Webmasters
• Christian Guestbooks
• Banner Exchange
• Dynamic Content

Subscribe to our Free Newsletter.
Enter your email address:

ChristiansUnite
Forums
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:05:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Our Lord Jesus Christ loves you.
286777 Posts in 27568 Topics by 3790 Members
Latest Member: Goodwin
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  ChristiansUnite Forums
|-+  Theology
| |-+  Prophecy - Current Events (Moderator: admin)
| | |-+  The next pope
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The next pope  (Read 2590 times)
twobombs

View Profile WWW
« on: April 10, 2005, 08:19:33 AM »

Now that the former pope is buried (may he rest in peace and be with the Great Sheperd) the 'election'(?) of the next pope is underway. A very good friend of mine, after seeing CBN - coverage of it came up with the idea that the next pope might be black and from the US. There have been sounds that the next pope should come from the African continent as there are now more catholics then anywhere in the world.

Just a thought, anyone got any ideas concerning this ?

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
PeterAV
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 04:08:52 PM »

Can't say as I agree with you in your rendition of the pope.
I'm a Protestant for a good reason.
As far as the next pope,well,there is the Jesuit Cardinal Maria Martini.The belated pope had a single letter on his coffin.The letter"M".It is for Mary worship.Maybe they are thinking to hire Martini.The only problem,is that he is quite old himself.
He had been on the corrupted UBS Greek text committe for a number of years.That is were all the modern false versions get their foundation from.Like NIV,NASB,Holman,etc.
PeterAV
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 05:03:16 PM »

A couple more posts on the topic of the pope can be found at;
http://www.bibleanswers.us/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=2200;start=msg11762#msg11762
twobombs

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 06:58:48 AM »

Hehe, nobody aparently could read between the lines or maybe I was too vague; my first remark dealt with the fact that we are not judges, and not even skilled enough to judge ourselves:

1Co 4:4  For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.
1Co 4:5  Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

The second remark deals with the appearance of another anti-christ according to
1Jo 2:18  Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.
1Jo 4:3  And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

And that's why i'm interested with the next pope, I espect him to be more of somewhat a prophecy fullfilling entity.

[ Tempus Fugit Smiley ]
JudgeNot
Gold Member

Jesus, remember me... Luke 23:42

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 10:35:22 AM »

Hal Lindsey has some interesting insight on this subject – definitely worth the time it takes to read…

http://www.hallindseyoracle.com/articles.asp?ArticleID=10961

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Corpus
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 03:29:14 PM »

Interesting thing about Hal and Saint Malachi.

First, Hal got it wrong back in 1970 when he said things would wrap up in 1988. Hal couldn't accept being wrong though, so proceeded to 'update' his prophecy to a later date.

And the piece about Malachi shows that Hal is more interested in sensationalism than genuine scholarship. The documents considered 're-discovered' in the 16th century have been largely dis-credited as having been WRITTEN in the 16th century "predicting" the papacies that preceded them. if you look through the subsequent popes and hallmarks that Malachi supposedly predicted you find they're woefully lacking in clarity, much less consistency. If one can even find a correlation between some of the signs and a given papacy, one is required to  streeeeetch interpretation to the nth degree, but that is after all, what Mr. Lindsey does best.

Now, I prophesy there will be NO responses to my post...
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 03:33:57 PM »

Now, I prophesy there will be NO responses to my post...

Well - I guess this reply to your post means you can't be a prophet...  Grin  Grin

Near as I can tell, Hal never claimed to be a prophet - just a man with wishful thinking.  I continue to enjoy his writings - whether I agree with him or not, he has my respect.

Covering your tracks is futile; God knows where you're going and where you've been.
JPD
Corpus
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2005, 04:54:42 PM »

Well - I guess this reply to your post means you can't be a prophet...

