whether fallen angels and demons (daemons in Greek and translated as devils in the NT) are both one and the same. It is accepted by most Christians that they are both the same. The Bible itself is very vague on this and most people base their beliefs on non-Biblical sources . One thing that we can be certain of is that both fallen angels and demons are evil spirits for the Bible does tell us this.

Heb 1:7  And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

Luk 8:2  And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils,

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
Kelly4Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2006, 06:56:18 PM »

Hi!
I believe there is overwhelming evil in this world. I believe it will do two things: Take residence in a nonbeliever because they don't have the armor of God on them, nor have they accepted Jesus into their lives. That is a given for me. I do believe that anyone can be engulfed in evil if Christ is not in their hearts, and the Glory of God is not in their lives.

I just can't believe in the word, POSSESSED after Christ and the apostles brought the gentiles and Jews to Christianity. I truly believe that, a strong Christian can be enticed by these demons, right down to pulling them into temptation and allowing in sin--but I don't believe a Christian who is strong in our Lord can be fully possessed by any of them. I don't like to give satan any more credit than he seems to get in our world today. Saying that he is still allowed to possess, to me only opens doors to the Benny Hinns (who will say they are curing through removing demons), and to the strength of evil. With Christ, we are protected by His Power and satan doesn't have a chance if we, as His Children truly believe and confess in His Name. In other words--you can try all you want, but forget it Satan--I am a child of God and Jesus Christ is my Savior--find someone else!

When I get intimate in prayer and am devoted to prayer through the Holy Spirit, I feel overwhelming attacks of evil around me at times. Once I feel that evil, which tries to defeat me with doubt and confusion, I scream out the name of our Lord and profess Him as my Lord and Savior. I then feel peace and know that, through Him, satan and his buddies have no power.

I also believe that, other that the Catholic religion, most organized religions will not perform exorcism, except for the snake-biting types that believe that they are above any other power, including God. Even the Catholic church refrains now from exorcism, unlike the old days when it was much more accepted.

As for food fights, my son got indoor suspension for doing that during a school function. I better not let him see this thread! Mom gave him WHAT FOR when it came to that incident...now I am throwing pies! lol

God Bless,
Kelly

God Bless You Always!
In The Precious Love of Jesus,
Kelly

Psalm 62: 5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;  my hope comes from him.  6 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2006, 07:18:34 AM »

DW,
That is quite the action photograph.  I noticed who ever took that picture captured the food while it was still in the air!  Very good quality! Thats how it started in the cafe in school.......my friend poured his corn portion on me and said "you done been got" LOL! Grin

"The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it."  John 1:5
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2006, 07:22:07 AM »

DW,
my friend poured his corn portion on me and said "you done been got" LOL! Grin
You didn't by chance go to school in Los Angeles did you? Cause I did that to a friend of mine. Cheesy 

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2006, 07:27:45 AM »

As for food fights, my son got indoor suspension for doing that during a school function. I better not let him see this thread! Mom gave him WHAT FOR when it came to that incident...now I am throwing pies! lol

God Bless,
Kelly
Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Amorus

The Lord's Apprentice

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2006, 07:29:02 AM »

You didn't by chance go to school in Los Angeles did you? Cause I did that to a friend of mine. Cheesy 
No, the other side of the states in Jersey.  You didn't have any relatives out that way did you?  Maybe someone was inspired by your story!  Grin

Yes Sister,
I too was scolded by my Mom, which did work.  Although if I found out she was starting food fights....hmmmm...that does change the situation.  Best to not let your son see this....LOL! Grin Grin Grin Grin

"The Light shines in the darkness and the darkness has not overcome it."  John 1:5
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2006, 09:26:43 AM »

No, the other side of the states in Jersey.  You didn't have any relatives out that way did you?  Maybe someone was inspired by your story!  Grin

If that happened in the 1980's, I was in Delta, Pa. I wasn't that far away. Yes a few of my friends knew that story, about me.  Oops............ Grin Grin Grin

Rookieupgrade1
Gold Member

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2006, 10:41:12 AM »

1Pe 5:8  Be on your guard and stay awake. Your enemy, the devil, is like a roaring lion, sneaking around to find someone to attack.

I think that this give a good example of how even after Christ (since this was written after the assention of the risen Lord) that Christ through Peter was warning us of the dangers of the spirits around us. Peter would have been a first hand witness to this fact as Christ cast out demons before him. The devel is in our midst and looking to devour us.

the devour part leaves alot to the imagination.

Sprit warfare is very real. Posession as seen in the bible in countless places is one of the enemys tools.

Be on guard.

BIC

Gary

just doing my best to follow..........
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2006, 10:58:09 AM »

1Pe 5:8  Be on your guard and stay awake. Your enemy, the devil, is like a roaring lion, sneaking around to find someone to attack.

I think that this give a good example of how even after Christ (since this was written after the assention of the risen Lord) that Christ through Peter was warning us of the dangers of the spirits around us. Peter would have been a first hand witness to this fact as Christ cast out demons before him. The devel is in our midst and looking to devour us.

the devour part leaves alot to the imagination.

Sprit warfare is very real. Posession as seen in the bible in countless places is one of the enemys tools.

Be on guard.

BIC
AMEN rookie!!

Kelly4Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2006, 03:55:20 PM »

Okay, I just have to ask...Then I am running very fast! lol

Where I have seen even autism said to be possession, I would like everyone's opinion on they believe is true possession--like an example? Schizophrenia, Bi-Polar, Autism, etc? I use these because, in some religions they are believed to be satanic possession and I don't believe they are..and if autism is, my kids are only possessed by His Holy Spirit and no demons at all! In the name of Jesus Christ I declare this!

I am not talking about the spitting of pea soup and head spinning--although cases like that are SUPPOSEDLY documented in our time. I have just wondered why, except for Catholics, or pagan religionis like voodoo believe in exorcism, but all others have steared clear from it existing. Is it fear of accepting the fact that it does exist that made them all abolish acting upon it, or misconception of what it truly is?

I am just interested on views..As with my other posts, I wait on God to tell me things. As of now, I have not seen anyone possessed--in the context it is meant.

God Bless,
Kelly

God Bless You Always!
Kelly

Psalm 62: 5 Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;  my hope comes from him.  6 He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2006, 04:27:03 PM »

I have never heard of any of those, mental disorders being said, to be Possessed.

Kelly4Jesus

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2006, 07:27:59 PM »

Hi DW!
Actually, it started out in the dark ages, when people didnt understand mental illness. However, there have been quite a few autistic children, as well as Bipolar and ones with other disorders, taken by certain religious groups as possession. Even with seizures, some have believed that to be possession. Unfortunately, it is true in some cases.

I just dont understand possession I guess. When I have read the bible, it isn't really clear on how they were acting or what they were doing to show possession by demons. I guess I need a clear example as to how I would see applied in today's world.  It's just my faith in God--and believing in His power over everything. I have a hard time believing it could happen in the way possession has been explained to me.

God Bless,
Kelly

God Bless You Always!
Kelly

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the