Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:33:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286808 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  You name it!! (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Tisk tisk
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tisk tisk  (Read 3576 times)
Sapphire W34P0N
Gold Member

We'll party like we're dead.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2005, 04:37:21 PM »

Tibby! Great to see you! I've missed your perspective...

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2005, 08:42:52 PM »

This is the Tibby that was missed. Perhaps a void has been filled this day at CU.

Woohoo! Lets hear it for the void filling days!

Tibby! Great to see you! I've missed your perspective...

And I yours. Grin

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2005, 12:57:13 PM »

This is one baptist that won't be staying in the corner...lol. I'm too eager to see the rest of Heaven and the New Jerusalem, that I ain't staying in my own corner...and I doubt the rest of my Baptist collegues will be able to stay in the corner when they see the magnificient radiance of the Glory of the Lord. Smiley

Joshua

This Baptist won't be hugging the corner either!  Cheesy

Not all Baptists believe the RCC is evil Allinall.

Bronzesnake

Yah, yah, yah.  I know.   Smiley  I'm referring to a specific group that tends to think that way.  They joke about it, but still operate as such.  Hope I didn't imply I think that of all Baptists!   Embarrassed

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Allinall
Gold Member

HE is my All in All.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2005, 01:00:17 PM »

lol, They did, but I came back anyways. I said to my self "Tibby, when as a cult EVER scared you away from the people you love?" Tongue Grin

See?!?!  That's what we've been missin'!  Good natured, albeit completely cracked, comments like that!   Grin  I love ya man.  Good to have ya back!

"that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death"
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2005, 05:32:13 AM »

lol, They did, but I came back anyways. I said to my self "Tibby, when as a cult EVER scared you away from the people you love?" Tongue Grin

Mwahahaha we still seemed to have scared off your typing skills though.

Tongue

Corpus
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2005, 01:27:21 PM »

For what it's worth...
I like CU am and not protestant. I appreciate the Christian attitude of kindness many display here. I for one wouldn't doubt the commitment to their faith for many on these boards, and don't mistake anyone's courtesy as a 'softening' in their faith. It's just that you like coming to a place where people are simply decent to one another, can laugh at their differences (oh the nun jokes I've heard!), and can still disagree from time to time.
Saved_4ever
Gold Member

A KJV bible believing Christian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2005, 01:54:39 PM »

Hey wait.... are you REALLY all riled up over tibby's comments?

Ppffft he's so easy to blow off it's not even fun.

He's fulla hot air.  I find it humorous he and I should seem to show up at the same time.  We had many verbal "altercation" (if you will).  I learned how to deal with him and he likes to get you riled up.  Him calling myself or anyone else a hate-monger is funny.  He can spew just as much "hate" as the next person.

Take him with a grain of salt.  Or more like that gnat that keeps bothering you.

Hey tibby   Tongue

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2005, 05:22:06 PM »

I explained the situation over PM, Silver. My quoting you was kind of a joke for everyone else who was here for those events. My hate-monger comment is more for the anti-catholics whose bias against Catholics spreads to other parts of the forum (I know more people like this in real life, too, Christians who can't be your friend if you're not with them on everything, and openly show their feels in other ways). As Saved said, I can spew hate almost as good as he can (But I could never dream of being so spiteful as a master such as himself  ).

I agree, though, that Catholics and Protestants are in fact mutually exclusive. If the Army started using battleships and aircraft carriers and let the marines do all there hand-to-hand fighting, they wouldn't be the army, they would be the Navy. If you take out all of the tradition and focus and chain-of-command in the Army, is it the Army any more? I think the same applies to not only Catholicism vs. Protestantism, but also in the case of sect vs. sect. HOWEVER, both the Army and the Navy have a specific goal, that through working together, under the command of one leader, can successfully keep us safe from threats the world over. Likewise, while the 2 Sects have very distinct beliefs, to believe that they are eternally separating only show your lack of knowledge on either what a Catholic is, what or Protestant is, or what a Christian is.

But, sorry, Silver, this is not a Protestant Forum, this is a Christian Forum.

Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2005, 03:15:08 AM »

I explained the situation over PM, Silver. My quoting you was kind of a joke for everyone else who was here for those events. My hate-monger comment is more for the anti-catholics whose bias against Catholics spreads to other parts of the forum (I know more people like this in real life, too, Christians who can't be your friend if you're not with them on everything, and openly show their feels in other ways). As Saved said, I can spew hate almost as good as he can (But I could never dream of being so spiteful as a master such as himself  ).

