Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:34:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286798 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Fellowship
| |-+  Just For Women (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  Playstation...the Mistress?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Playstation...the Mistress?  (Read 1673 times)
chicklittle

IM me if you want to know me!

View Profile
« on: April 11, 2005, 09:29:09 PM »

My husband and I have been married since January. He is active duty Air Force, an assistant scoutmaster for the Boyscouts,he tries to go to the gym everday for an hour (I go with him often times) and we both help lead a small youth ministry at our church. During our three month marriage, I think he has played his video games once, because he was sick. How much time he gets to play these games has never been an issue to him. Considering his schedule, how much time he spends with me has always been an issue to ME. Spending time is extremely high on my needs list. Typically, if I don't feel second, I feel last place.  Recently, he wouldn't come to bed with me and he ended up playing video games until 3am. This was very upsetting to me. Now he is posing the problem of never having enough time to play his games. I strongly dislike video games. I think they are meaningless and a complete waste of time. I was really into a game for a few months once, but every time I played, I felt like a total looser for spending so much time on something that accomplished nothing! He tells me that it helps him "relax". It leaves me wondering why I'm not relaxing enough anymore. He's decided that he needs to play these games for 4 hours each week. This really bothers me...I feel very jealous for his time and attention. I feel like he's got a lot on his plate and this only takes more of his time. His comment to me was, "don't worry, I'm not hanging you out to dry." I don't know what that meant, but it didn't sound good. I know he didn't mean anything mean by it, but I feel really hurt that he wants to play these games so much. Am I being selfish? Am I being too co-dependant? Am I alone in this?? He offered once to give up boyscouts because it took up so much of his time, and he knew how it affected me.  He's not offering that with the video games, and I hesitate to ask because I want to please him.  I would really rather just throw them all out!  Am I wrong?

Yahoo IM chicklittle49.
cl3m3nt1a

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 02:18:25 AM »

I totally feel you Smiley My bf is crazy about final fantasy xi. I always feel second to ffxi although he keeps insisting that it is not true. I am not sure if this would make you feel better, but 4 hrs a wk would be something I am grateful for Smiley because right now, my bf plays 4 hrs a day!  He is working 8 hrs a day 7 days a wk. I am lucky if we get to see each other 3 times a week for 1-2 hrs each time.

I personally don't understand why my bf would spend so much time earning fake money and fake items in a fantasy world either. If anyone can find a solution to your problem, she/he's surely answering my prayer too Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the