And thank goodness for that! You ever read what those prophets went through? Nope. I like un-prophetic little 'ole me without nary a clue when the end of the world is coming. The moment God wakes me up in the middle of the night to tell me what's next is the day I say..."couldn't you find someone else?" My fear is that I'd likely run like Jonah, and he didn't fare so well.
JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2005, 05:59:35 PM »

My fear is that I'd likely run like Jonah, and he didn't fare so well.

He-he-he...
I hear you my friend - I hear you!  Prophet = one tough job...

JPD
Shammu
Global Moderator
Gold Member

B(asic) I(nstructions) B(efore) L(eaving) E(arth)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2005, 01:18:37 PM »

My fear is that I'd likely run like Jonah, and he didn't fare so well.

He-he-he...
I hear you my friend - I hear you!  Prophet = one tough job...
Amen, JudgeNot!!

My own feeling is the next pope won't last very long. As he doesn't serve Christ, but man.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2005, 01:19:50 PM by DreamWeaver » Logged

Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2005, 12:54:47 AM »

Personally, I thank ALL OF US, Catholic and Protestant like, will be surprised in heaven by the truth that we denied here on Earth.

Sorry to see I'm STILL the only Pro-Christian in this forum. I guess I'll see you guys next year.  Angry

Was there ever a time when Common sence was common?
Bronzesnake
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2005, 12:35:04 PM »

Actually, this is a Christian forum. There is no denominational identification given as far as I know.

I understand that even my closest friends here have major problems with the R.C.C. - I am Baptist, and I also have some trouble with some of the traditions of the RCC, as well as the way they place Mary on the same level as Jesus.

Having said that, I do not believe they are an "anti Christian" Church. The pope is only a human, and of course it is possible for any human to be deceitful - that doesn't mean we judge all popes as evil. I think John Paul was a good Christian, who tried his best to repair extensive damage which the RCC perpetrated throughout it's history. He also was highly instrumental in building a huge opposition to communism in his native Poland.

Revelations and Daniel do clearly prophecies that satan will have a demonic "religious" system, with a head of that system in place. Could this be a pope? yes, it's possible. However it could just as easily be an Islamic system. As a matter of fact the scriptures seem to point to a non Christian anti-Christ - here's why...

Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

How could satan pretend to be Jesus and openly hunt down and murder Jews and Christians? Could this point to proof that satan comes as Allah? or some other false religious god?

Who really knows those details. All we know is that satan will come, proclaim himself to be "god" and he will have two accomplices - the beast and the false prophet.

Bronzesnake
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2005, 01:55:35 PM »

Now that the former pope is buried (may he rest in peace and be with the Great Sheperd) the 'election'(?) of the next pope is underway. A very good friend of mine, after seeing CBN - coverage of it came up with the idea that the next pope might be black and from the US. There have been sounds that the next pope should come from the African continent as there are now more catholics then anywhere in the world.

Just a thought, anyone got any ideas concerning this ?

As for an on-topic post, I’m praying for the brother from the Philippines. A great man of God, he would make a wonderful Vicer (I refuse to get into it, so don't ever start).

JudgeNot
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2005, 02:08:27 PM »

What if they elected Billy Graham.
Now THAT would cause an interesting ruckus...  Grin

Actually, my cousin Barbara who lives in Texas one of the most spirit-filled people I've ever known - she happens to be Catholic - she'd make an excellent Pope.  (Talk about a ruckus!!!!!  Cheesy  Cheesy )

How does someone like me cast a vote???  Grin

Tibby - you could be Pope.  "Pope Tibbiothus I" - your legacy could be "the bridge builder" between protestants and Catholics"... (or some such nonsense...)  Smiley

JPD
Tibby
Gold Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2005, 02:13:36 PM »

I think Bishop Randy Adler already has the “bridge” title all but copyrighted! Now he would make a fun Pope :-D

Well, the smoke is black... ok guys, one more time, guys Grin

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

More From ChristiansUnite...    About Us | Privacy Policy | | ChristiansUnite.com Site Map | Statement of Beliefs

Copyright © 1999-2019 ChristiansUnite.com. All rights reserved.
Please send your questions, comments, or bug reports to the