I agree, though, that Catholics and Protestants are in fact mutually exclusive. If the Army started using battleships and aircraft carriers and let the marines do all there hand-to-hand fighting, they wouldn't be the army, they would be the Navy. If you take out all of the tradition and focus and chain-of-command in the Army, is it the Army any more? I think the same applies to not only Catholicism vs. Protestantism, but also in the case of sect vs. sect. HOWEVER, both the Army and the Navy have a specific goal, that through working together, under the command of one leader, can successfully keep us safe from threats the world over. Likewise, while the 2 Sects have very distinct beliefs, to believe that they are eternally separating only show your lack of knowledge on either what a Catholic is, what or Protestant is, or what a Christian is.

But, sorry, Silver, this is not a Protestant Forum, this is a Christian Forum.
Well said Tibby Grin

nChrist
Global Moderator
Gold Member

May God Lead And Guide Us All

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2005, 04:42:35 AM »

Brothers and Sisters,

The love of Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour can and should overcome many obstacles, not just with other brothers and sisters in Christ, but with everyone.

Matthew 22:36  Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
Matthew 22:37  Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
Matthew 22:38  This is the first and great commandment.
Matthew 22:39  And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
Matthew 22:40  On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

Tibby, I know that you are my brother in Christ, and I've always loved you. If I'm wrong, and I don't think I am, I am still commanded to love you. We've had our share of bashing here, Catholic and Protestant, and nothing was ever accomplished for the Body of Christ with any of it. In fact, it harmed the Body of Christ and was a very poor example for the lost who watch us.

Please don't think that I'm even hinting that I'm innocent in the hate fests, because I'm certainly not. This is something that I've been praying about for a long time. We are commanded to love, even our enemies, and other brothers and sisters in Christ are certainly not our enemies. There's one thing for certain - we can't begin to love our enemies until we learn to love our brothers and sisters in Christ first. Differences in doctrine is not an excuse to hate, and God certainly won't accept it.

I'm asking everyone to pray about this. The lost looking in on us should see us practicing what we preach. If they see hate among us as bad or worse than the world, what will they think about the rest of the Good News that saves? Don't we all know the answer to that question?

I'm positive that it is possible to discuss our differences in love because we've done it many times. Our problem, including mine, is some things get too hot and we add logs to the fire too often.

Let's try harder to love each other and ask God to help us.

Love In Christ,
Tom

Matthew 18:4  Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Psalms 143:8  Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.

2 Corinthians 5:17-18  Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

Soldier4Christ
Global Moderator
Gold Member

One Nation Under God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2005, 10:35:19 AM »

Amen, Beps.

Satan does use our many weaknesses to his benefit, to prevent us from doing the Lords work effectively, to cause division amongst the Body of Christ.......

Ego and hatred. Two of the greatest tools of the Devil. Hatred because another is different physically, mentally or spiritually. Hatred because someone said something to us that we didn't like.

1Co 8:1  ........... Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth.
1Co 8:2  And if any man think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know.
1Co 8:3  But if any man love God, the same is known of him.

1Pe 5:5  Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble.
1Pe 5:6  Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time:
1Pe 5:7  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
1Pe 5:8  Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
1Pe 5:9  Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

Joh 9:4  I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work.
M

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2005, 10:15:52 AM »

Let's keep this forum called ChristiansUnite not
WHENCHRISTIANSFIGHT.

I like to point out differences in doctrine among different Christian denominations.  I don't feel I have authority to criticize most churches in most cases.  It is worth studying the scriptures to understand why some people interpret the scriptures in a particular manner.  

There is a purpose to this forum being moderated.  I don't feel that it is being controlled.  It is free to the public to read but not everything being sent in can be posted up here and honor Christ.  We do not honor Christ by insulting one another.  We might need to argue and debate but we might try praying for one another instead of writing something that will hurt another Christian.  If people don't like this forum they can set up their own and invite others that think like them to join.   I am happy that non-believers can come here and find out about Christ.
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2005, 02:42:50 PM »

Let's keep this forum called ChristiansUnite not
WHENCHRISTIANSFIGHT.

lol, that is great!

Willowbirch
Gold Member

He is risen! - He is risen indeed.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2005, 04:57:45 PM »

See?!?!  That's what we've been missin'!  Good natured, albeit completely cracked, comments like that!   Grin  I love ya man.  Good to have ya back!
Grin Ditto!

"Man dreams and desires; God broods, and wills, and quickens."
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the